Author Topic: The Official Guerschon Yabusele Shanghai-CBA 2016/17 Season Highlights Thread  (Read 25096 times)

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Shavlik Randolph beasted CBA didn't he?
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
The competition this guy is playing is so garbage. Hard to tell what we have in him. Really liked him in the summer league though.

That's what they said About Giannis and Gobert.

they were 100% true especially for Giannis.
here is a random A2 division game from this season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xmiiU94eHs
can anyone see even one player that could be a benchwarmer/DNP-CD for any nbdl team ?

Offline mr. dee

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 614
The competition this guy is playing is so garbage. Hard to tell what we have in him. Really liked him in the summer league though.

were they wrong?

Not exactly but competition is not always a measure of success in the NBA.

Offline mr. dee

• Don Nelson
Shavlik Randolph beasted CBA didn't he?

Does he have the upside and age of Yabusele? I think competing against former NBA players could help the kid. Even Gerald Green played for low competitive league then came back to NBA.

Offline mr. dee

• Don Nelson
Vs Beikong (17 pts, 11 rbs, 5 ast)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdetCYcWMQ0

and a nice ankle breaker out there.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
1. I can't decide if this is guy fat or just has one of those bulky bodies.

2. The white team does not know what returning back to defense off a rebound is.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

2. The white team does not know what returning back to defense off a rebound is.
It's yellow...he's in China
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
is this a reference to supposed skin color? to race? is this supposed to be funny somehow by pointing to a racist stereotype?

if any or all of the above are true then hang your head in shame and apologize to the board.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

were they wrong?

Correct - not sure why people in this country criticize competition against players in Europe, China, etc...but will rave about US players dunking on 15 year olds.

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
is this a reference to supposed skin color? to race? is this supposed to be funny somehow by pointing to a racist stereotype?

if any or all of the above are true then hang your head in shame and apologize to the board.

Evidently, it is, as the team is clearly playing in white uniforms.  Disgusting comment which should be addressed by mods...

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

were they wrong?

Correct - not sure why people in this country criticize competition against players in Europe, China, etc...but will rave about US players dunking on 15 year olds.

well the us players dunking on 15 year olds are also 15 year olds. so it is a fair comparison....

I am one of those people you mention. The thing is that i am not from the US. I live i Europe (Germany at the moment) and i watch every week european bball. You can trust the Spanish league , the Turkish league , the Euroleague, the Russian league. After that it gets a bit tricky.... Italy , France, Greece .... Maybe Germany ,Poland,Israel. And that is it.

I can"t believe that someone will rave about Yabushele or Zizic without any knowledge of their competition. Zizic 60% of his games are against players who couldn't even get the last spot on an NBDL bench. If you are saying it it the same thing playing in Spain the second best league in the world and playing in Latvia against summerleague outcasts then i don"t know what else to say

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

It's yellow...he's in China
trump, is that you?
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
Very underwhelmed by Yabu. Seems his only skill that stands out is his ability to get to the basket which will be much harder at the nba level.

Anyone else wish the celts had taken Ellenson instead? Maybe Ainge values the flexabilty that drafting and stashing presented.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Haha yeah right, I'm yellow myself. Would I be stereotyping my own race? I'm just pointing out something which has completely no malicious or racist intent. If there's someone who needs to go and hang his head in shame it's you for making something out of nothing without even knowing the issue completely,smh
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline mr. dee

• Don Nelson
Very underwhelmed by Yabu. Seems his only skill that stands out is his ability to get to the basket which will be much harder at the nba level.

Anyone else wish the celts had taken Ellenson instead? Maybe Ainge values the flexabilty that drafting and stashing presented.

Nah. He's currently averaging 0.8 pts, 1 rbs and barely cracks rotation. Nothing to write about him.

In case you missed, he's very mobile and handle the ball for his size and position, can shoot 3's. I don't know how can be that thing undewhelming.