Author Topic: Dan Lifshatz of 98.5 says C's gaining traction on large trade  (Read 69532 times)

Re: Dan Lifshatz of 98.5 says C's gaining traction on large trade
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2016, 09:47:47 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
At this point only 2 players make sense. Cousins and Westbrook...
Even though I think both are longshots Cousins is on a team that can not win so they can ask for the Celtics treasure of picks.. Westbrook is even a longer shot because he will be a FA next season..

Now I think many more possibilities will be available the trade deadline ... The Dantoni project will ultimately fail and look for Harden to hit the market as well as the situation in Chicago which will likely put Butler back on the market..

Those who think Griffin, there is no shot .. LAC are gunning for a championship run every year and rebuilding with picks isnt happening..

Overall its easy to call this bluff but the only name that makes sense with all total hype would be Boogie...

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2016, 09:56:51 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Even though I think both are longshots Cousins is on a team that can not win so they can ask for the Celtics treasure of picks.. Westbrook is even a longer shot because he will be a FA next season..

Now I think many more possibilities will be available the trade deadline ... The Dantoni project will ultimately fail and look for Harden to hit the market as well as the situation in Chicago which will likely put Butler back on the market..

Those who think Griffin, there is no shot .. LAC are gunning for a championship run every year and rebuilding with picks isnt happening..

Overall its easy to call this bluff but the only name that makes sense with all total hype would be Boogie...

I just don't think Boogie is as available as some people want him to be. Sacramento just hired Joerger to coach, Ken Catanella to be assistant GM, and they signed a couple of vets (Afflalo, Barnes, Tolliver, Tmple) to short term deals. By the moves, I think they'll make one last push to build around Demarcus and revisit a trade next offseason since Afflalo, Tolliver, and Barnes' contracts aren't guaranteed beyond this season.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2016, 09:57:31 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

Don't bet on the dantoni experiment failing.  For the first time since NYK in his first season pre Melo, and the Suns before that, he has a roster that actually fits his offense decently.  Harden Gordon Anderson dekker etc are going to let it fly.  Would work better w a legit PG but maybe harden effectively serves as such a lot.

No one should expect them to win a title, but top 5-6 seed and perhaps a second round experience, yes.

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2016, 09:58:04 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I don't how many more scenarios are going to be around.  There are only so many players in the league.  If it's not Cousins it's probably target Marc Gasol who doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Or we just build with what we have and target Hayward maybe and keep hoping for Anthony Davis someday which more than likely won't be happening.

Westbrook does not fit here with Isaiah.   Paul George isn't winning us a title and probably isn't leaving Indy.  Butler and Durant appear to be out.  Love doesn't do much for us. Not sure how much Griffin does either.

Okafor too isn't all that.  It was Durant. Now it's cousins or we just build with what we have.

There are NO OTHER PLAYERS that get us even remotely close to a title.  They don't exist.  We are better off just developing our young players.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:03:21 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2016, 10:03:26 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm tired of hearing these rumors. I want action not, talk. I'd prefer if the C's kept it quiet until something happens. Too many times I've been excited about a trade that was rumored only to have nothing happen.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2016, 10:03:50 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton

I just don't think Boogie is as available as some people want him to be. Sacramento just hired Joerger to coach, Ken Catanella to be assistant GM, and they signed a couple of vets (Afflalo, Barnes, Tolliver, Tmple) to short term deals. By the moves, I think they'll make one last push to build around Demarcus and revisit a trade next offseason since Afflalo, Tolliver, and Barnes' contracts aren't guaranteed beyond this season.

What you pointed out makes Sac look like sellers ... Signing a bunch of short term contracts with role players tells you its a non committed team.. They can easily ship those contracts out if necessary... This is a team that is stuck in no where land... they have to roll the dice... If they get a shot at the next 2 firsts rounds from the Celtics plus their own lottery picks then they at least will eventually get the fans and media excited...

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2016, 10:07:16 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's either Khris Middleton or Jimmy Butler
i doubt those guys have heard of Khris Middleton.

Are these the same clowns who claimed Danny was in touch with durant's people before free agency ?

Not buying this.

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2016, 10:08:15 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
This is it or we are just going to keep spinning our wheels and by the time we get Paul George, jaylen brown will be him.

LipEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.z is just reporting what he's heard.

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2016, 10:10:45 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Brook Lopez?  Amir, Jerebko, Rozier, filler and the Memphis and Clipper picks?

Mike

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2016, 10:12:04 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton

Mike

Do you really believe Brooklyn will trade with Boston in the next 10 years???
c'mon

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2016, 10:14:45 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 983
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Mike
Wow, feeling generous today?

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2016, 10:19:18 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 624
Can't be Griffin... That would be too awesome..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2016, 10:20:40 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
If we trade Crowder and Brown plus picks for Cousins, JErebko probably starts at SF with Marcus playing 3 positions per usual until we can get someone else.  It's doable.

Rozier and Hunter would get time then we go hard after Hayward.

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2016, 10:20:51 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Jazz: Rozier, Crowder, Mickey (i hope not), 2017 2nd round picks
To Celtics: Hayward

This is how the celts become better but maybe not good enough still to beat the cavs

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!

What you pointed out makes Sac look like sellers ... Signing a bunch of short term contracts with role players tells you its a non committed team.. They can easily ship those contracts out if necessary... This is a team that is stuck in no where land... they have to roll the dice... If they get a shot at the next 2 firsts rounds from the Celtics plus their own lottery picks then they at least will eventually get the fans and media excited...

Exactly. They've put pieces around him that might help the locker room situation but haven't committed longterm cap. With them moving into a new arena (because draft picks don't sell tickets), I don't think a trade happens until they have to do it and that won't be until next offseason.

To Jazz: Rozier, Crowder, Mickey (i hope not), 2017 2nd round picks
To Celtics: Hayward

This is how the celts become better but maybe not good enough still to beat the cavs

Utah's improved their roster quite a bit. I think they'll be a playoff team next season, so Hayward and Favors should be off the table.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman