Author Topic: Dan Lifshatz of 98.5 says C's gaining traction on large trade  (Read 69527 times)

Re: Dan Lifshatz of 98.5 says C's gaining traction on large trade
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 06:01:29 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
My guess is it's Boogie.  I'm also guessing Brown gets dealt and I'm not overly happy about that. Amir stays. Crowder and Brown go.  And we go after Hayward this coming offseason.

Or it's Kevin Love and we keep Brown and trade Crowder plus picks for him.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 06:12:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hayward is my guess

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 06:15:32 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Only other guys it could be are Westbrook or Paul George.  I don't think it is either.  Its Hayward, Boogie or Love. Davis would be the real shocker. I think the ship has sailed on Love too.  He and Horford wouldn't be the greatest defensive combination.

Hayward it's questionable whether he is better than Isaiah.  Probably not.  I like him better.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 06:20:04 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
He is the call screener for Felger and Mazz. He is hit and miss. He was all over the Horford stuff. He nailed that and he was all over the Durant stuff as well. He missed on some Red Sox stuff last year but maybe he is more tied in for the C's.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 06:21:22 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
They are usually pretty legit as far as reporting rumors and what we are trying to do. It's the only reason  I can stand watchng plus it's funny sometimes.

They do run with rumors that don't happen  a lot and I mean "a lot" though and give opinions on them that aren't necessarily accurate.

If he's saying it, there is probably something going on in other words, but whether it happens I'll believe when I see it, and who it actually is is anyone's guess.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:27:25 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 06:21:56 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Only other guys it could be are Westbrook or Paul George.  I don't think it is either.  Its Hayward, Boogie or Love. Davis would be the real shocker. I think the ship has sailed on Love too.  He and Horford wouldn't be the greatest defensive combination.
Davis could be had but that's every pick gone. Not that I mind. Brown would go, Rozier would go, Mickey would go. We'd have to take back a contract too. Maybe we have to give them Bradley and take on Evans. I'd still do it. Davis is a future MVP and would be a dynasty by himself in Boston.

Reality is that this guy probably thinks Gallo would be our best player and that's who we are targeting

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 06:30:46 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Davis could be had but that's every pick gone. Not that I mind. Brown would go, Rozier would go, Mickey would go. We'd have to take back a contract too. Maybe we have to give them Bradley and take on Evans. I'd still do it. Davis is a future MVP and would be a dynasty by himself in Boston.

Reality is that this guy probably thinks Gallo would be our best player and that's who we are targeting

I don't think he would be doing that about Gallo. If you watch that show it's someone major.  Felger would be laughing at anyone saying Gallo is our best player.

They are annoying to listen to because they hype up meaningless crap that never happens and trash everything that isn't a superstar pretty much.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:36:53 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 06:37:28 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Indiana just reloaded no way it's Paul George and there is no way New Orleans is trading Davis.

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 06:38:51 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
My guess is it's Boogie.  I'm also guessing Brown gets dealt and I'm not overly happy about that. Amir stays. Crowder and Brown go.  And we go after Hayward this coming offseason.

Or it's Kevin Love and we keep Brown and trade Crowder plus picks for him.

Boogie's my hope, but he's too controversial to claim that every fan would like him. Same for Love and Westbrook. I'm worried about the C's giving away too much re: their young guys just to go for the immediate big name otherwise. George? Hayward? Griffin? The Brow would be a shocker. Really too hard to believe.

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 06:40:23 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I actually never heard of Dan, how credible is he?

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 06:40:41 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Based on the "everyone will like him" comment I would rule out Cousins. Jimmy Butler maybe?

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 06:40:46 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
That's the thing with these guys is they would lick Westbrook and Griffin's nutsack and trash Marcus all day.  We aren't trading Isaiah though to my knowledge and I hope we don't trade Marcus.  It could be  Griffin but I more think we need a center.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 06:41:14 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Well, could be why Sully was dropped.

Only non-polarizing guys I could think of is George, Davis, Towns, Leonard. Durant as well but that was before his move to GSW.

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 06:42:48 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Indiana just reloaded no way it's Paul George and there is no way New Orleans is trading Davis.
Never say never. I agree that George is going nowhere, he never was. NO are no closer to building a contender than when Davis got there. For a team like that, offering them the chance to have 5 likely top-5 picks in the next 2 years (Brown, 2 Nets picks, their own picks) has got to be enticing. There has to be a fear that he'll want to leave whenever his contract ends and the longer these things drag on the offers don't seem to get better. I doubt they'll be panicking about it but I'm sure they'd listen.

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 06:57:37 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Not buying it for a second, this guy ever broke any news before?

umm just ripping through his tweets (he tweets a ton). Looks like he called Durant being between GSW and Boston with GSW being the favs. I don't know a ton about the guy but he is met with a lot less skepticism on twitter then your average "sources say" guy
I've never heard of him and I do live in the area. Also, a blind mouse could have called Durant that way.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."