Author Topic: Danny Ainge to be on WEEI at noon  (Read 12687 times)

Re: Danny Ainge to be on WEEI at noon
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2016, 01:59:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Danny Ainge: “If Jaylen turns out to be a bad pick, then I deserve to be booed, for sure, but give the kid a chance. … The reaction is stupid.”

I still dont understand who the fans wanted lol

Bender?  Dunn??

Force the bulls to give up butler but since he couldnt (fair deal) just booo him??

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2016, 02:12:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Danny Ainge: “If Jaylen turns out to be a bad pick, then I deserve to be booed, for sure, but give the kid a chance. … The reaction is stupid.”

I still dont understand who the fans wanted lol

Bender?  Dunn??

Force the bulls to give up butler but since he couldnt (fair deal) just booo him??
Butler, Noel, Durant, Dwight Howard, and the tooth fairy.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2016, 02:14:57 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Compare Browns freshman stats to some of the seniors we wanted to take (like hield) as freshman.  Brown as a freshman is far superior to hield as a freshman.  Who knows how good brown will be 3 years from now when he's an old man like Dunn and hield.

Glad we took a 19 year old with potential.  He also plays a position we will be able to use him in - especially if turner walks.

I think Brown takes Jerebko's minutes, not Turner. Smart and Rozier take Turner's minutes if he is gone.

More accurately, I think Smart and Rozier take Turner's minutes and Brown takes the "Smart at SF" minutes.

I still can't fathom not starting our #3 pick. Who cares about next season?

Only 1 guy in this draft who would have started on this team and he went #1. We are not a stripped down lotto team.

Crowder is front of this guy so he's going to have to earn his minutes. Good news is while Crowder is a nice player Brown has a legit shot of creeping his way into this lineup at some point this season.

No doubt in my mind this kid gets more minutes early next season then even Marcus Smart got. I don't know about you but that kind of excites me. We don't need him to be our savior today this is a solid team, let's see how this kid fits in. I think we'll be happy he flows with our up tempo offense. His D will get him on the court for some burn i.e. AB early career and the offense will just start coming to him.
ok fine

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398
Compare Browns freshman stats to some of the seniors we wanted to take (like hield) as freshman.  Brown as a freshman is far superior to hield as a freshman.  Who knows how good brown will be 3 years from now when he's an old man like Dunn and hield.

Glad we took a 19 year old with potential.  He also plays a position we will be able to use him in - especially if turner walks.

Nice post. No needless snark. Good job Larbrd.

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2016, 02:26:45 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Is there a podcast or some sort where I could listen to this interview? I completely missed the whole thing...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2016, 02:52:54 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I think Brown takes Jerebko's minutes, not Turner. Smart and Rozier take Turner's minutes if he is gone.

By mid season I expect Brown to be around 24 minutes per game. He should split minutes with Crowder at SF, and also pick up minutes at PF playing small.

What's cool is he can guard almost any position.

We could play

Smart
 Brown
 Crowder

And actually be big in the backcourt.

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2016, 02:55:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Is there a podcast or some sort where I could listen to this interview? I completely missed the whole thing...

Not up yet. Prob by mon

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2016, 02:57:36 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

It was short but sweet..
1. Any trades that reported were completely fabricated and nothing was close
2. Knew if he drafted Dunn he could still potentially get a deal done. However he didnt "want to get stuck with Dunn".
3. Going into FA hes not just going to throw money around (Barnes) but also he knows he has to spend money.. He will be very aggressive on all tiers.

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2016, 03:03:01 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
Also saying he will keep exploring the trade market, even before the start of FA. 'Back on it today'

Remind me again why I should attach any credibility to the above statement.

Back to handing out Tommy Points to the people who get it, and laughing at the Ainge apologists.

It's tough being right - about Danny Ainge's drafting ineptitude.
You don't believe Ainge was exploring the trade market last night?  Strange.

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2016, 03:06:53 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Also saying he will keep exploring the trade market, even before the start of FA. 'Back on it today'

Remind me again why I should attach any credibility to the above statement.

Back to handing out Tommy Points to the people who get it, and laughing at the Ainge apologists.

It's tough being right - about Danny Ainge's drafting ineptitude.
You don't believe Ainge was exploring the trade market last night?  Strange.
the ever unimpressed coach bo
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2016, 03:30:02 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
Danny just said that even very reliable sources aren't always right on the rumors. And that things were said by reliable reporters that were not there

There it is then. The reported offers where not accurate.

Isn't this illogical and inconsistent? Danny clearly has a motive for damage control right now. He's not any more reliable than any of the other beat writers or reporters that were reporting the trade offers, yet the Noel trade was never rebuffed by any source.
you are really reaching here jb33.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2016, 03:55:21 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

More accurately, I think Smart and Rozier take Turner's minutes and Brown takes the "Smart at SF" minutes.

Only 1 guy in this draft who would have started on this team and he went #1. We are not a stripped down lotto team.

Crowder is front of this guy so he's going to have to earn his minutes. Good news is while Crowder is a nice player Brown has a legit shot of creeping his way into this lineup at some point this season.

No doubt in my mind this kid gets more minutes early next season then even Marcus Smart got. I don't know about you but that kind of excites me. We don't need him to be our savior today this is a solid team, let's see how this kid fits in. I think we'll be happy he flows with our up tempo offense. His D will get him on the court for some burn i.e. AB early career and the offense will just start coming to him.

I think we were an overachieving team with a great coach and a 5'8 inch all star in a very bad conference. Honestly, we are not much better maybe a little worse, talent wise, than some of the lotto teams. 
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2016, 03:56:39 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 445
I think we were an overachieving team with a great coach and a 5'8 inch all star in a very bad conference. Honestly, we are not much better maybe a little worse, talent wise, than some of the lotto teams.

Ditto

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2016, 04:01:36 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Still think they're an overachieving team? Sigh

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2016, 04:04:19 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Danny just said that even very reliable sources aren't always right on the rumors. And that things were said by reliable reporters that were not there

There it is then. The reported offers where not accurate.

Isn't this illogical and inconsistent? Danny clearly has a motive for damage control right now. He's not any more reliable than any of the other beat writers or reporters that were reporting the trade offers, yet the Noel trade was never rebuffed by any source.
Here is where critical thinking has to come into play.  As mentioned on another post, DA said some of the reported trades would have been no brainers.  And I completely agree wit that.  So either you choose to believe that DA has no brains and that he is lying right now as damage control OR that the deals were inaccurate. 

So which is more likely?  To me it's pretty obvious. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:12:41 PM by droopdog7 »