Author Topic: Jamal Murray - Chad Ford got Cs taking him  (Read 5091 times)

Re: Jamal Murray - Chad Ford got Cs taking him
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 03:57:30 PM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I keep reading that next year's draft is deep.

We could trade pick 3 to the Kings for their pick and next year's pick if they own it.

We could grab Brown at number 8 and get the Kings 2017 first.
ok, but why would sacramento make this trade?
Why not? Move up from 8 to 3 and get Hield. They are in a win now mode but they will most likely stink it up again next year.

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 04:10:17 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
1 Simmons
2 Ingram
3 Murray
4 Bender

imo
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
For the group after the top two, Murray might be the best of the next group(Hield, Bender, Murray, Brown, Dunn). But if the C's don't get a top two pick, they should trade it with as many players and picks as they can to land a star player. This team needs an upgrade at every position except PG. They don't need to develop non superstar potential any more than what thy already have on this roster.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 04:37:10 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
For the group after the top two, Murray might be the best of the next group(Hield, Bender, Murray, Brown, Dunn). But if the C's don't get a top two pick, they should trade it with as many players and picks as they can to land a star player. This team needs an upgrade at every position except PG. They don't need to develop non superstar potential any more than what thy already have on this roster.

Cosign.

Don't need eight draft picks. Ainge will be more effective trading them than using them.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 05:33:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Below average lift
39.5 vertical is now below average?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 05:36:52 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 751
If Philly takes Simmons they should move Noel for Smart. Then Murray would make sense for C's. Murray is a lot more offense than Smart so he makes for a good back up to AB. Also with Turner who will probably be gone via FA you need more shot creators from the bench. Murray was a good shot creator at college level. So it all depends on those two factors for me. A depth chart with Noel and Murray;
PG=IT/Rozier/___
SG=AB/Murray/___
SF=Jae/Hunter/___
PF=KO/Mickey/___
C=Noel/AJ/___

You then still have all the other picks and FA to add to the roster.
I still want to hang on to Smart and see how far we can develop him but this is exactly the type of deal that's going to have to happen. Drafting Murray would mean moving either Smart or Brady, I would imagine. Or maybe it just makes Evan Turner expendable and our backup backcourt becomes Smart/Murray.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 06:12:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Below average lift
Smart has good two footed explosion. But he struggles off one leg.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 07:09:39 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
Murray as a pro prospect is a tough read for me. His game reminds me a bit of Harden except his he a lot smaller then harden. I had little doubt that he will be able to score in the NBA I just worry that he is going to be best suited as an elite 6th man type scoring wing. Not a role you want to be drafting with the 3rd pick. 7-14 I live his prospects but in the top half of the lottery I would rather see a player drafted who projects as a better 2 way player with average to above average positional size.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 10:17:52 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 961

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 12:35:40 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Chad Ford had us selecting Murray at 4 and now that we are the third pick, he still has us selecting Murray.

Here is my case against this:

Lacks quickness for a guard
Below average lift
Average defender
Undersized 2 guard

He kind of reminds me of Devin Booker with a better handle but I think Booker has more length and lift. I feel like Murray would had gone after the top 11 of last year's draft. Around the same pick for Booker. So either Chad Ford has Murray way over rated, the draft is just that weak this year or I'm seriously under rating Murray.

So please make a case for Murray and why he would be a good 3rd pick in the draft.

Booker is a good comp for him. Below-average defender, average athlete, awesome shooter. Murray isn't quiiiite the shooter that Booker is (but he's still extremely accurate). He looks a bit more athletic than Booker, to me. But he has a much more advance handle, ability to create his own shot + to create for others. He's crafty, lots of change of speed + direction moves, etc.

A big question mark over Murray is his measurements; he measured 6'5 and then later 6'3 without shoes, which is really odd. His wingspan measurement has also ranged between 6'6.5 and 6'8, and his reach ranged between 8'4.5 and 8'1 (!). I'm a lot higher on him if he's 6'5+shoes with a 6'8 wingspan and 8'4.5 reach than if he's 6'3+shoes/ 6'6.5/ 8'1.

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 12:40:50 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 384
if Danny Ainge WASTES another pick on some Guard---I will lose my freaking mind-!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 12:52:20 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
With that being said, if we don't get 1 or 2, this thing is getting traded.

I think it's just as likely to be traded if it's 1 or 2. Would just mean less pieces alongside it

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 01:16:22 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
What is silly about these mock drafts is that there is a less than 50% change we end up with the #4 pick.

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 01:33:48 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
if Danny Ainge WASTES another pick on some Guard---I will lose my freaking mind-!

Got to go BPA this high. If DA thinks it's Murray so be it. Besides, who knows who's getting traded this off-season

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
[quote author=kozlodoev link=topic=83934.msg2067830#msg2067830 date=1460842

it is amazing what doing a bit of actual research prior to posting can do to a post.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva