Author Topic: The official 2015-2016 Philadelphia 76er second round draft pick watch thread  (Read 895 times)

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 287
I hope you guys will indulge me on this, but if Philly keeps tanking and ends up with the worst record in the NBA, the Celtics will have the top pick in the second round.  In other words, another first round pick. Danny just has to sit there with a catcher's mitt and draft the best player that didn't go in the first round. As you all know, we used the Philly pick last year to draft Jordan Mickey. So this might get interesting.  Thoughts?

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
There is no way this pick doesn't end up at 31, so there's no reason to watch for it.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This pick is awesome. Way more desirable than a late first rounder and we don't have to worry about luck (or a lack thereof) in a lotttery.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:55:58 PM by max215 »
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This pick is awesome. Way more desirable than a late first rounder and we don't to worry about luck (or a lack thereof) in the lotttery.

This pick is great, but a 1st rounder is better.  We've got RJ Hunter signed to a better contract than Jordan Mickey because Mickey had negotiating leverage, whereas Hunter had to take the rookie scale deal.  The same will be true of this pick.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Great pick.  I'd love Taurean Prince or Troy Williams on a second rounder contract. 

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 287
There is no way this pick doesn't end up at 31, so there's no reason to watch for it.

You are correct of course.  But with all of these "official watch" threads I thought I'd have a little fun with one of my obsessions.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Don't sleep on the Lakers, with a couple rotation guards coming back to Philly and the spirit of the tank strong in LA they could pull it off.  Philly hasn't had the worst overall record yet.