Author Topic: (Rumors) Should the C’s trade for Thaddeus Young or Brook Lopez?  (Read 7777 times)

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
NBA Trade Rumors: Brooklyn Nets to send Thaddeus Young to Boston Celtics?

NBA Trade Rumors: Brooklyn Nets to Trade Brook Lopez to Boston Celtics in Exchange of Young Talent
http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/56262/20151127/nba-trade-rumors-brooklyn-nets-to-trade-brook-lopez-to-boston-celtics-in-exchange-of-young-talent.htm

(…) if the Celtics are willing to give up one of the 1st round draft picks they currently possess, then the Nets would surely jump at the opportunity to trade Thaddeus Young. (…)
(…) the Celtics (…) would probably also be tempted into making this trade because it ensures that the Nets are thinking rebuild. Which means that the Nets' pick that they own becomes a lot more valuable. (…)

So what about the following trades?

Lee + Zeller + pick(s) for Lopez

Jerebko, Kelly, Rozier for Thaddeus Young
or perhaps Amir and a late first/Sixers second rounder for Thaddeus Young

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:53:43 AM by Jvalin »

Re: (Rumors) Should the C’s trade for Thaddeus Young or Brook Lopez?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Anthony Riccobono for the International Business Times (via sportsblog.com), now that's a source I really trust.

Why are we wasting time with garbage rumours about stuff that's not going to happen?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 11:50:43 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

NBA Trade Rumors: Brooklyn Nets to Trade Brook Lopez to Boston Celtics in Exchange of Young Talent

(…) if the Celtics are willing to give up one of the 1st round draft picks they currently possess, then the Nets would surely jump at the opportunity to trade Thaddeus Young. (…)
(…) the Celtics (…) would probably also be tempted into making this trade because it ensures that the Nets are thinking rebuild. Which means that the Nets' pick that they own becomes a lot more valuable. (…)

I'm meh about this...how long does Brook have left on his contract?

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 11:54:45 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1648
  • What a Pub Should Be

2 more years after this season. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 11:57:01 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

2015/16    $19,689,000
2016/17    $21,165,675
2017/18    $22,642,350

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 12:00:15 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
While we're on the topic of garbage rumor-mill sites, I thought this was a little funny: the Pistons' main blog trashing one of the main transgressors (you know who) for some awful, awful stuff.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2015/12/8/9870080/pistons-trade-rumors-nba-new-kyle-singler-memphis-grizzlies
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 12:01:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Seriously, can we stop posting "rumors" from non-sports clickbait sites?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:31:22 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 12:03:27 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Lopez is a guy who has averaged 8 rpg for his career despite having the standing reach of Shaq. He also hasn't played 75 games since 2011. If you think Ainge will surrender assets AND tie up 20+ millions in cap space for him... you're probably writing for a clickbait site.  8)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Lopez is a guy who has averaged 8 rpg for his career despite having the standing reach of Shaq. He also hasn't played 75 games since 2011. If you think Ainge will surrender assets AND tie up 20+ millions in cap space for him... you're probably writing for a clickbait site8)

Link please... :) ;) :D ;D :laugh:

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 12:18:29 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Lopez is a guy who has averaged 8 rpg for his career despite having the standing reach of Shaq. He also hasn't played 75 games since 2011. If you think Ainge will surrender assets AND tie up 20+ millions in cap space for him... you're probably writing for a clickbait site.  8)
He is also averaging 18 points/game for his career. His stats for this season are 20.2 points, 8 rebounds, 2.3 blocks per 34.3 minutes.

The thing is that if we trade for Brook or Young, the Nets pick becomes a lot more valuable.

Brook for Lee, Zeller and future pick(s) makes the Nets a far worse team than they are right now. After all, Brook and Young are the best players on their current roster.

Why are we wasting time with garbage rumours about stuff that's not going to happen?
Because it's fun! :P Come on, everybody loves the trade season!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:34:54 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
He is also averaging 18 points/game for his career. His stats for this season are 20.2 points, 8 rebounds, 2.3 blocks per 34.3 minutes.

The thing is that if we trade for Brook or Young, the Nets pick becomes a lot more valuable.

Brook for Lee, Zeller and future pick(s) makes the Nets a far worse team than they are right now. After all, Brook and Young are the best players on their current roster.
To add to what you wrote. I don't think Lopez gets enough credit for how he prevents guards from scoring at the rim. He might only have 2.5 or so blocks a game, but he alters and forces opponents into taking a ton of bad looking drives to the hoop.

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 12:37:12 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Because it's fun! :P Come on, everybody loves the trade season!
Koz is the Scrooge of the site

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 12:40:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Koz is the Scrooge of the site
You mean Grinch? Everyone knows that the Grinch is more active around Christmas.  8)

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 12:49:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Brook Lopez would be a terrible fit for this Celtics team. He is a slow, unathletic black hole. I've never been a fan of his game and don't want him to be part of this Celtics team, especially with his horrid contract.

I've also never been too high on Thad Young. Love how this great source lists Thad as filling in for the lack of offense amongst Amir and David Lee...Uh what? Last I checked Thad Young has never really been an offensive juggernaut. He is having a decent stats season on a bad team this year averaging 16 and 9...But he has only averaged 6+ rebounds a game once in his career...That's pretty dismal for a young power forward. He's young and athletic but not particularly good at offense, in my eyes he's around the jeff green level of defense as he is strong and athletic so he can body some guys up, but he can't space the floor at all.

I say no to both of these trades. Use a first round pick on a package that will actually help the needle move up as opposed to moving it laterally.

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Brook Lopez would be a terrible fit for this Celtics team. He is a slow, unathletic black hole. I've never been a fan of his game and don't want him to be part of this Celtics team, especially with his horrid contract.

I've also never been too high on Thad Young. Love how this great source lists Thad as filling in for the lack of offense amongst Amir and David Lee...Uh what? Last I checked Thad Young has never really been an offensive juggernaut. He is having a decent stats season on a bad team this year averaging 16 and 9...But he has only averaged 6+ rebounds a game once in his career...That's pretty dismal for a young power forward. He's young and athletic but not particularly good at offense, in my eyes he's around the jeff green level of defense as he is strong and athletic so he can body some guys up, but he can't space the floor at all.

I say no to both of these trades. Use a first round pick on a package that will actually help the needle move up as opposed to moving it laterally.
Thad Young is Jeff Green without the ability to guard small. Not what we need right now.