Author Topic: Jordan Mickey officially signs a four-year, $5M deal with the Boston Celtics  (Read 12904 times)

Re: Jordan Mickey agrees to a four-year, $5M deal with the Boston Celtics
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 12:51:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
that was a quick long term deal for a rookie...he must have impressed Danny a lot

Not necessarily. I'm not sure if we have had four year contract before for a 2nd rounder, but a 3-year deal has been the modus operandi for Ainge for any 2nd rounder he envisions taking a roster spot for us.

Few exceptions that I recall, like Glen Davis who preferred a two year deal if not mistaken (or maybe we didn't have enough of the MLE to make it happen beyond 2 years, I don't recall).

But this doesn't negate that I DO think Ainge liked what he's seen from him so far.

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 12:58:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If it's really 4 years, $5 million (as opposed to a little rounding), Mickey will be paid more than RJ Hunter over each of the first three years of the deal (about $25k per year). Hunter would make more in year four to be paid more for the life of the deal, but that's pretty interesting.

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 01:01:49 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
If it's really 4 years, $5 million (as opposed to a little rounding), Mickey will be paid more than RJ Hunter over each of the first three years of the deal (about $25k per year). Hunter would make more in year four to be paid more for the life of the deal, but that's pretty interesting.

What numbers do you have for the first two years of each player?

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 01:06:33 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Assuming $5 million with 4.5% raises for Mickey, and 120% of slot value for Hunter:

Mickey 2015: $1,170,960
Mickey 2016: $1,223,653

Hunter 2015: $1,148,640
Hunter 2016: $1,200,240

Note that if in fact Mickey is getting the same as Hunter in year one, the deal would be a shade over $4.9 million for four years, which is why I'm wondering if rounding is in effect.

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 01:07:24 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
that was a quick long term deal for a rookie...he must have impressed Danny a lot

Not necessarily. I'm not sure if we have had four year contract before for a 2nd rounder, but a 3-year deal has been the modus operandi for Ainge for any 2nd rounder he envisions taking a roster spot for us.

Few exceptions that I recall, like Glen Davis who preferred a two year deal if not mistaken (or maybe we didn't have enough of the MLE to make it happen beyond 2 years, I don't recall).

But this doesn't negate that I DO think Ainge liked what he's seen from him so far.

I like what I've seen so far ;)

rebounds, has a nice shot, and plays defense decently during the summer league...I hope he grows 2 more inches though lol

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 01:09:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Assuming $5 million with 4.5% raises for Mickey, and 120% of slot value for Hunter:

Mickey 2015: $1,170,960
Mickey 2016: $1,223,653

Hunter 2015: $1,148,640
Hunter 2016: $1,200,240

Note that if in fact Mickey is getting the same as Hunter in year one, the deal would be a shade over $4.9 million for four years, which is why I'm wondering if rounding is in effect.

OK, I have the same for Hunter, that's what I wanted to confirm... I've never gone through the trouble of calculating rookie deals, so wanted to confirm.

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 01:10:46 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Great news. Mickey looks like a keeper.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 01:26:53 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
Great deal for both parties.

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 01:27:18 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
Nothing is signed yet, that's what they offered him.

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 01:28:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

What is being announced is not an offer, but an agreement... similar like what we have with Crowder for example, but isn't finalized.

Not the same thing you're saying.

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 01:30:16 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Important date to look into, is what happens in the 3rd season. Will a longer deal be negotiated (make him a restricted free-agent) or go through until the fourth year, which would make him an unrestricted free-agent afterwards.

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 01:30:28 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14

What is being announced is not an offer, but an agreement... similar like what we have with Crowder for example, but isn't finalized.

Not the same thing you're saying.

Alright, cause was trying to find the signing and couldn't yet.  All I could find was this as the offer but not accepted.  Thanks for the conformation.

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Important date to look into, is what happens in the 3rd season. Will a longer deal be negotiated (make him a restricted free-agent) or go through until the fourth year, which would make him an unrestricted free-agent afterwards.

It will be doubly interesting because there might be a new CBA by this time.

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 01:33:40 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

It will be doubly interesting because there might be a new CBA by this time.

Oh, that's correct. That'll be interesting.

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 01:42:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Even after the 4th year, wouldnt he be a rfa??