Author Topic: Celtics (0-2) vs Spurs (1-1) Jazz SL Game 3 7/9/15  (Read 56638 times)

Re: Celtics (0-2) vs Spurs (1-1) Jazz SL Game 3 7/9/15
« Reply #315 on: July 09, 2015, 08:46:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
Smart said the game slowed up for him this year. Its clear, he is the man and future captain.

Would be nice to see the same happen for KO

« Reply #316 on: July 09, 2015, 08:47:13 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Fun game, Smart is a special player.

Smart has to play like tonight consistently.  Spurs have a pretty weak backcourt.   A better test was against Exum. That was a tough matchup for both guys.

And Smart looked pretty great then too. I can't wait to see what he does next year, I've always had high hopes for him.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #317 on: July 09, 2015, 08:48:15 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Hunter in one game has moved ahead of young on the depth chart

Hunter wasn't hitting shots ....he was playing like he understood what was going on .....he was engaged

Hunter is way way way ahead of Young in ever way .......handling, passing , defense , and shooting it appears .   James was gifted a smooth shot ,  but his overall game sucks

He's also older than Young. I don't know if Young will play meaningful minutes in the NBA but I am willing to be patient.

« Reply #318 on: July 09, 2015, 08:48:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991

Celtics need Nerlins to help him.

« Reply #319 on: July 09, 2015, 08:48:37 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
If we get a legit big to set up screens Rozer is going to tear teams apart.

Sully not big enough for you?  :D

« Reply #320 on: July 09, 2015, 08:48:39 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Here's that Smart block to watch, again and again

https://vine.co/v/evBAdIgXFiF
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #321 on: July 09, 2015, 08:50:29 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 449
Such a good game. Smart is a beast in all phases of the game. How about the left handed block of a layup. The two lobs for dunks. Taking charges. Passing great and yes the 3 ball on target.

Hunter finally came through with some open shots and made them - looked pretty good on help defense and he can hit free throws with ease.

Rozier is unbelievably fast and has a great first step and the drives to the left are real sweet.

Mickey was rebounding good tonight. I saw him take and make the open 18 footer - nothing but net. He does have upside.

Very happy about this game.

« Reply #322 on: July 09, 2015, 08:51:26 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Celtics need Nerlins to help him.

I hope so, that would be a defensive powerhouse of a team.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #323 on: July 09, 2015, 08:52:19 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Hunter wasn't hitting shots ....he was playing like he understood what was going on .....he was engaged

Hunter is way way way ahead of Young in ever way .......handling, passing , defense , and shooting it appears .   James was gifted a smooth shot ,  but his overall game sucks

He's also older than Young. I don't know if Young will play meaningful minutes in the NBA but I am willing to be patient.

Yeah same thing. if in 1-2 years he doesnt show anything, then I can panic.

« Reply #324 on: July 09, 2015, 08:57:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Young is in trouble. Hunter tonight looked better than Young in his first 2 SL games.  Just making the ability to make the open 3 all day , all night has made propelled Hunter over Young

Young right now would be a throw in , in a trade vs a promising piece

« Reply #325 on: July 09, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »

Online cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 451

Age is not an excuse.  Either you have it or you don't.  Jeff green has the same offensive skill set as young.  Can't dribble, can't create his own shot.  Inconsistent Spot up shooter.  Greens advantage was his athleticsm which again is somethin you do or do not have.

« Reply #326 on: July 09, 2015, 08:57:54 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
Such a good game. Smart is a beast in all phases of the game. How about the left handed block of a layup. The two lobs for dunks. Taking charges. Passing great and yes the 3 ball on target.

Hunter finally came through with some open shots and made them - looked pretty good on help defense and he can hit free throws with ease.

Rozier is unbelievably fast and has a great first step and the drives to the left are real sweet.

Mickey was rebounding good tonight. I saw him take and make the open 18 footer - nothing but net. He does have upside.

I think Smart and Rozier can play off each other. Just need more time together and be more consistent on their shots.

« Reply #327 on: July 09, 2015, 08:58:11 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

Yeah same thing. if in 1-2 years he doesnt show anything, then I can panic.
In two years youngs contract is up.  It's pretty much this year he has to show enough to keep around past rookie contract or he's gone.  Anyone think next years draft singe won't add another swing prospect ?

« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2015, 09:03:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I think Smart and Rozier can play off each other. Just need more time together and be more consistent on their shots.

Dreaming of

Smart and Rozier starting backcourt 
IT and Hunter off the bench

« Reply #329 on: July 09, 2015, 09:09:48 PM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
Something I didn't expect from Smart, his three point shot looks much better.

When he came off that curl, squared up and shot the three it looked very much in control and textbook.