Poll

How important is a "rim protector" on today's NBA to win a Championship?

Very Important - Impossible to win a Championship without one
5 (62.5%)
Somewhat Important - One of the priorities, but not THE priority
2 (25%)
Not all that important - Minimal effort to get one...if any effort at all.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Poll: Championship - How important is a "rim protector" in today's NBA?  (Read 358 times)

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

After watching GS winning the finals, It was clear to me how much the NBA game has changed - mainly because of the use of the 3pt line and rules against checking guards, etc....

Big rim protectos don't carry as much wait as they used to....in my opinion. 

...what do you think?

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
GS needed Bogut to get to the Finals, and would have needed him had they played the Bulls, the Hawks, or the Wizards.

The fact that the Cavaliers weren't able to field one above-average big (or more than one player capable of driving to the basket) in the Finals does not mean very much in that light.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Seems to me that pretty much every champion had a top tier big... and if they didn't have a star-caliber big on their roster, at the very least they had a rim protector like Bogut or Chandler.

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

So, would you break the bank for say....Deandre Jordan? How far are you willing to go for a rim protector?

Would you rather(not that this is possible):

LaMarcus Aldridge + current squad

or

Deandre Jordan + current squad