Author Topic: The King that never commits a foul...  (Read 8055 times)

The King that never commits a foul...
« on: May 08, 2015, 11:07:33 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I was watching game 3 of the Cavs and Bulls playoff series, what a joke.

If the refs are never going to call a foul on LaBron, and just let him hard foul opposing players at critical parts of the game, lets just stop the playoff now, and give him the championship so we don't have to watch him cry like a baby.

He just mugged Jimmy Butler with 40 seconds to go in a tie game, everyone in the arena knew it was a blatant hack, and he got no foul called on him. The NBA refs should be ashamed of themselves.

Fate jumped in and Rose hit a 3 to win it with a few seconds remaining.

Sorry, I've grown to just hate this spoiled cry baby.

... I feel better now.

Re: The King that never commits a foul...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 11:10:28 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
With you all the way

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 11:17:49 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Agreed. He got away with no fewer than 3 fouls tonight that 449 other NBA players would have been called for. Its really frustrating to watch.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 11:19:06 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Lebron once went FIVE GAMES without having a single foul called on him.

He really is the worst thing that ever happened to the NBA.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 11:22:02 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That one at the end was crazy.

In fairness, though, the refs had swallowed their whistles all game long, for both teams. There was a lot of contact all night.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 11:26:53 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 196
I logged into this blog forum with the intention of starting a conversation on exactly this topic, and was pleasantly surprised that someone beat me to it.

I routinely shout at my TV watching Lebron play. The physicality with which he's allowed to play defense is just dumbfounding. Likewise, sometimes it feels like his defender is barely allowed to breathe on him without the whistle being blown. But tonight brought this to another level.

The two calls down the stretch of the game that you mentioned were just unbelievable. But also, don't forget Lebron bowling over Rose only for that to be called a block, which I think was toward the end of the 1st half. There were also a couple of phantom fouls called on Butler defending Lebron.

Credit Van Gundy and Jackson tonight. They didn't hold back on calling it like it is. You could really sense they were feeling some of the same exasperation at the officials.

One thing we commonly hear is that superstars have always gotten the calls. There's no debating that. I remember this topic being brought up in the 90s with Jordan. I was just a kid in the 80s, so I can't remember what it was like for Bird, though I'm sure he got the star treatment as well. But all I can say is that I have never seen something quite like this.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 11:29:22 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Thank God for Kelly Olynyk.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 11:34:24 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
Posted this earlier tonight in the playoffs thread:

Just tuned in to the Chicago-Cleveland game (early in the third), and I'm amazed at the crazy stuff happening.

First, Rose took his first FTs of the series, and Mike Breen said that officials told Rose that Rose was initiating all the contact on his drives and that's why Rose hadn't been getting any calls. To which I thought, "Wait, that's what LeBron does, all the time, and he almost always gets the calls."

Then Noah's called for a foul when LeBron takes the ball right into Noah's chest—not only was LeBron initiating the contact, but there was literally nothing that Noah could do, nowhere he could go.

Then, after LeBron was rightly given a T, they refs T up Noah for clapping and saying something like, "Good job." Double technicals are stupid.

Several people here have rightly mentioned the noncall on James near the end, but let's not forget the noncall when he hit Butler in the head on a 3 attempt.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 11:49:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
Posted this earlier tonight in the playoffs thread:

Just tuned in to the Chicago-Cleveland game (early in the third), and I'm amazed at the crazy stuff happening.

First, Rose took his first FTs of the series, and Mike Breen said that officials told Rose that Rose was initiating all the contact on his drives and that's why Rose hadn't been getting any calls. To which I thought, "Wait, that's what LeBron does, all the time, and he almost always gets the calls."

Then Noah's called for a foul when LeBron takes the ball right into Noah's chest—not only was LeBron initiating the contact, but there was literally nothing that Noah could do, nowhere he could go.

Then, after LeBron was rightly given a T, they refs T up Noah for clapping and saying something like, "Good job." Double technicals are stupid.

Several people here have rightly mentioned the noncall on James near the end, but let's not forget the noncall when he hit Butler in the head on a 3 attempt.

That's amazing with the Rose stuff. Virtually every star perimeter player does the exact same thing with initiating contact, yet since it's against "the King" they actually call it different. Ridiculous. When you're not a fan of Lebron it's virtually impossible to watch him without feeling disgusted. All stars get star treatment, but his just goes so far beyond that it's hard to stomach.

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 11:53:02 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Irving steps out of bounds.

Some of the stuff the refs missed today...

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 12:37:37 AM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2186
Irving steps out of bounds.

Some of the stuff the refs missed today...

Seriously, I was yelling at my TV after that one.  The ref is standing RIGHT THERE.

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 12:48:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If the refs are never going to call a foul on LaBron

Always has had a set of rules just for him.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 04:26:41 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
If the refs are never going to call a foul on LaBron

Always has had a set of rules just for him.

Just like Michael Jordan, they both were the next greatest thing before they entered the League.

And yes, watching LeBaby is disgusting, he has the nerve to complain to the refs even when he's getting all the calls.

I don't like the Bulls at all, but I hope they beat the LeBrons.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 07:02:37 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
Yup ...every series he is in .....that matters ......every ticky tacky foul is call if you touch him , every close call goes his way ......it's every bit as bad as the MJ era .

It's so fake or blatant favoritism on the part of the refs ...aka the NBA ......when the NBA allows a player to run rampant ..like a bull ......I mean .....what is the NBA doing .....anybody over 10 years old can see the one side bias the refs are doing ....obviously on purpose

This is disgusting , so I turned it off,   The NBA is at fault ,not LeBron ....it's professional wrestling ......brings down the sport

They ll call him for some reg season games ,  but he gets away with murder in the play offs.

If he fouls out , he fouls out ,,I don't care ....I want equal officiating ......I don't care who is playing .....the game sucks ...if it is obvious one teams player is getting special treatment.

I really don't car if he fouls out in the first 10 minutes ,  which he would , if the game was officiated equal .
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:07:59 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 07:53:25 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I love the technical foul. He got one, had a talk with the refs, so they gave Noah one too.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird