Author Topic: Isn't Boston a front runner to land Love if he leaves the Cavs ?  (Read 15951 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Teams with cap space

Phi( they are in a total rebuild , he's not going there )

SAS( Could be a possibility, no state tax and another very good young player in Leonard)

Orlando ( Don't see him going there, though they do have no state tax)

NYK ( Unless they can add another major talent , Melo will be worse to deal with than Lebron)

Bos ( Love has already visited Boston, we have tons of assets to build around him if he wants
to   be the go to guy )

LAL( Have a few chips with randle and 2015 lottery pick, not much else)

Por = Have Aldridge

Dal =  Dirk already there

I say we have as good of a shot as anyone of landing Love if he leaves Cle . He has already been benched in the 4th quarter 4 times this season and he doesn't seem to like Lebron who is the coach in reality .

I know others have mentioned it already, but I think Love is going to land in Boston somehow . Probably a sully and pick trade .

PG: Smart      / Thomas
SG: Bradley    / Young
SF: Turner      / Crowder
PF: Love        / KO
 C: WCS        / Zellar

Easily a top 5 team in the east IMO with mostly all our picks left to add to that team .

Re: Isn't Boston a front runner to land Love if he leaves the Cavs ?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 12:39:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So, the big question is, do we want to build around a guy who seemingly cares more about putting up empty stats than he does winning?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 12:44:43 PM »

Offline C-Green

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
I don't want him on a max deal. He just doesn't seem to be a team player...

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:49:33 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2743
So, the big question is, do we want to build around a guy who seemingly cares more about putting up empty stats than he does winning?

Apparently we did last summer. I wonder how much this season has changed Ainge's interest in him. Either way, I still think the Lakers are the front runner for him this summer.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 12:49:49 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

Who says he doesn't care about winning? Shaq was a winner, he and Kobe didn't get along thus ultimately leading to him leaving. Very similar situation Shaq forced his way out of a winning team because he didn't like playing with Kobe. Love leaving because he doesn't like playing with LeBron instantly makes him someone that doesn't care about winning?

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 12:56:39 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The Celtics were in play at the time because of players like Rondo and to a small effect, Green.

The Celtics do not have those type of vets now that can create the necessary draw.  I think if Love was to come to Boston, there has to be another shoe involved coming to Boston that Love wants to play with.

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 01:05:31 PM »

Offline LHR

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Executive Producer & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
I know when I spoke to Jackie Mac she stated that she believes Love is staying, however a lot of people in an around NBA circles are pointing towards Love winding up with the Lakers with Rondo.  And Rondo taking a discounted deal as well.  LA may try a sign and trade as well with Julius Randle involved.  This would also save the Lakers another max slot for 2016.  Draw your on conclusions from there.
Author: Fall of the Boston Celtics
Available Here: http://www.clnsradio/LHRbook

EP & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
Available here: http://apple.co/1E29sq0

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 01:08:23 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2993
Depends on if we make the playoffs, how we perform in them, and what happens with draft/trades before then.

I think we have a good chance to persuade him to sign a one year max with us before the big cap jump, but I still put his hometown Lakers ahead of us a bit.

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 01:10:46 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2993
I know when I spoke to Jackie Mac she stated that she believes Love is staying, however a lot of people in an around NBA circles are pointing towards Love winding up with the Lakers with Rondo.  And Rondo taking a discounted deal as well.  LA may try a sign and trade as well with Julius Randle involved.  This would also save the Lakers another max slot for 2016.  Draw your on conclusions from there.

I just don't see that potential team working out on the court. Too much ego, too much ball dominance, not enough defense.

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 01:12:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The Celtics were in play at the time because of players like Rondo and to a small effect, Green.

The Celtics do not have those type of vets now that can create the necessary draw.  I think if Love was to come to Boston, there has to be another shoe involved coming to Boston that Love wants to play with.

If Love were to sign as a free agent, thus not costing us anything but cap space to sign, the Celtics absolutely would have the assets to acquire a second veteran, using Wallace's contract as the primary salary mechanism, and draft picks and young players (one of Sully and Olynyk being the most obvious on a team with Love) to provide the value.  I mean, yes, those moves would have to happen in tandem, but it's not a stretch to think Love could give the C's a day to find that other star, if his other viable option is LA.

Personally, I see Love waiting until 2016.  Bigger salary and doesn't look as bad from a PR perspective.

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 01:13:13 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2743

I just don't see that potential team working out on the court. Too much ego, too much ball dominance, not enough defense.

Unless they save that additional max slot by trading for Love instead of singing him, and getting Rondo for cheap, opening up a slot for a guy like Marc Gasol or Jimmy Butler.

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 01:18:12 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

A lot of people in NBA circles apparently don't understand how the salary cap works if your statement is true..  Lakers will have about $24 million in salary to split between Love and Rondo.  If Love gets his $19 million, this leaves $5 million for Rondo.  There's discount, and then there's that.  Not happening.

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 01:18:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
I find it hard to see K-Love leaving Cleveland in order to go back to a team in a similar situation as his old T'Wolves teams.

If a good team stepped in and made him an offer, I can see him leaving.
A lottery team? A borderline playoff team? I struggle with that one.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 01:22:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Who says he doesn't care about winning? Shaq was a winner, he and Kobe didn't get along thus ultimately leading to him leaving. Very similar situation Shaq forced his way out of a winning team because he didn't like playing with Kobe. Love leaving because he doesn't like playing with LeBron instantly makes him someone that doesn't care about winning?

It's not just not liking to play with Lebron, although he seems to be almost unprecedented in that regard.  Unlike Kobe, guys love playing with Lebron; I can't remember another player saying anything bad about him.

But, it goes beyond that.  Love has been known to be prickly.  He alienated his teammates in Minnesota, too, and hasn't made an attempt to fit in in Cleveland, according to reports.  On the court, he's played basically zero defense, and just isn't showing effort.

I don't want a whiny, one-way crybaby on my team, and it's looking more and more like that's who Kevin Love is.  I definitely wanted him over the summer, but he hasn't done himself any favors.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 01:24:18 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

It's not just not liking to play with Lebron, although he seems to be almost unprecedented in that regard.  Unlike Kobe, guys love playing with Lebron; I can't remember another player saying anything bad about him.

But, it goes beyond that.  Love has been known to be prickly.  He alienated his teammates in Minnesota, too, and hasn't made an attempt to fit in in Cleveland, according to reports. On the court, he's played basically zero defense, and just isn't showing effort.

I don't want a whiny, one-way crybaby on my team, and it's looking more and more like that's who Kevin Love is
.  I definitely wanted him over the summer, but he hasn't done himself any favors.

But you want Demarcus Cousins? HA..... ;)