Author Topic: Isn't Boston a front runner to land Love if he leaves the Cavs ?  (Read 15952 times)

Re: Isn't Boston a front runner to land Love if he leaves the Cavs ?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 03:05:43 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I don't even want Love anymore. I'm good with the youth...Love just seems like a selfish player who can't take a backseat for the sake of the team. Don't want him

Because he is a super star elite offensive threat.  At the end of the games, we would have him and IT both needing to be double covered.  The main reason (aside from lack of talent) that we are so bad this year is that we were 4-11 in games decided by 3 points or less in the final minute before the Green trade.  Who should have been taking shots on the Wolves when he was there?  Now he is being benched in crunch time so LeBron can get the ball - there isn't really any evidence to back up the "selfish" player angle.  If anything, this season has completely disproved that.  He's been completely underutilized there and all he gives is positive press about it for the good of the team.  His numbers are down for the good of the team.

Anyways, we are a contender for him because most of the teams with cap space already have a PF they like.  It's basically going to come down to us, the Lakers or the Cavs.

Love seems like a pouty player and a primadonna. Is he being under utilized in Cleveland? Sure...but he just needs to shut up and he could have a ring. I don't really like his attitude and there is very little chance he comes here anyway.

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Love seems like a pouty player and a primadonna. Is he being under utilized in Cleveland? Sure...but he just needs to shut up and he could have a ring. I don't really like his attitude and there is very little chance he comes here anyway.

He has shut up about it!  LeBron is the one leaking everything to the media: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25123674/report-lebron-james-frustrated-with-kevin-love-in-cleveland

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 03:56:27 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I don't even want Love anymore. I'm good with the youth...Love just seems like a selfish player who can't take a backseat for the sake of the team. Don't want him

Because he is a super star elite offensive threat.  At the end of the games, we would have him and IT both needing to be double covered.  The main reason (aside from lack of talent) that we are so bad this year is that we were 4-11 in games decided by 3 points or less in the final minute before the Green trade.  Who should have been taking shots on the Wolves when he was there?  Now he is being benched in crunch time so LeBron can get the ball - there isn't really any evidence to back up the "selfish" player angle.  If anything, this season has completely disproved that.  He's been completely underutilized there and all he gives is positive press about it for the good of the team.  His numbers are down for the good of the team.

Anyways, we are a contender for him because most of the teams with cap space already have a PF they like.  It's basically going to come down to us, the Lakers or the Cavs.
good response. I'll add that I think anyone who plays with two ball driven players like Kyrie and Lebron is going to see their stats and overall usage go down. Hopefully he comes over to the Celts. All he has to do is see the role that Sullinger was playing to see he would get plenty of touches in our offense.

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 04:34:02 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I don't care what anybody says, I still want Love.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 04:43:12 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32

good response. I'll add that I think anyone who plays with two ball driven players like Kyrie and Lebron is going to see their stats and overall usage go down. Hopefully he comes over to the Celts. All he has to do is see the role that Sullinger was playing to see he would get plenty of touches in our offense.

Love isn't a number 1 option, he's a number 2...he also doesn't play D at all.

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2015, 04:47:57 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Love isn't a number 1 option, he's a number 2...he also doesn't play D at all.
Even if I agreed with you, why would you not want a solid number 2 guy. It's not like we have a 1, 2 or 3. Although IT4 might be a good 3rd option on a contending team.

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2015, 05:26:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2993
I'm not sure that all of the hate on Love is justified. The dude is obviously being mishandled in Cleveland, and he's already shown he can put up ridiculous offensive stats when given the reigns to the offense. Lebron would also look much less appealing if you put him as a third option in a system and hardly let him play to his strengths. Take the ball out of Lebron's hands and he's not nearly the player he is when he can run the offense. Bad systems, utilization, and fit for a player will make any player look bad.

People are also talking about his defense, but we have Sully, KO, and IT all playing integral parts for our team that hardly bother to play that side of the ball either. We traded for IT knowing his defensive limitations, and Love can produce more offensively and be a beast on the boards. No player is perfect, and beggars can't be choosers. With a talent like Love you build AROUND him and play to HIS strengths. You don't just pass on him because he has a weakness; otherwise, the whole league would legitimately all be trying to sign the handful of players that don't have any glaring weakness.

IF we can sign him to a one year max deal to gauge how he fits with us and allow him to take advantage of the rising cap, I don't see how we say no. We wouldn't give up any assets, and if it isn't working by the trade deadline, then someone would pay a king's ransom for him.

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2015, 05:34:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No. What is with this obsession with Love

Overrated overpaid. Doesnt even get mins in the 4th now

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 05:35:04 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I think it's weird how this is a thread about whether we can get him, and immediately everyone says they don't want him. Come on guys, if you can get Love in FA, you obviously do it - trading lots of draft picks we can have a debate, but signing him as a FA would be a no brainer. However, I would be surprised if he left Cleveland for a mediocre team like the C's. I think it's more likely that he would go to NY or LA and convince another top FA to join him.

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2015, 05:47:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Those who don't want Love here in Boston never cease to amaze me.

Despite this little post all star break the Celts went on, this is a team full of role players and bench players. Point blank.  Kevin Love is an actual starter and a star player to build around.

Getting a player like him can only make your team better.

Maybe he won't singlehandedly win you a championship but he brings you that much closer to the promise land.

I don't know, maybe some people just don't want good players in Boston for whatever reason.

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2015, 05:48:36 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3034
Wow, just wow on all the people ready to pass on Love. This is a player that can legitimately give you 26-13-4, shoot 40% from deep, 80% from the line (with 8+ FTA), and there are definitely worse defenders. He's 26 years old and entering his prime. In various years he's thrown up a 20 & 15 with 42% 3PT, 26-13 twice, 4.4 assists last year, high efficiency, low turnovers...

And you wouldn't give him a max deal the summer before the cap rises $30M, when 3-and-D guys like Khris Middleton are in the mix for $10-15M / year deals?

Um yeah, you sign Kevin Love if he's available and interested. Like I said, wow.

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Wow, just wow on all the people ready to pass on Love. This is a player that can legitimately give you 26-13-4, shoot 40% from deep, 80% from the line (with 8+ FTA), and there are definitely worse defenders. He's 26 years old and entering his prime. In various years he's thrown up a 20 & 15 with 42% 3PT, 26-13 twice, 4.4 assists last year, high efficiency, low turnovers...

And you wouldn't give him a max deal the summer before the cap rises $30M, when 3-and-D guys like Khris Middleton are in the mix for $10-15M / year deals?

Um yeah, you sign Kevin Love if he's available and interested. Like I said, wow.

I feel the same way!

I don't get it.

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 06:04:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

All while pouting, creating problems with his teammates, playing no defense, getting benched in multiple fourth quarters, and losing 50+ games per season. Oh, and he's got a bad back.

I'm not sure that Kevin Love is a difference maker in this league.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 06:05:54 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Another Love thread?! Ugh he will not come to Boston. Ever. He is a California guy so he's either staying in Cleveland or going back home. Where would you rather be? California or Boston during the winter? Boston just got like 9 feet of snow. No way he chooses Boston over LA. Why should he? Hell if you wanted to go into the Northeast then the Knicks are the only fit. Great nightlife, endorsements, and a team president that was the best coach in Lakers history. It's really an open and shut case between three teams. Knicks Lakers and Cleveland. Boston is laughable but it's cute how Simmons pushes the agenda. A star player will never sign with Boston. Kris Middleton is the absolute ceiling for us. We really aren't a big market team. The weather is beyond awful too.

I also wouldn't rule out a sign and trade with Miami for Bosh when he gets healthy. He might not like doing so but he knows how to play with Bron.