Author Topic: Per Woj: Danny is active on the phones.....  (Read 35528 times)

Per Woj: Danny is active on the phones.....
« on: December 16, 2014, 03:17:17 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
 Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA  ·  16m 16 minutes ago

Among most active teams on phones: (in no order): Celtics, Pistons, Suns, Timberwolves, Hornets, Clippers, Pacers, Nets, Nuggets, Rockets.

Looking to see what will come of this early activity....

I read that the following players are on the block: (NBA wide)

Isaiah Thomas (PHO) -kinda on the block- he fired his agent this weekend, because he thought he was going to PHO to start

Detroit - Josh Smith (could see this one coming) and Brandon Jennings - two of Detroits highest paid players

Brooklyn Nets - Joe Johnson, DWill and Brook Lopez

Anyone else?

Re: Per Woj: Danny is active on the phones.....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Isaiah Thomas (PHO) -kinda on the block- he fired his agent this weekend, because he thought he was going to PHO to start
Isiah Thomas went to a team that had Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe, and drafted Tyler Ennis without realizing he's walking into some sort of time share situation? Not the sharpest tack in the drawer, this one...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 03:32:01 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Steve Kyler from basketball insiders also jumped into the rumor mill

Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA  ·  26m 26 minutes ago
Celtics, Pistons, Suns, Timberwolves, Hornets - are seller in this market. Pacers, Nets, Nuggets and Rockets buyers...

Surprised to see that the Nets and Nuggets are buyers.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 03:33:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Celtics, Pistons, Suns, Timberwolves, Hornets - are seller in this market. Pacers, Nets, Nuggets and Rockets buyers...

If the Suns are looking to dump salary, Rondo for Thomas and Tucker will work ;)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 03:34:25 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Isiah Thomas went to a team that had Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe, and drafted Tyler Ennis without realizing he's walking into some sort of time share situation? Not the sharpest tack in the drawer, this one...

They also have Archie Goodwin.  Of course, one could also wonder why Phoenix chose to sign him and let Channing Frye walk.  It feels like there were bad decisions on both sides of that relationship.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 03:35:27 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

If the Suns are looking to dump salary, Rondo for Thomas and Tucker will work ;)
I would be upset if we didn't get more than that for Rondo. Also wouldn't that be a buy move for the Suns rather than a sell?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 03:35:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

They also have Archie Goodwin.  Of course, one could also wonder why Phoenix chose to sign him and let Channing Frye walk.  It feels like there were bad decisions on both sides of that relationship.
Frye has been a chump this season, they're better off with the Morris twins instead of him.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I would be upset if we didn't get more than that for Rondo. Also wouldn't that be a buy move for the Suns rather than a sell?
Technically, Rondo is an expiring contract and a potential sign-and-trade asset, perhaps. Also, the way he's been playing recently his value is not exactly sky-high.

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Come on Danny, trade Rondo

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 03:43:05 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

I second this, move this guy already!

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 03:44:06 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I much rather trade Olynyk while his value is high!  ;D

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 03:54:22 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

I would suspect that he assumed Bledsoe was on his way out when he signed.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

In his defense Bledsoe was a FA, he could have been under the impression that he was being signed to replace Bledsoe. If that was the case I can see why he would go to the suns, playing along side Gortat he could essentially play SG while defending PGs.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 04:03:40 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I checked Woj's twitter and I blindly clicked on a link about the Celtics, which lead me to this story:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24895235/evan-turner-on-boos-i-dont-want-to-sound-super-weird-but-jesus-was-hated-too

Evan Turner on boos: 'I don't want to sound super weird, but Jesus was hated too'.  Note that this was about the 76ers fans and not Cs fans booing him

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 04:05:19 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
why would phx trade thomas for rondo, that would make him 3rd best pg on that team?
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger