Author Topic: Disappointing comments from Paul George  (Read 12368 times)

Disappointing comments from Paul George
« on: May 27, 2014, 12:56:19 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
In the post game press conference, Paul George blamed tonight's loss on the free throw discrepancy (Miami +17 on the game) and said that he felt Indiana out played Miami.

Anybody who watched that game knows that there is no way Indy out played Miami at all.  The entire game I was texting friends about how lucky Indy was that the deficit was as low as it was.  The only reason the final score was close is because Miami took their foot of the gas pedal in the middle of the 4th quarter when up by 20 points.

Turning the ball over 9 more times than Miami didn't have anything to do with the loss, Paul?

I didn't think George was the type to try to cop out of a loss blaming the refs like that and I was really disappointed.  Shows that he is still a very immature person.  That's the type of thing Lebron would have done a couple years ago.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: Disappointing comments from Paul George
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 01:02:36 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Agree, though I didn't see the post game comments. Paul George's whole deal can be described as 'disappointing' at this point. Lance Stephenson is indiaina's top dog? Crazy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:02:47 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 381
This entire Indiana squad seemed like they were entitled this season....except David West.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:12:05 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Vogel is getting badly outcoached by Spo. I'd be curious to see how the Pacers would fare if they had someone else making in-game adjustments.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 01:19:01 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Vogel is getting badly outcoached by Spo. I'd be curious to see how the Pacers would fare if they had someone else making in-game adjustments.

Agree.  Miami goes small-ish with Bosh and Lewis starting in the front court and no Birdman off the bench... How does Indy not try to counter that by getting the ball into the low post?  This is basketball 101.  And why is Scola getting such few minutes this series when he's playing pretty well?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 01:20:28 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
The only mature guys on that team are some of the bench guys and DWest. Not one of Mia's guys that play haven't been there done that. I guess it's to be expected b/c those guys are still pups in comparison.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 01:31:56 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
The Pacers won the FG%, 3P%, REB and AST battle. Bu they did have 10 more fouls called on them along with taking 17 less free throws. Granted, they shot 65% from the line. You could make a case they outplayed Miami.

The team needs a genuine point guard.

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 01:46:41 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
George hill is an awful starting pg. He was a good backup in SA but he's not a starting quality pg. Paul George seems a bit overrated at this point. He's an all star but he's no superstar franchise caliber guy at this point.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 02:00:13 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
i'm not making excuses for George or the pacers because they suck regardless of the fouls. but I mentioned in the game thread "I saw LeBron get double-teamed, turn around and push George 2 feet." while the ref was standing right there and no call.

I know no one likes to hear "don't blame the refs" or "cry about fouls" but this has been the worst playoffs for refs imo since the kings/lakers.

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 02:48:40 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2512
paul george isn't a real superstar, and his team is as weak-minded as they come. a couple years ago they twice blew 10-15 point leads in the last few minutes of games in a playoff series that they ended up losing.
but with that being said, a lot of miami's "confidence" comes from the officiating, much as jordan's bulls and shaq's lakers did. this is why they melt down and start with the dirty plays whenever they're losing - they're little more than spoiled children. several times a game they commit obvious fouls on defense and then break away for easy points. it doesn't sound like much, but if the refs give them just three of those plays a game - three more than the other team - then that's six points, and in this league it's a lot easier winning with a six point head start.
that still doesn't let george and co. off the hook though for their bad body language and lack of aggression late in the game. it's not just nerves, the pacers don't trust each other and they don't believe in themselves. they don't deserve to win.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 03:14:47 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Guys always sound bad when going down 3-1. Miami is the better team.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 03:50:09 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Agree, though I didn't see the post game comments. Paul George's whole deal can be described as 'disappointing' at this point. Lance Stephenson is indiaina's top dog? Crazy.
Personality matters in press conferences.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 05:46:56 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
George hill is an awful starting pg. He was a good backup in SA but he's not a starting quality pg. Paul George seems a bit overrated at this point. He's an all star but he's no superstar franchise caliber guy at this point.

I totally agree and have been saying this for a couple of years now.  Paul George is nowhere near as incredibly a player as he gets credit for.  Excellent player, but not elite. 

But then again I've been saying the same about Kevin Love...

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 06:28:53 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
this is a 4 game sweep without the massive free throw disparity in game 1 to the Pacers. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 07:22:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Refs affect games and always have in the NBA.

Indy is a nice team but they have no one clutch that can score when a game is on the line.   They are one piece away.   Melo to them would fix them.   They have good defenders to cover him and they could use his scoring.