Author Topic: Time to Raid the Clippers Dry!!  (Read 7754 times)

Time to Raid the Clippers Dry!!
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Oh yeah....

From CP3, to Griffin, Jordan, Crawford, Redick and even Doc, let's get them all!

Deal them Olynyk's development, Sully, Jeff Green's inconsistencies, A. Sherrod and let them go up in smoke.

If Doc wants to return as coach, he's more than welcome.

Maybe Brad Stevens can become a cameraman for CSNNE.

Clippers go back to being, well the Clippers and the Celtics return to being, The Celtics!

Re: Time to Raid the Clippers Dry!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 11:40:56 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If it comes to it and clippers players become free agents, id love to see blake in green

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 11:47:02 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Nah.

Rondo, Jeff Green, Sullinger and some picks.

For Griffin and CPIII.

Tough luck, Doc. Enjoy TBS.

Ainge has the assets to cushion the racist's fall after Rivers leads the exodus.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 11:50:28 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
I'll take blake and CP3. but doc can just stay in LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 11:57:52 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Nah.

Rondo, Jeff Green, Sullinger and some picks.

For Griffin and CPIII.

Tough luck, Doc. Enjoy TBS.

Ainge has the assets to cushion the racist's fall after Rivers leads the exodus.

Sounds good to me.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 11:58:37 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Truth be told, I sorta feel bad for the guy.

I mean he took what he thought was going to be a better job, and it turns out he's working for some racist ***wad.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 12:05:45 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671

I mean he took what he thought was going to be a better job, and it turns out he's working for some racist ***wad.

tough luck. Grass is not always greener on the other side. Doc did not want to be part of a rebuild. fine. hit the road. he did so. Then things happen. C'est la vie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 12:17:05 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

yes but everyone has known about sterling for yrs. doc in particular probably knew back when he played for them.

I only feel so bad for him for the simple fact nobody should have to work under those circumstances. but, again he probably knew going in.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 12:19:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

tough luck. Grass is not always greener on the other side. Doc did not want to be part of a rebuild. fine. hit the road. he did so. Then things happen. C'est la vie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also had the opportunity to control the team's basketball ops -- something he definitely wasn't going to have with the Celtics.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 12:23:58 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
also, yeah there's a chance everyone in that organization just walks away or in the players situation asks to be traded. but there also has to be players willing to go there, which I think might be difficult to find.

this is definitely a unique situation and anyone looking for a quick fix is in for a surprise imo.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 12:28:24 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
The Clips have been hit with the sociological version of a nuke.

Uninhabitable for decades.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 01:23:31 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Eh, I am not trying to be insensitive, but I really see this thing blowing over in a few weeks. Sterling's a jerk, but he didn't kill anybody or do anything illegal. Once the dust settles, players and coaches will want to stick together - Sterling will hopefully go above and beyond on his apology and not try to over-explain himself.

Heck, Michael Vick's hobby was essentially killing dogs - man's best friend. America is a forgiving country. If Sterling can take this matter and turn it into something positive, even if it is just increasing racism awareness, then I think everybody will be able to move on with their lives.

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 01:40:53 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Eh, I am not trying to be insensitive, but I really see this thing blowing over in a few weeks. Sterling's a jerk, but he didn't kill anybody or do anything illegal. Once the dust settles, players and coaches will want to stick together - Sterling will hopefully go above and beyond on his apology and not try to over-explain himself.

Heck, Michael Vick's hobby was essentially killing dogs - man's best friend. America is a forgiving country. If Sterling can take this matter and turn it into something positive, even if it is just increasing racism awareness, then I think everybody will be able to move on with their lives.

I'd buy your point a bit more if there weren't a well-documented history of Sterling being racist and allowing his prejudice to influence his actions and behavior.  A simple apology isn't going to blow this over considering his history.  This isn't just a one-off instance and his word very much so suggest that he views his players as property, which clearly creates an uncomfortable working environment for many.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 01:40:55 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
DeAndre for the Trade Exception??

**Edit: Would you do Jordan for the trade exception and their own first round pick back?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:51:48 PM by McHales Pits »
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 01:41:34 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

woj already tweeted doc is gone if sterling stays. I think it could get ugly