Author Topic: Sullinger Arrested in Domestic Incident  (Read 104520 times)

Sullinger Arrested in Domestic Incident
« on: September 03, 2013, 08:38:47 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
News Man‏@BostonNewsMan
 I am Hearing that @Celtics  forward Jared Sullinger has been arrested in a domestic incident #fox25

https://twitter.com/BostonNewsMan/status/374870970349019138
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Sullinger Arrested in Domestic Incident
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
This guy is apparently high up at Fox 25 so I think its a pretty legit report. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 08:48:16 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
WALTHAM, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – Boston Celtics forward Jared Sullinger was arrested following a domestic situation over the weekend with his girlfriend.

Police said Sullinger arrived at the police station 6 a.m. Tuesday to turn himself in.

Sullinger is charged with assault and battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation.

According to police, the incident happened early Saturday evening.

Sullinger is due in Waltham District Court Tuesday.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/23323181/celtics-sullinger-arrested-following-domestic-situation-with-girlfriend

I'm curious to see the details, and whether there are any injuries.  At least in my jurisdiction, DV is the most over-charged crime there is; it's the one crime I see where the cops don't get it right a lot of the time.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 08:49:39 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Sully's perfect record sullied  :-\

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 08:52:51 AM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
These pro athletes keep doing stupid things. They are millionaires, they have a great life, they're idolized by millions... and yet they act like they have a chicken's brain.

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 08:55:50 AM »

Offline outflip50

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Money can't buy happiness or a clue by the looks of it  ::)

These pro athletes keep doing stupid things. They are millionaires, they have a great life, they're idolized by millions... and yet they act like they have a chicken's brain.

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 09:00:26 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Ugh..I really hate this. I like the kid. It just goes to show that we don't really "know" any of these players and can't judge them by their on court and interview personas. We just never know what's going on behind the scenes.

We're quick to call athletes punks because of what we see on the court, but they could have a totally different lifestyle than what's being portrayed. I just feel bad for the situation either way.

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
WALTHAM, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – Boston Celtics forward Jared Sullinger was arrested following a domestic situation over the weekend with his girlfriend.

Police said Sullinger arrived at the police station 6 a.m. Tuesday to turn himself in.

Sullinger is charged with assault and battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/23323181/celtics-sullinger-arrested-following-domestic-situation-with-girlfriend

I'm curious to see the details, and whether there are any injuries.  At least in my jurisdiction, DV is the most over-charged crime there is; it's the one crime I see where the cops don't get it right a lot of the time.

Injuries shouldn't be required for this to be a real crime. My WAG about destruction of  property is going to be a cell phone, but A&B and witness intimidation are both significant.

Wait and see without rush to judgment is absolutely fair, but casting preemptive doubt on the police isn't really fair either.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 09:01:33 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Sully's perfect record sullied  :-\

At the ripe old age of 21.

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 09:01:42 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
[dang] it sully

Can nba players be suspended for this?

If so KO could be our opening day starting PF

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 09:09:36 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Injuries shouldn't be required for this to be a real crime. My WAG about destruction of  property is going to be a cell phone, but A&B and witness intimidation are both significant.

Wait and see without rush to judgment is absolutely fair, but casting preemptive doubt on the police isn't really fair either.

Who "cast preemptive doubt"?

In most crimes, you know a defendant is probably guilty the vast majority of the time.  The one area where that's not necessarily the case, in my experience, is domestic violence.  I think a lot of times people are arrested and charged in those cases based upon "he said, she said" allegations.

That's why I asked to see the details.  And yes, physical injuries are a piece of evidence that needs to be examined before rushing to judgment.  (I had a client who was arrested for felony domestic violence, along with six other charges, for allegedly hitting his ex-girlfriend in the knee with a sledgehammer.  This, despite no physical injuries.  When the words "domestic violence" are uttered, a lot of normally sane LEOs and prosecutors go temporarily insane.)

Sully very well may be guilty here.  Until I see more, though, I'd say it's a coin flip situation, whereas in other cases I'd be assuming that there was most likely guilty just because he was arrested.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 09:15:43 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826
I love how they use "domestic situation". I personally think this will amount to nothing. But we'll see.

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 09:18:22 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Gotta think Waltham PD is extra sensitive right now due to the Jared Remmy situation.

Weird thing is that he turned himself in - if they were on the scene you have to think he would have been arrested straight away, unless he had already left when they got there.

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 09:21:25 AM »

Offline outflip50

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
The LEO's have been sued too many times from walking away after a domestic violence call. That being said, they have to separate the 2 parties for at least some time which is normally an overnight stint to give the parties a "cooling off" period.