Author Topic: Rumor (with sources): Ray Allen thinking about returning to Boston  (Read 9889 times)

Re: Rumor (with sources): Ray Allen thinking about returning to Boston
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think it would be a nice ending, but I do not if this is really true or are false rumors. Allen never had to leave Boston, Ainge was at fault, as is happening now with Pierce, deadline after deadline.
Nevertheless, people in Boston still loves Ray, but your decision to choose Miami is not forgotten, removing the series against Bucks, he is having little importance, see what happens tonight in game 7 and if they advance to the finals.
There are many outstanding things in Boston, will happen with Pierce, Garnett, Doc ... it makes no sense if you do not continue KG Pierce and Ray Allen back.

How is Danny at fault ? God forbid we try to trade a 36 year old SG , that doesn't do much else than shoot for OJ Mayo ...

PP has been in trade talks, KG , and even Rondo .

C's then offered him a better contract than Miami , with a no trade clause .

How is this Danny's fault? I just don't see it...

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Come on guys the twitter handle has FAKE written all over it

Think you're right. And why is this coming out now, hours before the Heat's Game 7 against Indiana...

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I think it would be a nice ending, but I do not if this is really true or are false rumors. Allen never had to leave Boston, Ainge was at fault, as is happening now with Pierce, deadline after deadline.
Nevertheless, people in Boston still loves Ray, but your decision to choose Miami is not forgotten, removing the series against Bucks, he is having little importance, see what happens tonight in game 7 and if they advance to the finals.
There are many outstanding things in Boston, will happen with Pierce, Garnett, Doc ... it makes no sense if you do not continue KG Pierce and Ray Allen back.

How is Danny at fault ? God forbid we try to trade a 36 year old SG , that doesn't do much else than shoot for OJ Mayo ...

It's obviously Danny's fault for trying to be a good GM. A way past his prime sg for O.J Mayo?? That's blasphomy

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

Remember that Ray was traded to the Grizzlies end a minute before the deadline, but if it is true and I agree with you that Allen never have to go to Miami. PP, RA and KG should have been retired together in Boston, and deadline after deadline in constant rumors, do you think it's logical you what is happening with Pierce? Pierce is a legend and legends should be respected, as Duncan, Kobe, they would never leave their teams.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I doubt this is true, but if it was, I'd take Ray back.

Why not?

So he went to play in Miami?

Big deal

I don't think that's any bigger an issue/story than Danny Ainge trying to trade him.

Nobody owes anybody anything.

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 01:15:10 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Sometimes a year off is a good for a marraige  :o

Welcome back Ray!!

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
If he reaches out to his teammates and coach and they can embrace his coming back I can get over his betrayal.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 01:43:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
what are the "sources"? One unreliable twitter account at best is one source, singular. Where are the other sources? Am I missing something or is the title of this thread misleading?

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Why not?

Big deal

I don't think that's any bigger an issue/story than Danny Ainge trying to trade him.

I disagree. I think he owed PP and KG a little something. They nixed the Ray for Mayo deal. And just to get back at Ainge, Doc and Rondo he screws his friends over?

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 02:03:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
Ainge should take him back and then trade him to a non-playoff team mid-season.

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 02:05:07 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Why not?

Big deal

I disagree. I think he owed PP and KG a little something. They nixed the Ray for Mayo deal. And just to get back at Ainge, Doc and Rondo he screws his friends over?

Well, I guess that's where we differ in opinion. If someone is a free agent (which Ray was), they have the right to go play anywhere they see fit.

Just like Danny would've had every right to trade Ray Allen for OJ Mayo, regardless of whether KG/Pierce approved of it or not.

Regardless, I think this should make tonight's game 7 interesting.

Between Wade's comments about him and Bosh not getting enough touches and now this, should be interesting to see if this buries Miami.

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Why not?

Big deal

Well, I guess that's where we differ in opinion. If someone is a free agent (which Ray was), they have the right to go play anywhere they see fit.

Just like Danny would've had every right to trade Ray Allen for OJ Mayo, regardless of whether KG/Pierce approved of it or not.

Regardless, I think this should make tonight's game 7 interesting.

Between Wade's comments about him and Bosh not getting enough touches and now this, should be interesting to see if this buries Miami.

+1...agree on that...let's hope so

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
no thanks to Ray.

There's a reason the spelling was changed in the dictionary to "tRAYtor"

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2013, 02:33:25 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
he should go to Seattle and retire a Supersonic

I see what you did there.

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Why not?

Big deal

Still wish Ainge would have done the Ray for Mayo deal.