Author Topic: C's interview Plumlee,Zellar,Gobert, Glen Rice Jr,Alex Len and Oladipo  (Read 15615 times)

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I read a lot of words on a lot of websites every day. I can't help it if I don't get to every thread on CB.

Thanks for the numbers, but as to his "best defender" status, I think it's worth pointing out that Bradley almost exclusively guards point guards rather being tasked with guarding the other team's biggest offensive threat (ala LeBron and TA).

That ESPN article you drew the numbers from also talks about Bradley getting burned by Felton in the Knicks series. Blame the refs all you want, but no one else is.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I wouldn't mind Rudy Gobert.  I was a little down on him after watching him exhibit poor lateral range on video and only put up mediocre rebounding numbers but him coming in at 237 pounds at the combine changes things.  I thought he was going to measure out as a twig but if he's 237 pounds now at age 20, it means he could he potentially grow into a 7'2, 260 or bigger beast.  It's not farfetched to think he could be a Roy Hibbert on defense in the future.

At least two things separate him from former, freakishly measured busts like Alexis Ajinca and Saer Sene.  One is performance in a solid foreign league.  He was much better than Ajinca in the same league while Saer Sene couldn't get get much playing time in I think the Belgium league. The second is weight.  Ajinca was only 207 pounds when he got drafted.  He was too weak to make it.  Saer was 237 like Gobert but without the performance track record. 

It seems doubtful Gobert is going to drop to 16.  His floor has to be OKC.  Putting Gobert's size and length in that lineup would be insane.  Easily the longest assembled lineup ever.