Author Topic: C's interview Plumlee,Zellar,Gobert, Glen Rice Jr,Alex Len and Oladipo  (Read 15618 times)

Re: C's interview Plumlee,Zellar,Gobert, Glen Rice Jr, and Oladipo
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 01:22:00 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Hypothetical: how many here would give up Bradley and #16 for Oladipo?

Just curious. I am a big fan of Oladipo myself...

Same here. Pretty sure I'd do it, and I've always liked Bradley. Oladipo is just a beast.
Its sad how many of you on here are willing to trade players who have dominated in the nba in one area or another, for some one who hasnt even yet stepped on an nba court.

OK. So by that logic you wouldn't trade Bradley for Nerlens Noel either?
If Avery Bradley had played in college basketball this year he would have been a potential number one pick.

Absolutely not.  Guards who can't dribble, among other things, don't go number 1.  Oh my goodness.  Bradley is coming off a horrific postseason.  A potential no.1 pick, even in a weak draft, would hopefully have looked more versatile and better than Bradley did in the playoffs.
Interesting not that he cant dribble since the guy who started this arguement wanted to trade Bradley for Oladipo, who cant dribble.

If an nba scout said that a guard would statistically lead the nba in individual defense, I feel like he would go first in this draft as long as he wasnt offensively inept. You may claim that Bradley is but, once again, one small sample size doesnt undo a previous, much larger sample size.

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 01:27:12 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Same here. Pretty sure I'd do it, and I've always liked Bradley. Oladipo is just a beast.
Its sad how many of you on here are willing to trade players who have dominated in the nba in one area or another, for some one who hasnt even yet stepped on an nba court.
It shows a lack of basketball maturity.

Basketball maturity, really?  It's immature to want an improvement on a player? It's not that hard to project who will be good defenders in the NBA.  Guys with quickness and athleticism who defended well in college tend to be good defenders in the NBA.  That's what was predicted and realized with Bradley.  If some people want an Oladipo because they think he can replicate Bradley's defense while being a better offensive player, that's not being immature.
It is immature because its based off of the most recent thing you have seen. Its like getting excited over a new toy.

Avery Bradley has locked down every guard in this league and based on numbers, is the best defender in basketball. A sub par playoffs where he was playing completely out of position does not undo that. The Avery Bradley who played the final 10 minutes of game 6 is the Avery Bradkey that we know and that we will see throughout his career. I think Oladipo will be good but Avery Bradley is a once in a generation type of defensive player.

How did he play out of position on defense.  Guarding point guards should be his strength.  He should have the size and quickness to be a lockdown point guard defender.  He wasn't close to that.  He struggled at both areas of the floor.  I won't comment anymore.  You're obviously a Bradley fanatic.
He diddnt play out of position of defense but he was expending substantially more energy than when he doesnt have to play point guard, therefore making him more tired on the other end of the ball. He was also getting whistled every time he touched the Knicks guards which I am sure played a role in how he played them.

Im not saying it wasnt dissapointing because I had high hopes for him in the playoffs but I am not ready to deal this kid who is a one of a kind defender, for Oladipo because he had a bad stretch of games.

I think oladipo will be a very good nba player, but I also fully believe that when Bradley goes back to his natural 2 guard position, that he will be the defensively dominant, oppurtunistic scorer that he is when playing at his best.

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 01:27:56 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

OK. So by that logic you wouldn't trade Bradley for Nerlens Noel either?
If Avery Bradley had played in college basketball this year he would have been a potential number one pick.

OK, that is an interesting claim. But my question is very simple and about something different. Would you trade Bradley straight up right now for Nerlens Noel?
no

Fascinating. Would you trade him for the rights to Andrew Wiggins, if one could acquire them this year?

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'd absolutely trade Bradley for Oladipo, but I wouldn't include picks. I think Bradley is too small to defend shooting guards and he's a weak player on the offensive end overall. A poor finisher, limited shooter, and terrible ball handler. IMO, Bradley projects as a more athletic and bigger Lindsey Hunter type. That is unless he proves the shooting stretch we saw in 2011 wasn't a fluke. Bradley being a starter is predicated on him being a insane defender, but the type of D he plays seems unsustainable in an 82+ game season.

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 02:40:00 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Basketball maturity, really?  It's immature to want an improvement on a player? It's not that hard to project who will be good defenders in the NBA.  Guys with quickness and athleticism who defended well in college tend to be good defenders in the NBA.  That's what was predicted and realized with Bradley.  If some people want an Oladipo because they think he can replicate Bradley's defense while being a better offensive player, that's not being immature.
It is immature because its based off of the most recent thing you have seen. Its like getting excited over a new toy.

Avery Bradley has locked down every guard in this league and based on numbers, is the best defender in basketball. A sub par playoffs where he was playing completely out of position does not undo that. The Avery Bradley who played the final 10 minutes of game 6 is the Avery Bradkey that we know and that we will see throughout his career. I think Oladipo will be good but Avery Bradley is a once in a generation type of defensive player.

How did he play out of position on defense.  Guarding point guards should be his strength.  He should have the size and quickness to be a lockdown point guard defender.  He wasn't close to that.  He struggled at both areas of the floor.  I won't comment anymore.  You're obviously a Bradley fanatic.
He diddnt play out of position of defense but he was expending substantially more energy than when he doesnt have to play point guard, therefore making him more tired on the other end of the ball. He was also getting whistled every time he touched the Knicks guards which I am sure played a role in how he played them.

Im not saying it wasnt dissapointing because I had high hopes for him in the playoffs but I am not ready to deal this kid who is a one of a kind defender, for Oladipo because he had a bad stretch of games.

I think oladipo will be a very good nba player, but I also fully believe that when Bradley goes back to his natural 2 guard position, that he will be the defensively dominant, oppurtunistic scorer that he is when playing at his best.

Which numbers are you talking about?

I'd vote for LeBron or Tony Allen over Bradley as far as "best wing defender" goes.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Speaking of Gobert, his measurements are outstanding.

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider
Rudy Gobert  7'0.5" in socks and 7'2" in shoes with a crazy 7'8.5" wingspan and insane 9'7" standing reach.

For comparison...

Nerlens Noel measurements: 6'10" in socks and 6'11.5" in shoes. 7' 3.75" wingspan and a very good 9-2 standing reach

Steven Adams. 6'10.75" socks. 7'0" shoes. 7'4.5" wing 9'1.5" standing reach.

Anthony Davis? 6-foot-9.25 in socks and 6-10.5 in shoes last year.  7-foot-5.5 wingspan and 9-foot standing reach.

Other interviewees ...

Cody Zeller 6'10.75" in socks and 7'0.25" in shoes.  His 6-10.75 wing and 8'10" standing reach is on the small side however.

Victor Oladipo was even smaller at 6'3.25" in socks and 6'4.25" in shoes. His wingspan was a very long 6'9.25" however.

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Speaking of Gobert, his measurements are outstanding.

I think that's been established. I heard the problem is he's a stiff.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Mason Plumlee, Cody Zeller, Rudy Gobert, Glen Rice Jr. and Victor Oladipo and Len, though i assume they prob think he will be gone by the 16th pick and/or turnoff due to another big guy with Injury.

So what i get out this

1. Oliodipo- Totally a DA kind of player with his level of athleticism/quickness.  If he has blown Danny's mind already, you can be sure that he will have no problem giving up Bradley for him. For example, AB + 16th for 6th, 7th, 8th and their early 2nd round picks. Trade won't happen unless that 2nd round pick is included. (then again trade won't happen if none of these teams able to pick VO, have him high on his list, and don't care alot for AB)

2. Plumlee or Zeller = Safe choices to supplement needs upfront. If either can develop a consistent jump shot, they will have long careers in the nba as starters.

3. Gobert = the real deal or another project?? Certainly the height, wingspan and decent quickness/athleticism are interesting.

4. Glen Rice Jr = Needs to get better as a man to man defender. But outside of that, has true nba skills. Like his dad he can really shoot but in addition can also drive and finish.  Hopefully the shooting situation is over and done with. As he drops to the 2nd round, i can see danny doing everything in his power to grab him without giving up future 1st picks.

Why no Schroeder?

1. With no pg's being interviewed , Danny prob has Rondo locked in to comeback healthy and start next year. In addition I believe Barbosa who is rehabbing with Rondo will be back as the 2nd unit pg.

2. Other than Victor Oliadipo , doesn't have anyone else that he likes at the sg spot better than AB (a healthy AB).

I guess as an educated guess that one or two of these guys will be a celtic by the time the draft is done.  Don't think we can get VO unless danny gives up more. So I think the way it will turn out

1. Plumlee or Zeller if they are still there to eventually start with Sully. As soon as next year step in and come off the bench and finally gives us an additional upfront depth

or

2. Glen Rice jr. to be that 2nd SF, provide scoring punch off the bench

Would be wonderful if he could somehow get both 1 and 2 without giving up promising assets

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 02:42:24 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

Which numbers are you talking about?

I'd vote for LeBron or Tony Allen over Bradley as far as "best wing defender" goes.

Add Jimmy Butler on that list.

I'm not extremely high on Oladipo, but I'd definitely give up Bradley+ pick #16 for an exceptional talent at the SG position. Bradley is a very good role player, but will never be anything more than that. He's not a starting caliber player imo.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wasn't too high on Oladipo until I watched more of his film.  That being said, I think his ceiling is Dwyane Wade high.
I would trade Bradley in a heartbeat to get this kid.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Wasn't too high on Oladipo until I watched more of his film.  That being said, I think his ceiling is Dwyane Wade high.
I would trade Bradley in a heartbeat to get this kid.

A poor man dwade with better defensive capabilities is his ceiling imo. Doubt he can develop dwade offensive capabilities. If you don't have it by college , i doubt one can develop it in the nba

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/glen_rice_jr/game_by_game_stats.html

Glen Rice Jr. did a number when playing in the d league. Look at his stats. Was he not the mvp? Pretty darn good for a 1st year d leaguer with minimal college experience.  His d league stats is jammed pack from points, to rebounds to block shots even.

I think there is a high chance Danny takes him if he is there. I hope he can buy a 2nd round pick and grab a big guy like Carmichael, Muscala , who are seniors that have mature games to contribute next season. Both can defend the interior and rebound at worse

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Hope Danny is looking at Caldwell-Pope. He looks like an ideal fit with a point guard like Rondo. I haven't seen him play, but from the scouting videos his scoring/shooting ability looks amazing. With proper coaching he could be a very nice starter.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Hope Danny is looking at Caldwell-Pope. He looks like an ideal fit with a point guard like Rondo. I haven't seen him play, but from the scouting videos his scoring/shooting ability looks amazing. With proper coaching he could be a very nice starter.

KCP while a nice shooter, finishes in transition, defends pretty good, has little to nil drive and slash game. He has looses handles, and if you want him to create a shot when things get tight, unless his jumper is working, he won't be able to give you much in a half court setting.

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
chris mannix on twitter said the celtics also met with kelly olynyk.