Author Topic: 2013 NFL Football  (Read 71652 times)

Re: 2013 NFL Football
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2013, 08:38:15 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
EJ with the wider field in the CFL, you have to be able to throw. You can't win passing 10 times a game. Wilson, Kaepernick and RG3 are prime examples of a CFL style QB.
while RGIII may be a prime example of a CFL QB, he did a fine job turning that Skins franchise into a playoff team.  Not many other players on that team worth noting and certainly none that had the impact on improving that team like he did.

I'll hang Shanahan if RGIII's injury ruins his game.  I've been waiting too long for the Skins to get back to relevance with their incompetent leadership (which was exhibited again in this draft -- really? picking players rounds ahead of where they're projected and none really considered to have an impact this year or in some cases, ever). 

Sorry, just a Skins fan venting

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2013, 08:41:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Personally, I agree with Felger on this.  I find it astounding that a QB that wins more than he loses doesnt have a starting job when you see some of the absolute caca that is starting in this league at the QB position
You would think Peyton Manning would have outperformed him, but of course he didn't.

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2013, 08:57:11 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Personally, I agree with Felger on this.  I find it astounding that a QB that wins more than he loses doesnt have a starting job when you see some of the absolute caca that is starting in this league at the QB position
You would think Peyton Manning would have outperformed him, but of course he didn't.

What are you talking about?

Manning led his offense to 35 points and overtime against the eventual Super Bowl champ in the divisional round. 

Tebow got blown out in the divisional round.  Scoring only ten points. 

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2013, 09:01:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Manning led his offense to 35 points and overtime against the eventual Super Bowl champ in the divisional round. 

I'm assuming his argument would be "well Tebow won a playoff game, Manning didn't".

That, however, would completely ignore the fact that due to Manning's superior regular season, he didn't need to win a playoff game to reach the divisional round.

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2013, 09:02:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Not to mention if not for a 70 yard TD given up by a safety having a massive brain fart with only seconds left on the clock the game wouldn't have been in OT to begin with.

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2013, 09:08:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1647
  • What a Pub Should Be

Not to mention if not for a 70 yard TD given up by a safety having a massive brain fart with only seconds left on the clock the game wouldn't have been in OT to begin with.

C'mon guys, minor details.  Nothing but minor details.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
First of all Tebow handed the legendary Peyton a playoff team.  Peyton wasn't given a 1-4 team like Tim got. He was handed a playoff team.  A team that lost in the second round on the road against Tom Brady and the Patriots.  Peyton took that playoff team all the way to....a loss in the exact same round...at home.  Now they have a 37 year old QB a year removed from 5 neck surgeries, who makes commercials and plays some football when he isn't filming.  genius. Way to go Denver. Way to go.   

« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2013, 09:19:59 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
First of all Tebow handed the legendary Peyton a playoff team.  Peyton wasn't given a 1-4 team like Tim got. He was handed a playoff team.  A team that lost in the second round on the road against Tom Brady and the Patriots.  Peyton took that playoff team all the way to....a loss in the exact same round...at home.  Now they have a 37 year old QB a year removed from 5 neck surgeries, who makes commercials and plays some football when he isn't filming.  genius. Way to go Denver. Way to go.
Better than having a 3rd string QB for a 6-10 team who might be out of the league based on current news reports.  ;)

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I'm assuming his argument would be "well Tebow won a playoff game, Manning didn't".

That, however, would completely ignore the fact that due to Manning's superior regular season, he didn't need to win a playoff game to reach the divisional round.
Well wait a minute.  Tebow only did so well because of the defense right? It was all defense. That 1-4 defense he got played him into the playoffs. So therefore we have to say that Manning's "success" in Denver is because of the defense too, right? And when Tebow got blown out by the Pats that would be the fault of the defense, right? As it was the fault of the Denver defense that they went to OT against the Ravens right?

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Better than having a 3rd string QB for a 6-10 team who might be out of the league based on current news reports.  ;)
The Jets might be out of the league? Bout time.

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

I agree that Peyton choked, but do you honestly believe Tebow would have done better?

Or, if you could, take a hypothetical scenario in which Denver somehow plays against itself; one version with Manning, and one version with Tebow.  Who wins?

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2013, 09:27:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1647
  • What a Pub Should Be

Well, he does have the Montreal Alouettes to fall back on.  Along with an offer to be a QB coach in the Lingerie Football League.  So he has that going for him.

I think the only way he stays in the NFL is if he's willing to play an H back/TE role or someone picks him up as a third stringer for scout purposes at QB.  Thinking more the former than latter if that happens.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2013, 09:30:19 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Well wait a minute.  Tebow only did so well because of the defense right? It was all defense. That 1-4 defense he got played him into the playoffs. So therefore we have to say that Manning's "success" in Denver is because of the defense too, right? And when Tebow got blown out by the Pats that would be the fault of the defense, right? As it was the fault of the Denver defense that they went to OT against the Ravens right?
Different year and different football team. Denver's defense wasn't nearly as good this year. Injuries and age really hit them hard.

Besides most of Tebow's wins weren't just defense, they were also crazy lucky bounces. Fumble luck, backup running back running out of bounds for no reason luck, etc...

« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2013, 09:30:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Well, he does have the Montreal Alouettes to fall back on.  Along with an offer to be a QB coach in the Lingerie Football League.  So he has that going for him.

I think the only way he stays in the NFL is if he's willing to play an H back/TE role or someone picks him up as a third stringer for scout purposes at QB.  Thinking more the former than latter if that happens.
Don't forget the offer to QB the Omaha Beef!

« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2013, 09:31:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I will say, as much as I may think Tebow "stinks", if guys like Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Christian Ponder, Chad Henne (you get the point) can be starting QB's, why can't Tebow?  He is in no way definitively worse than those I mentioned, and has had more success.