Author Topic: Mamadou N'diaye 7'5 Height, 22b lb (116 kg)  (Read 10690 times)

Re: Mamadou N'diaye 7'5 Height, 22b lb (116 kg)
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 08:49:56 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

He lost the tip off?????

Those little people playing with him need to muscle up. Push the dude the eff out of the paint... I can't imagine there's much a ref wouldn't forgive

ROFL those kids came up to his waist.  How are they gonna 'body up' in the paint when they are 1/4 his size?

What we just saw would be like Gulliver playing basketball against Liliputians.

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
That video was a train wreck. There were multiple things that were sorta painful to see. I don't know but he did look about 37. Also there's just something about him going up against a bunch of Asian high school kids half his height.  And then when he left he almost hit his head on the doorway.   I feel like he was going to cry.
The high school kids he were playing in that game were playing for a reputable private school, recruited.  It isn't a scrub team.  It's just that HS teams aren't, generally, built to deal with a 7'5 bruiser inside.

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 09:52:32 AM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
I gotta say I was surprised by the video.  He clearly has good coordination for a man his size.  His shot form was good and he had bank/hook shots away from the rim.  Clearly he was playing against talent notches and sizes below him.  I still think the raw talent is there and any NBA team will take him.

As one poster before me said, though, I'm most concerned about him going to UC Irvine.  It may be him trying to stay close to home but at the end of the day he won't be playing against competition that will get him ready for the NBA

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 09:57:27 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
“I’m really excited for what this kid can be. He’s not there yet, but he’s overwhelmingly big. And, he can guard the rim. There’s a restricted area we’re going to call ‘The Mamadou’ and that’s where he’s going.”
Translation from scout-speak: he doesn't know the first thing about playing basketball, but he can chew gum and walk at the same time, and hey -- he's tall!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 10:09:33 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
He's already got Bird's habit of wiping off the bottom of his shoes--must be legit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-CThQskBM

how much would you pay to be this dude in a high school basketball game just once? I think if push came to shove i'd pay more than i'd like to admit.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 11:54:38 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
how much would you pay to be this dude in a high school basketball game just once? I think if push came to shove i'd pay more than i'd like to admit.
Why would I want do to this? I have no pleasure winning in noncompetitive situations.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
its just high school..they could have put in a golden rule for just him scince it was cleary unfair and he didn't really show much talent...they could of just told him no dunking or lay ups and made him work on his jumper and hook shot...that was sad to watch.

And he crouches down WAY too ow for his height smh

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 11:23:46 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Assuming the guy is actually HS age, he certainly has the height and the frame to be an NBA player some day.  Obviously he needs a lot of work, but moves well, has giant hands that can catch the ball, etc. If Roy Hibbert can max himself into a franchise center, he can if he has the work ethic and stays healthy. 

He's no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp_SzdYd2gs

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Why would I want do to this? I have no pleasure winning in noncompetitive situations.

Is there anything you don't naysay?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 11:43:36 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
He's already got Bird's habit of wiping off the bottom of his shoes--must be legit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-CThQskBM

I love how they threw in the clip of him missing the putback dunk. hahahahahahah. That cracked me up.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
That video was a train wreck. There were multiple things that were sorta painful to see. I don't know but he did look about 37. Also there's just something about him going up against a bunch of Asian high school kids half his height.  And then when he left he almost hit his head on the doorway.   I feel like he was going to cry.
The high school kids he were playing in that game were playing for a reputable private school, recruited.  It isn't a scrub team.  It's just that HS teams aren't, generally, built to deal with a 7'5 bruiser inside.
I also didn't think he looked old at all. Just tall.

He had much better footwork than I expected. Of course, footwork is easier when you don't have to worry about a defender challenging your shot and no one is strong enough to hold their ground against you.

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 12:19:46 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Considering that a lot of NBA 7 footers have no offensive game to speak of, I'm not going to micro-analyse this kid's low post game.  All I look at when I evaluate a super tall young big is if he can move well, has an athletic frame, and has decent instincts for the ball.  He seems to have all that, although he's not a freak athlete like an Hakeem. 

I number of years ago, I tried to help a HS prospect from Africa get to a school in the US.  He was 7'2" and 280 pounds and moved well.  It didn't work out do to visa issues, although I lined up full rides for the kid at two very good prep schools, sight unseen. True seven footers are in demand.  According to the CDC, there are only 70 American males between 20-40 that are 7 feet or taller. An American 7 footer has a 15% or better chance of making an NBA paycheck, For someone 2-3 inches shorter, that number shrinks to an astronomically low percentage.   

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 12:33:09 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Considering that a lot of NBA 7 footers have no offensive game to speak of, I'm not going to micro-analyse this kid's low post game.  All I look at when I evaluate a super tall young big is if he can move well, has an athletic frame, and has decent instincts for the ball.  He seems to have all that, although he's not a freak athlete like an Hakeem. 

I number of years ago, I tried to help a HS prospect from Africa get to a school in the US.  He was 7'2" and 280 pounds and moved well.  It didn't work out do to visa issues, although I lined up full rides for the kid at two very good prep schools, sight unseen. True seven footers are in demand.  According to the CDC, there are only 70 American males between 20-40 that are 7 feet or taller. An American 7 footer has a 15% or better chance of making an NBA paycheck, For someone 2-3 inches shorter, that number shrinks to an astronomically low percentage.   
TP for the stats. And for agreeing with me on his ability to move.

I suspect that some people are discounting him because he doesn't look like a star center. I feel like just making the NBA is already a great success, and, barring injury, I think this kid has an excellent shot. He can even play 4 years of college if he needs it. I'm sure many people here can attest to how much better they played after college than before college, and that was without D1 trainers, coaching and competition.

I hope he gets some chances to play against strong 7 footers so that he can develop some moves for when he can't get all the way to the rim or the backboard. Catching the passes to the post is also way to easy for him with the size of defenders. He doesn't really have to seal off defenders on those lobs to the post. It can give the illusion of having better hands than he really does have.

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 01:30:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Is there anything you don't naysay?
There is plenty -- just pay more attention. But I'm genuinely curious what type of person would enjoy pushing around people half his size -- I certainly won't.

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 01:33:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Guys over 7'2" are usually brittle and have short careers not to mention shorter lives.