Author Topic: This team will go on a run, fooling a lot of fans in the process...  (Read 1663 times)

Re: This team will go on a run, fooling a lot of fans in the process...
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
what in the world is wrong with people? lol

What if we are BOSTON CELTICS fans and not JUST Rondo fans. It's like people who get mad because I'm not iN LOVE with Paul Pierce.

If we make it up the ladder (I don't see 5th seed, but even 6th), what is the issue in that? If we make it to the 2nd round, haven't we overachieved already???

And then if we make it to ECF, only to get swept, shouldn't we STILL find some positivity in that? I don't think we're better without Rondo, but I think we have the tools and talent necessary to make an adjustment that works. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT???

No

uh, considering everyone is calling for a first round exit for us, I think that's over achieving. Just like last year...I don't care what anyone says. We overachieved -- how many of you knew of a Ryan Hollins or Greg Steimsa year before last?

I really don't understand the snarky, condescending attitude people have for those who are optimistic.

We did exactly what we should have done last year. Losing before meeting the heat would have been underachieving. We had the eastern conference finals laid out for us on a silver plater.

We had no business losing before meeting the heat thanks to rose going down. We lost to who we were supposed to lose too, the miami heat.

The point is, we ain't winning a championship this year so it makes little sense to just keep this roster intact especially if we have the opportunity to make a move that would better our team going forward.

there's not a move out there that gets me giddy. Lots of people want Rudy Gay who went 3 for 17 last night. For all that I can keep PP and JG.

Many want Pau who's soft and unaggressive. I can keep JG, Bass and Sully for all that.

Some want a bunch of 2nd or 3rd tier guys. Gortat. Mozgov. I like Gortat but Sully pretty much had his way with him.

People want DMC but he's not being given up, and that's a risk. A huge risk that I'm not sure this system wants to take. A system built on Ubuntu.

With that being said, what happens if we are the 8th seed, Heat are 1st and we knock em out first round?

I totally understand that Boston is made for Banners. But Banner 18 wasn't coming with our without Rondo, honestly. I think this injury means A LOT has to change, and change for the better.

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

What if we are BOSTON CELTICS fans and not JUST Rondo fans. It's like people who get mad because I'm not iN LOVE with Paul Pierce.

If we make it up the ladder (I don't see 5th seed, but even 6th), what is the issue in that? If we make it to the 2nd round, haven't we overachieved already???

And then if we make it to ECF, only to get swept, shouldn't we STILL find some positivity in that? I don't think we're better without Rondo, but I think we have the tools and talent necessary to make an adjustment that works. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT???

No

uh, considering everyone is calling for a first round exit for us, I think that's over achieving. Just like last year...I don't care what anyone says. We overachieved -- how many of you knew of a Ryan Hollins or Greg Steimsa year before last?

I really don't understand the snarky, condescending attitude people have for those who are optimistic.

We did exactly what we should have done last year. Losing before meeting the heat would have been underachieving. We had the eastern conference finals laid out for us on a silver plater.

We had no business losing before meeting the heat thanks to rose going down. We lost to who we were supposed to lose too, the miami heat.

The point is, we ain't winning a championship this year so it makes little sense to just keep this roster intact especially if we have the opportunity to make a move that would better our team going forward.

there's not a move out there that gets me giddy. Lots of people want Rudy Gay who went 3 for 17 last night. For all that I can keep PP and JG.

Many want Pau who's soft and unaggressive. I can keep JG, Bass and Sully for all that.

Some want a bunch of 2nd or 3rd tier guys. Gortat. Mozgov. I like Gortat but Sully pretty much had his way with him.

People want DMC but he's not being given up, and that's a risk. A huge risk that I'm not sure this system wants to take. A system built on Ubuntu.

With that being said, what happens if we are the 8th seed, Heat are 1st and we knock em out first round?

I totally understand that Boston is made for Banners. But Banner 18 wasn't coming with our without Rondo, honestly. I think this injury means A LOT has to change, and change for the better.

Nice to see you aren't totally lost here. I was beginning to suspect otherwise.

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 05:40:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

No

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing the Celts win a couple of playoff series this year.