Author Topic: Garden among the worst home courts among playoff teams  (Read 11471 times)

Re: Garden among the worst home courts among playoff teams
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »

Offline mattstermh

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
The horn noise that plays is such an excitement killer...there should not be any noise in the arena except Let's go Celtics and defense.

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 11:32:04 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
The horn noise that plays is such an excitement killer...there should not be any noise in the arena except Let's go Celtics and defense.

Agreed... They've put una super loud PA system in the last 5 years which drowns out crowd noise.  Here's to louder crowds in round 2 and beyond. Let's go Celtics!

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 11:42:28 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Atlanta may have had more fans cheering for the C's in games.
Whats awesome is the Celtics have such a large fan base across the nation.

When I see the C's play (in Indiana)im always so suprised to see so many green and white jerseys, its great.

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 11:46:36 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
For some reason, TV mic's never pick up crowd noise in the Garden.

If you attend a playoff game you will see...chants unprovoked most of the game. Not too much jumbotron puppetry.

It's all perception.

Actually, the Garden always seems louder on national TV. Maybe it's the way Comcast sets up their equipment.

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 11:47:25 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Also, KG has gone out of his way on several occasions since coming here to laud Boston fans for making the Garden a really touhg place to play in.

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 02:29:09 AM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183
If anyone needed any more evidence, here's a quote by Josh Smith after tonight's game:

"When you play in an environment like the Garden in Boston, they have some of the best fans in the whole entire league. Like I said before, I was a little jealous because the fans here are so supportive of their team. You go out, look in the stands there is nothing but Celtics jerseys. I don’t see a trace of red in there. Understanding that the fans are that passionate, it adds an extra advantage for them. A bad shot can be as good a turnover when you are playing against a team like Boston, especially with the fanbase they have.”"

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 03:14:40 AM »

Offline keepthefaith

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 22
I have been a season ticket holder since pierce's rookie year and have been to dozens of playoff games. I was there tonight and it was top ten loudest I have heard it get. It was rocking for that horford ft.

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 03:24:00 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
For some reason, TV mic's never pick up crowd noise in the Garden.

If you attend a playoff game you will see...chants unprovoked most of the game. Not too much jumbotron puppetry.

It's all perception.

Actually, the Garden always seems louder on national TV. Maybe it's the way Comcast sets up their equipment.

ABC, etc. they play with the noise so that the crowd is not loud through the tv. For example, the other day when the game was on NBA TV, the crowd was loud through the tv.

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 03:56:30 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I don't know why this bothers me so much but it makes it hard for me to watch the celts games.  There is no excitement at Celtic home games. The crowds at games nowadays are among the worst, if not the worst in the league.  They sit quietly throughout the game, cheering only when the celts score. The place used to rock before tipoff back in 2002-2004.  Now it is such a sterile environment. I prefer watching the celts play on the road just for the atmosphere.  The Garden home court is an advantage only in reputation.  What a shame... Ok rant over

That's because in 2002-2004 the only people who went were core fans. Still, it is far from the worst arena in the league...This kind of happens when you always win an make deep playoff runs.

What crowd is worse? Not even LA has a quieter crowd

Atlanta for starters...I could name at least 10 more.

Name them. The Atlanta crowds have been 10X rowdier than the Boston crowds in the playoffs and its not even close. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
Wow, don't agree at all.

Charlotte, Sacramento, New Orleans, Atlanta, Portland, Washington, Minnesota, Toronto, Detroit ... even Memphis and Orlando, (at times), are all way worse crowds than The Garden.

Seriously?!?

Not even close.

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 05:10:20 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Living in Australia i dont have the opportunity to get to any games and Iv promised myself that one day im gonna get over there and see a Celtics game live.

this would be my reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fUvtRblfEg&feature=fvst

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 06:44:33 AM »

Offline myteamisbetterthanyours

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 31
I don't know why this bothers me so much but it makes it hard for me to watch the celts games.  There is no excitement at Celtic home games. The crowds at games nowadays are among the worst, if not the worst in the league.  They sit quietly throughout the game, cheering only when the celts score. The place used to rock before tipoff back in 2002-2004.  Now it is such a sterile environment. I prefer watching the celts play on the road just for the atmosphere.  The Garden home court is an advantage only in reputation.  What a shame... Ok rant over

That's because in 2002-2004 the only people who went were core fans. Still, it is far from the worst arena in the league...This kind of happens when you always win an make deep playoff runs.

What crowd is worse? Not even LA has a quieter crowd

Atlanta for starters...I could name at least 10 more.

Name them. The Atlanta crowds have been 10X rowdier than the Boston crowds in the playoffs and its not even close. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

LOL Atlanta crowds 10x "rowdier"?  Half the people in the crowd at Atlanta were Celtics fans.. I have no clue which playoff series you were watching..

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 06:45:45 AM »

Offline myteamisbetterthanyours

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 31
If anyone needed any more evidence, here's a quote by Josh Smith after tonight's game:

"When you play in an environment like the Garden in Boston, they have some of the best fans in the whole entire league. Like I said before, I was a little jealous because the fans here are so supportive of their team. You go out, look in the stands there is nothing but Celtics jerseys. I don’t see a trace of red in there. Understanding that the fans are that passionate, it adds an extra advantage for them. A bad shot can be as good a turnover when you are playing against a team like Boston, especially with the fanbase they have.”"

^^^ This