Author Topic: Rondo,Wilcox, for Amare  (Read 7793 times)

Re: Rondo,Wilcox, for Amare
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 08:21:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
Amare needs a point guard to get him the ball? Just because he played with steve nash doesn't make that true. Did everone miss last year when he rattled off like  20 30 point games in a row with ____________ as the starting pg?

If any thing he doesn't need a pg, throw him the ball and get out of the way.

Not that I would do this trade but thought people were being sarcastic when I first saw that comment
That is my sentiment exactly and I actually think this trade makes the team much more likely to win a title this year.  Amare is exactly the type of player that would fit on this team.  And I'm not sure I'd call him injury prone as he has played at least 78 games in 4 of the last 5 seasons (including the last two).  The injury prone player in that trade is Rondo who is coming off of a 68 game season and is currently injured and missing a lot of games.  

Amare makes this team better this year and going forward.  He is a dynamic scorer, credible rebounder, and an underrated defender (he is actually playing pretty solid defense this year playing next to Chandler and in his more natural PF position).  I'd make that trade in a second.  

So Rondo, who has also played in at least 77/78 games the last 4 seasons out of 5, is injury prone...but Amare isn't? Rondo no doubt has been injured a lot this past year, but that doesn't mean he'll be that way the rest of his career.
Rondo is more injury prone than Amare right now.  Rondo is currently hurt and was hurt last year, and with different injuries.  Amare is not currently hurt, wasn't hurt last year, or the year before.  So, yes, if I'm calling one of those two players injury prone, it would be Rondo, the one that is currently hurt.

Maybe if you said "currently hurt" a few more times in that paragraph you'd make a good case. I guess you missed the Knicks in the playoffs last year, or perhaps you were one of the few people who didn't notice that Amare was,er, playing hurt last year?
and yet he didn't hardly miss any games, while Rondo missed 14 and was playing hurt for many more and then got hurt again in the playoffs and again this year.  Under pretty much any definition of the word that is injury prone i.e. multiple different injuries and rarely playing healthy.  That is Rondo. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Amare needs a point guard to get him the ball? Just because he played with steve nash doesn't make that true. Did everone miss last year when he rattled off like  20 30 point games in a row with ____________ as the starting pg?

If any thing he doesn't need a pg, throw him the ball and get out of the way.

Not that I would do this trade but thought people were being sarcastic when I first saw that comment
That is my sentiment exactly and I actually think this trade makes the team much more likely to win a title this year.  Amare is exactly the type of player that would fit on this team.  And I'm not sure I'd call him injury prone as he has played at least 78 games in 4 of the last 5 seasons (including the last two).  The injury prone player in that trade is Rondo who is coming off of a 68 game season and is currently injured and missing a lot of games.  

Amare makes this team better this year and going forward.  He is a dynamic scorer, credible rebounder, and an underrated defender (he is actually playing pretty solid defense this year playing next to Chandler and in his more natural PF position).  I'd make that trade in a second.  

So Rondo, who has also played in at least 77/78 games the last 4 seasons out of 5, is injury prone...but Amare isn't? Rondo no doubt has been injured a lot this past year, but that doesn't mean he'll be that way the rest of his career.
Rondo is more injury prone than Amare right now.  Rondo is currently hurt and was hurt last year, and with different injuries.  Amare is not currently hurt, wasn't hurt last year, or the year before.  So, yes, if I'm calling one of those two players injury prone, it would be Rondo, the one that is currently hurt.

Maybe if you said "currently hurt" a few more times in that paragraph you'd make a good case. I guess you missed the Knicks in the playoffs last year, or perhaps you were one of the few people who didn't notice that Amare was,er, playing hurt last year?
and yet he didn't hardly miss any games, while Rondo missed 14 and was playing hurt for many more and then got hurt again in the playoffs and again this year.  Under pretty much any definition of the word that is injury prone i.e. multiple different injuries and rarely playing healthy.  That is Rondo. 

Sure, Rondo missed some games last year, but he'd probably have to miss a few entire seasons to get into Amare's ballpark. You're saying that Amare isn't injury prone because he didn't miss many games even though he was injured, but Rondo's injury prone because, you guessed it, he was hurt in some of the games he didn't miss. You must be fairly confident that Rondo's more injury prone under any definition since you seem to be using multiple definitions of the word in the same sentence. I would assume that's because you had no idea that Amare had injury problems last year until it was pointed out to you.

By the way, which of Rondo's injuries are more likely to impact the rest of his career than Amare's knee? Which one is more likely to be career threatening than Amare's retina issue?

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
My only question is could this possibly make us a better team this year, and could we compete for a title if we could somehow pick up a solid veteran Point. Lets say we pick up George Hill from the Pacers for a pick.
 Amare, Steamroller
 KG, Brandon Bass
 Pierce, Pietrus
 Ray, A Bradley
 George Hill, Dooling, Douglas
Rather do a trade for Mo Williams

Amare, Stinksma
KG, Bass
Pierce
Ray, Sasha
Williams, Douglas
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!