Author Topic: Could We Use Indiana's Interest in David West to make a Chris Paul Deal Work?  (Read 7691 times)

Offline RajonRondOWNED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
Paul doesn't even want to come to Boston. So he will obviously not resign. Why do you guys want to get rid of Rondo to rent Paul?

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25587
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Paul doesn't even want to come to Boston. So he will obviously not resign. Why do you guys want to get rid of Rondo to rent Paul?

Where would he sign instead?  He can't go to the Lakers or Knicks, unless he's going to leave tens of millions of dollars on the table to take a MLE (or mini-MLE) deal.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline RajonRondOWNED

• Jaylen Brown

Where would he sign instead?  He can't go to the Lakers or Knicks, unless he's going to leave tens of millions of dollars on the table to take a MLE (or mini-MLE) deal.

It's not like teams can't trade to dump salary next off season.

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Well the Knicks can't with Amare melo and chandler. The lakers probably can't if they acquire howard. They'd need to throw gasol and bynum at orlando and basically throw away this season to do that deal.

That being said. I don't want chris paul anymore. That ship has sailed. Especially now that howard won't make it to free agency.

It's not like teams can't trade to dump salary next off season.

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
sorry - I don't want to do that deal - rondo and west plus green and JJJ are better than a one year rental on paul.  Get the david West deal done!

I agree. I just can't wait to see Rondo work with this team. And he actually has a solid point to relieve him so he doesn't break down.

I think the C's want to spread the other teams out, let Rondo pick the best match up to go too and work it till it drys out, then move on to the next.

And Rondo is going to have some thing to prove to. The way things are going we will see a Rondo/CP3 match up in the first week. I think thats why CP3 wants to get to LA ASAP. Doesn't want to wrath of Rondo to make him look less valuable! Just kidding, sort of:D

Offline RajonRondOWNED

• Jaylen Brown
I would be surprised to see Paul stay in NO and do a sign and trade next off season so NO get's something out of him.

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17

There is alot we dont know in many of those deals.

1. The agencies - what kind of kickbacks  / offshore deals the agencies do with players who seemingly take lower deals.

2. The amount of contact between the Lakers, Paul and Howard where they have tried to collude a deal whilst pretending to let the process work.

I was willing to have Boston take on CP3 without an extension. If and when the Lakers get Howard, there is no way I would trade Rondo for him without getting at least a 3 year deal.

Maybe the deal to be made is totally left field and something none of us have considered.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Mavericks are clearing room, so they'd come after him hard.

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I want West *and* Paul.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=51148.0

;)
Roy that trade would be tremendous. I'm pretty luke warm on my proposal, and I think it makes sense to have David West in Boston to help Paul warm up to the place. I just don't think that is enough to get Paul, and I think all the analysts view that deal as inferior to the package coming from LA and HOU. But we'll see, you never know.

Roy's idea is good, however, why would the NBA let this deal go through, when the LA/HOU deal was actually a better one for everyone involved? I think that's what a lot of people are missing from this whole CP3 saga. That was probably the best return the Hornets would get for Paul and the NBA wouldn't sign off. Its absolutely fair value and I wouldn't be shocked if NO agreed to it, but Stern and the 29 other owners would probably veto. I'm assuming that Dan Gilbert, Dr. Buss, and Rockets ownership wouldn't be jumping through hoops to deliver us two all stars.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
dont want chris paul... i would prefer to just deal for west.

Ditto.

Also, since the Lakers are out... And the Clippers "refuse" to give up Gordon, that leaves the Celtics as the only team with a shot at Chris Paul? I don't think thats true at all. And we could never get away with only trading Rondo and a few minor young guys for a player like Paul.

Online LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 399
I like the OPs idea. Let's trade Rondo to the Pacers. The Pacers get an elite-level PG, get David West. Hornets get the young players they covet aka the young players that would be good enough for Stern (guys like Paul George), and we get CP3 to play with the big 3.

even if he doesn't sign a rental now, i think Celtics culture is something you need to experience. It's not enough to just hear about it. You have to live it to truly understand it. I think if CP3 gets a taste, he will re-sign. especially if we have cap space and are able to sign DH12 next year, and resign KG and Allen to very friendly deals.
- LilRip