Author Topic: If we keep the Big three+Rondo for next year..which starting Centers can we get?  (Read 13137 times)

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
BTW, is center the most pressing acquisition for this team?

JO and Shaq are both under contract. Extend Krstic for one more year, Ainge could use the MLE to address the need for bench scoring or a legit PF who can rebound and play D.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
I loved how everyone was saying that DA is going after Howard once the Perk trade happened.  I don't think he's targeting Howard whatsoever.

For me, I still believe he's targeting one guy to come play with the core 4. He's going to have company though in trying to land him this next offseason (if the labor agreement goes through).

Samuel Dalembert.  Welcome to Boston

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I loved how everyone was saying that DA is going after Howard once the Perk trade happened.  I don't think he's targeting Howard whatsoever.

For me, I still believe he's targeting one guy to come play with the core 4. He's going to have company though in trying to land him this next offseason (if the labor agreement goes through).

Dollars and minutes being equal, is there any reason why Dalembert chooses Boston over sunny Miami, which is a mere 90 minute flight from his native Haiti?

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Dollars and minutes being equal, is there any reason why Dalembert chooses Boston over sunny Miami, which is a mere 90 minute flight from his native Haiti?
Cause he's not evil?  If I were him I'd try not to play for New Jersey even though that place is 90 minutes from where I live even if they had an awesome team....well I would cause I'm evil, but would you

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

If Dalembert watched last night's game....

If Dalembert has visions beyond his current contract...The last place he'd want to be is in a situation where he'd play 35mpg and not a soul would ever notice.  

In Boston, he'd take a lot of Perk's role.  Perk was anything but invisible.  

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118

He's tired of being abused by Garnett ?

Aftershocks make him less likely to visit Haiti more than twice per year ?

I think it will be a bidding war with a lot of teams involved to be honest. I see him choosing teams like NY or Boston over Miami.

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

If Dalembert has visions beyond his current contract...The last place he'd want to be is in a situation where he'd play 35mpg and not a soul would ever notice.  

They'd certainly notice him on defense in Miami. He'd lead the league in blocks down there.

Maybe you're right. I just don't see it, though.

One last, full MLE contract for the next 5 years, on a contending team, in a city with the kind of perks that Miami has: that's a terrific package for Dalembert.

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
 Jermaine at the MLE was fair, given that it was only two years.

In what way?  He tanked most of the season.

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

They'd certainly notice him on defense in Miami. He'd lead the league in blocks down there.

Maybe you're right. I just don't see it, though.

One last, full MLE contract for the next 5 years, on a contending team, in a city with the kind of perks that Miami has: that's a terrific package for Dalembert.

I agree.  Dalembert would be a great fit for Miami.  They need a center more than they need a PG, and Dalembert does all the things they need (rebound, play D, get up and down the court a bit).  Unless someone offers him a lot more than the MLE, I'd be surprised if he doesn't land in South Beach as well.

That's why this year was so critical; Miami's going to keep spending whatever they can to build out the team.  Short of LeBron or Wade getting hurt, they're probably going to be a better team twelve months from now than they are today.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550

JO and Shaq are both under contract. Extend Krstic for one more year, Ainge could use the MLE to address the need for bench scoring or a legit PF who can rebound and play D.
I hope we don't bring Kristic back.  He is the absolute least athletic player in the NBA and is totally useless for a team like this.  We need to get more athletic, especially up front.

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

I hope we don't bring Kristic back.  He is the absolute least athletic player in the NBA and is totally useless for a team like this.  We need to get more athletic, especially up front.

You could do worse as a third center than Krstic, but if you have any plans of him seeing rotation minutes then we're in a lot of trouble.  The team's success over the past four years has been predicated on great defense, starting from the interior, and that's 100% contrary to Krstic's game. 

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Your starting center for next year is Jermaine O'Neal. If this team stays intact, I don't see any major pieces being added, other than maybe a backup power forward.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I think the odds of a center on the same team as Wade and LeBron leading the league in blocks is fairly low.

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
As I posted something last year (and someone earlier posted in this thread), Deandre Jordan.  We actually had a chance to draft him a couple of years ago but didn't.  We should have made a run for him before he blew up this year while they had Chris "the great white hope" Kaman pegged as their starter.  He would be a perfect, big body, athletic, long type of player that Rondo could set up for 5 alleyoops a game.  They need a small forward, give them Green and Baby or whoever.  Just go get him.  Perfect for Rondo moving forward.

Offline celty86

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
I would guess a power forward to back up KG and allow him to swing to the 5 spot. The question is will it be any easier for Ainge to afford a decent power forward anymore than a center. O'Neil, Kristic and KG at center is what I see. Also how much more money can Miami spend to build out their team? Doesn't their Big 3 take up a decent amount of their cap?