Author Topic: STOP SHOOTING BIG BABY. Starting the club  (Read 18084 times)

Re: STOP SHOOTING BIG BABY. Starting the club
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 11:03:31 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315

If you haven't already joined.......haven't seen one player blow a 4th quarter for their team any harder all season. Unless he is wide open with a whole second or more to set the shot, he needs to put those butter-canons together and pass the [dang] ball along......i'd rather seen Rondo shooting for christs sake.....sorry, just pretty p---ed I guess.....we needed this win badly! And he wasn't boxing out the entire 4th quarter especially. Shaq/Murphy can't get better any sooner.....I'd rather have freaking Murphy in there at this point.

How about you tell our Big 4 to grow some balls and take the shots down the stretch instead of kicking it to Baby at the last second?

A lot of times BB was clearly being a ballstopper and shooting with about 15 seconds left on the shot clock. He ended about 3 Celtics possessions in a row when we were still within 4 of the Hawks. I can't stand watching him in there right now, he just seems so selfish, even with the Big 4 in there. I don't understand why he thinks he should shoot and not give it to Pierce who is our best scorer when we need it most.

So I'm joining this club for good. I'd rather see us putting JO in there for the last 5 minutes if it means a defensive presence, which we needed while we let atlanta get a bunch of second chance points.

I'm ready to let BB walk after some team offers him a bloated contract...depending on the new CBA

TP...OP

I remember 1 of Baby's outside jumper was with 16 seconds left on the shot clock.

Another jumper he took was down on the box when we specifically went to Baby down on the box and he missed a turnaround fadeaway.

Now you tell me who is calling plays for Baby down on the box during crunch time in the 4th quarter?

And you tell me why is KG passing out to Baby for the open jumper, when KG had pretty good position in the paint for a jump hook or a point blank fall away shot?

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 11:08:24 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Baby took 11 shots tonight (36%), second most on the team. The best shooter to ever play the game took 9 shots. KG took 9. And the guy we traded for our "jack knife" on offense, Jeff Green took 5.

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 11:09:25 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 399
i posted this in the game thread but thought i'd post it here too:

even Hubie Brown ripped into BBD's shot selection. i don't remember the exact quote but it came when BBD shot the ball with 16 secs into the shot clock off a timeout off one pass and no play at around the 5 minute mark. something along the lines of ""that's a bad shot. players say 'well, i was open', well of course you're open. you haven't made any. and look at the other guys on the floor".

Pierce also took a quick 3 on the fastbreak after we came up with a turnover.

That was a worse shot because I felt the refs were going to give the call to Paul if he went to the cup.

but don't Pierce and Allen get a ton of their 3's from wide open looks on delayed transitions anyway?
- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 11:11:04 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Someone needs to shake the Baby!

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 11:12:13 PM »

Offline Datruthtakesover34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
im in the club, i am sick of his outside shooting he needs to stop

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 11:12:41 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
i posted this in the game thread but thought i'd post it here too:

even Hubie Brown ripped into BBD's shot selection. i don't remember the exact quote but it came when BBD shot the ball with 16 secs into the shot clock off a timeout off one pass and no play at around the 5 minute mark. something along the lines of ""that's a bad shot. players say 'well, i was open', well of course you're open. you haven't made any. and look at the other guys on the floor".

Pierce also took a quick 3 on the fastbreak after we came up with a turnover.

That was a worse shot because I felt the refs were going to give the call to Paul if he went to the cup.

but don't Pierce and Allen get a ton of their 3's from wide open looks on delayed transitions anyway?

Of course he does. So does Ray.

But the timing of that shot was just off.

We had more momentum on our side if Paul went to the basket.

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 11:19:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
In fairness, he's being asked to play too many minutes.  I also agree with what LB3533 says:  a lot of times, the other starters pass up open shots to swing the ball to BBD, with time running down on the shot clock.

(At the same time, there are plenty of times when he shoots fairly early in the clock.  Basically, BBD never met a shot he didn't like.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 11:22:54 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Count me in. I have had enough of his ball hogging. He took and bricked 3 straight shots down the stretch when every point was critical. The ball hit his hands, and he didn't even look to pass. He doesn't know his role. He doesn't rebound, defend, or set picks. All he does is shoot.

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
In fairness, he's being asked to play too many minutes.  I also agree with what LB3533 says:  a lot of times, the other starters pass up open shots to swing the ball to BBD, with time running down on the shot clock.

(At the same time, there are plenty of times when he shoots fairly early in the clock.  Basically, BBD never met a shot he didn't like.)

We have a lot of unselfish players on our team...it is also part of our offensive design...to spread the ball.

If Baby passes up shots like Rondo used to pass up a lot of open shots...we will have way more 24 second violations.

Baby is our defacto Eddie House...he's our end point guy. If he isn't shooting open shots, he's not playing his role.

We're not going to ask Baby to dribble and drive to the cup are we?

We're not going to ask Baby to be a play maker and make super sweet passes?

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 11:23:42 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 11:27:21 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
TP to Roy and LB3533 - Baby needs to learn to pass the ball if his hands feel cold and the All-Star Elite players need to shoot the ball and quit sending it to him with 2 seconds left on the clock. I think sometimes they send it to Baby because they know they will miss it and want their percentages to stay up, even though they know he'll prob. miss it with so little time.

I'm not going to join a 'club' to diss Baby because I think he's one of the Celtics best players (obviously coaches do too) and I find this thread is just one of the many 'Blame a player for the loss' threads that permeate when people are tired.

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 11:29:27 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Count me in. I have had enough of his ball hogging. He took and bricked 3 straight shots down the stretch when every point was critical. The ball hit his hands, and he didn't even look to pass. He doesn't know his role. He doesn't rebound, defend, or set picks. All he does is shoot.

^ This sums it up...if his shot isn't falling he is useless and if we can see this Doc should too and get this bum out of the game.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 11:30:30 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
TP to Roy and LB3533 - Baby needs to learn to pass the ball if his hands feel cold and the All-Star Elite players need to shoot the ball and quit sending it to him with 2 seconds left on the clock. I think sometimes they send it to Baby because they know they will miss it and want their percentages to stay up, even though they know he'll prob. miss it with so little time.

I'm not going to join a 'club' to diss Baby because I think he's one of the Celtics best players (obviously coaches do too) and I find this thread is just one of the many 'Blame a player for the loss' threads that permeate when people are tired.

When you lose or when things are not going well...you look towards your best player or your head coach.

You don't look first at a bench role player.

And right now, we are asking Baby to be something more than he is not.

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2011, 11:32:43 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

You really expect people to believe that these 3 Hall of Fame players intentionally pass the ball to BBD so that thier shooting percentages don’t drop?! That’s a pretty ridiculous statement even for someone who can’t say anything negative about a guy with huge flaws. Maybe they expect the guy to make a wide open shot with no one around him?!

They need to put someone in there who can shoot with a decent percentage. Someone who actually can rebound as well. Once Shaq is back and JO gets his wind back we won’t see a whole lot of BBD thankfully...

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2011, 11:33:11 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Someone needs to shake the Baby!

You want to kill him? ;)

A toddler is dead after police say she was violently shaken. The 19-month-old girl died at Methodist Hospital Thursday. Shelbyville police have not made any arrests in the toddler's death, but they do have a person of interest.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi