Author Topic: Throwing away the season  (Read 6235 times)

Throwing away the season
« on: March 23, 2011, 10:12:22 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
And I'm not even talking about the East.  I still think we can beat the Bulls or MIA without HCA. ANd you know what, even if we lost to one of those teams, it wouldn't be devastating (just real real bad). 

I'm talking about the lakers.  I will say it right now.  We cannot beat them without HCA.  It (not Perks injury) was the single biggest reason we lost last year.  If we make it that far without HCA, the result will be no different.  Now THAT, would be devasting time 1000.

So go ahead and call me chicken little.  Yes, I am emotional after a loss.  But in the end, it is about winning a title.  And at this rate, it ain't happening against the lakers withour HCA.

Re: Throwing away the season
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:14:07 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I agree with you somewhat.  Not having HCA in the ECF (and possibly the second round) hurts, but that can be overcome.  The real issue is not having HCA in the Finals, where the 2-3-2 format is a real killer for the road team.

It's very frustrating to see that the team was so close to getting HCA through the playoffs (unless we faced SA in the finals) and now they're probably going to be on the road if they make it to the ECF and beyond.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 10:15:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25588
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If this team gels, I think they can beat the Lakers in LA.

However, team cohesion / chemistry or whatever word you want to use still remains my biggest concern.  The team just isn't playing as a unit right now, and it's going to be a tall task getting back up to full playing speed.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:19:03 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I worry about the chemistry but I'm still not sure anybody beats us 4 out of 7. I also don't think the Lakers automatically win the west.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 10:21:25 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 741
  • MASTER OF PANIC
at this point..i am not sure they can beat miami and the bulls to even get to the lakers. I fully expect boston to be the 3 seed and having to win at miami and then at chicago..i just think that is too much for this team this year

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'm absolutely not okay with losing to MIA. The only team I might be okay with losing to is the Bulls and that's only if they go on to win it all.

This team had HCA through the playoffs (save vs. the Spurs) in its back pocket. Getting rid of our starting center and destroying team chemistry eradicated that.

I just don't know what to think anymore...

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 10:26:23 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Believe in Boston
I worry about the chemistry but I'm still not sure anybody beats us 4 out of 7. I also don't think the Lakers automatically win the west.

have you been watching the Lakers lately??  See them beat every good team recently, including the Spurs by 30 (till garbage time).  No one is coming close to them in the West.  Actually OKC now has the best shot against them, but that match up probally wont materialize.  Oh well   Spurs- fraud   Mavs- Fraud  and the list goes on,  its OKC or no one
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'm absolutely not okay with losing to MIA. The only team I might be okay with losing to is the Bulls and that's only if they go on to win it all.

This team had HCA through the playoffs (save vs. the Spurs) in its back pocket. Getting rid of our starting center and destroying team chemistry eradicated that.

Don't blame this on the trade.

The team was on track to get the #1 seed in the east even without Perk.  This is not about Perk. 

The "starting center" we've lost that has "hurt our chemistry" (at least on the court) is Shaq.  Our team was truly dominant early in the semester with Shaq starting and playing well 20-25 minutes a night.  Since then, we've been on a gradual downward spiral to the point we're at now.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney

The team was on track to get the #1 seed in the east even without Perk.  This is not about Perk. 

The "starting center" we've lost that has "hurt our chemistry" (at least on the court) is Shaq.  Our team was truly dominant early in the semester with Shaq starting and playing well 20-25 minutes a night.  Since then, we've been on a gradual downward spiral to the point we're at now.

It is the trade. And no one can tell my ANY different.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 10:28:49 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

TP. Shaq made us a different team. JO that second stretch right before he got hurt wasn't playing too poorly either...

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I said it right after the trade and will say it again, too many new players to integrate in too short a time, loss of toughness, and no real center with the O'Neal's out is what will doom this team.

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:17 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

It is the trade. And no one can tell my ANY different.

I think he just did...

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:58 PM »

Offline throwedoff

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Lol at some of you overreacting "fans" ya'll stay salty over every loss. Ya'll seem to forget that in any playoff series if you win either one of the first 2 games in the series you can obtain homecourt advantage but I guess this team cant win on the road huh??

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 10:30:05 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
I said it right after the trade and will say it again, too many new players to integrate in too short a time, loss of toughness, and no real center with the O'Neal's out is what will doom this team.

This.

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 10:30:29 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
We have no Center.

Krstic is not a center, he is an invisible piece of paper.

We are playing 4v5 every single night, plus nobody on the team cares about winning until the playoffs start, do you honestly expect them to play at full speed right before the playoffs?

I would rather beat LA and CHI in front of their own fans anyways.

The better team always wins, regardless of HCA.

Once Shaq and JO come back, we will actually have someone in the middle. Right now were playing 4v5.