Author Topic: Tom Jackson just blew it! Steelers will win.  (Read 6454 times)

Re: Tom Jackson just blew it! Steelers will win.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Hehe, now some Steeler fans are claiming conspiracy:

The referees were terrible as always, making calls that were unnecessary and letting penalties go when they should have made a call. The last play of the Steelers final drive being the most flagrant. That was pass interference of epic proportions but of course since Roger Goodell hates the Steelers so do the referees. All of the official that worked during the Super Bowl should lose their jobs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-7798630

It's always funny to watch other fan bases go through the exact same thought processes that some do over here.  There is a conspiracy against (and for) every team in every league, apparently.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 12:04:57 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hehe, now some Steeler fans are claiming conspiracy:

The referees were terrible as always, making calls that were unnecessary and letting penalties go when they should have made a call. The last play of the Steelers final drive being the most flagrant. That was pass interference of epic proportions but of course since Roger Goodell hates the Steelers so do the referees. All of the official that worked during the Super Bowl should lose their jobs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-7798630

It's always funny to watch other fan bases go through the exact same thought processes that some do over here.  There is a conspiracy against (and for) every team in every league, apparently.

The "most flagrant" wrong call was the alleged pass interference?  That was "pass interference of epic proportions"?

I've watched that play probably a dozen times, and I don't see any pass interference there.  If that was the worst call the refs made all game, I'd say they did a pretty good job.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 12:21:46 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 622
Maybe not PI, but the personal foul that cost them 15 yards was a very bad call.

I hate the packers as much as LA, but I have to say they proved me wrong and did what I never thought they could do with teddy running the show. So um...here it goes....
Congrats GB, you earned it.

No excuse while I go cut my hands off, they are unclean from typing such a thing.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 12:30:08 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
It was a good non-call on that 4th down.  That wasn't pass intereference and if that is what Steelers fans are crying about today, then too bad for them.  You can't turnover the ball multiple times in the SB and expect them to win.  The Mendenhall fumble was huge.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team