Author Topic: Billups back in Boston ?  (Read 11236 times)

Re: Billups back in Boston ?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Haha Trade Machine is possibly the worst invention since the Atomic Bomb
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 06:32:44 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Well I would think he wants another shot a winning a title so we will see. I hope this goes through cause who knows maybe we get billups and turn around trade JO and bring Rahseed back?! lol just saying I would hope this happens to have a shot at getting Billups. Although I would be surprised to see the Nets trade for him if they know he is seeking a buyout. But I will be interested to see what happens!

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
Well I would think he wants another shot a winning a title so we will see. I hope this goes through cause who knows maybe we get billups and turn around trade JO and bring Rahseed back?! lol just saying I would hope this happens to have a shot at getting Billups. Although I would be surprised to see the Nets trade for him if they know he is seeking a buyout. But I will be interested to see what happens!

Billups already got a title. It seems playing and retiring in his hometown of Denver is his desire now.

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 08:59:20 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435

Billups already got a title. It seems playing and retiring in his hometown of Denver is his desire now.

Perhaps but being the winner he is, I think he would worry about retiring in Denver in a few years. If he had the chance to win this year with Boston/LA/Miami I think he is taking that chance, and knowing he is good friends with KG I think he would consider coming here for a run at it. Its bit of a dream but you think that we could turn around and trade Nate for something I would be happy with that. I mean I am a big Nate supporter but if we had the chance off

Rondo/Billups
Ray/West/Billups/Wafer
Pierce/Daniels/Ray
KG/BBD/Harangody
Shaq/Perk/Semi

and who knows what trade value of Nate is but hey I would enjoy it!
Daniels

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 09:14:25 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
If I were Chauncey I'd go to Miami or can't believe I'm saying this... LA.  Let's hope that's not what he's thinking. 
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2011, 09:34:28 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I still don't understand why anyone thinks that Billups wants to come here.  Yeah, he's buddies with KG, but that's not enough to overcome the fact that he'll be backing up Rondo, who is going to command 35+ mpg come the playoffs.  And even if he were to get all the minutes that Rondo and Ray don't play, he still won't be on the floor down the stretch.  

I don't see why he settles for that when he could start and play a big role in Miami or LA.  

It sucks, but that's the reality.  

Let's hope that he isn't moved and/or bought out.  

I think the only good news is that I don't see the Nets buying Billups out.  The whole point in acquiring him is to make the Nets good enough to appease Carmelo.  Waiving someone the caliber of Billups doesn't fit that logic.

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 09:40:32 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I still don't understand why anyone thinks that Billups wants to come here.  Yeah, he's buddies with KG, but that's not enough to overcome the fact that he'll be backing up Rondo, who is going to command 35+ mpg come the playoffs.  And even if he were to get all the minutes that Rondo and Ray don't play, he still won't be on the floor down the stretch.  

I don't see why he settles for that when he could start and play a big role in Miami or LA.  

I think the only good news is that I don't see the Nets buying Billups out.  The whole point in acquiring him is to make the Nets good enough to appease Carmelo.  Waiving someone the caliber of Billups doesn't fit that logic.

It could be possible that he just doesn't want to play with Bron, Wade or Kobe.

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 09:47:14 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I do not want to see Billups as a free agent during this season.

He could help to many other top teams (like Miami, Lakers, NY, Atlanta, and Orlando{they could then trade Nelson for a big man})

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 09:48:32 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

I think the only good news is that I don't see the Nets buying Billups out.  The whole point in acquiring him is to make the Nets good enough to appease Carmelo.  Waiving someone the caliber of Billups doesn't fit that logic.

It could be possible that he just doesn't want to play with Bron, Wade or Kobe.

Maybe.  But that doesn't rule out LA, a return to Denver, or simply going to another team.  

However, if he's too proud to play in NJ, he has to be be too proud to come off the bench here.  

I mean to assume he'd come here because of KG is more or less equivalent to thinking there's a chance I'd quit my current teaching job to work at my friend's law firm as a janitor.  It's great he's friends with KG and all, but it doesn't mean he's willing to become a backup to play with him.  
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:55:29 PM by Jon »

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 10:10:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
a trade of billups for robinson, jermaine, and wafer works in trade machine.

then if sheed comes back and we sign a backup wing player our playoff roster would be:

rondo/billups/bradley
allen/west
pierce/daniels/FA
garnett/davis/harangody
perkins/shaq/sheed/erden

I would absolutely love if Denver said were blowing this thing up and we traded Nate JO and Avery Bradley for Billups. Would be a perfect backup on this team. As long as Perk came back healthy that would be such a good team!

Rondo/Billiups
Ray/West/Wafer
Pierce/Daniels
KG/BBD/Haragody
Shaq/Perk/Semi

Why would Denver make either of these trades? When making a trade you cant just make it for the benefit of the Celtics. You have to think about what the other team is looking for and what they are after. Denver wants, young talent, big expiring contracts, and draft picks to rebuild. Nate has the expiring but its off set with JO's 6 mil a year. And wafer or bradley would have no value to them.

And actually I lied... Nate doesnt even have an expiring, so this makes zero sense for Denver.

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 06:23:49 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Billups might get that final year fully guaranteed by the Nets,if so he will not ask to be bought out.