Author Topic: Worst NBA Owner?  (Read 7447 times)

Re: Worst NBA Owner?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 12:37:57 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Give MJ some time...

He's had time in two places and been equally inept in both.

But nobody is close to Sterling.  Nobody

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Fantasy Owner= Edgar and Po
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 01:37:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Clippers.

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 04:46:02 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
+1 on the clippers owner. They'll even sell their coach to earn a buck
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 05:33:29 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Sterling, there can't be any debate.

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 07:54:51 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
My wife used to teach at a private school where Sterling sent one of his kids, and apparently he's just as much of an ass IRL as we all assume.

Seriously, the dude mocks and heckles his own players. 

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Sterling, there can't be any debate.

Easily.  And I thought this before the recent "Beautiful Black Bodies" incident ( http://deadspin.com/5727545/last-nights-winner-donald-sterling-looking-at-those-beautiful-black-bodies ) and a link on that page made me look here ( http://deadspin.com/5398936/donald-sterling-continues-to-get-away-with-being-the-most-evil-man-in-sports ). Jesus, I was unaware of these incidents.  I thought this guy was the worst owner for how he has run the Clips, been unwilling to spend while he has made money off a losing team, and how he roots against and heckles his own players, but this guy literally seems to be the scum of the earth.  Disgusting.

If I was an NBA player I would never, EVER, play for this racist piece of trash.  When players get kicked from the league for poor showings of character or criminal acts it is absurd to me that this kind of thing can go on and Sterling still owns a team.  The NBA was so concerned over the years with players even looking like "thugs" in how they dress and they allow this guy to own a team? If anything can be done it should be.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:10:45 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 11:30:46 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Worst commenter is probably the person who sincerely answers anyone besides Donald Sterling

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Worst commenter is probably the person who sincerely answers anyone besides Donald Sterling

Amen

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 01:43:20 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Sterling.

I don't even read the other responses, because I know he's got to be the overwhelming answer in this thread.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 01:55:36 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I feel like we should just lock this thread and start a new one asking who is the second worst NBA owner.  Sterling just has no peers in the NBA, as an owner, or a person.

Agreed.  It's not even close. Watch in the next few years.  Blake and Gordon will begin to get this team on the right path and then Sterling will do something to screw it up once again.
do it

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 01:59:43 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I feel like we should just lock this thread and start a new one asking who is the second worst NBA owner.  Sterling just has no peers in the NBA, as an owner, or a person.

Agreed.  It's not even close. Watch in the next few years.  Blake and Gordon will begin to get this team on the right path and then Sterling will do something to screw it up once again.

If recent allegations are true I don't think you'll have to worry about Donald Sterling much longer.

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 02:01:27 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

If recent allegations are true I don't think you'll have to worry about Donald Sterling much longer.

What allegations? 

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 02:21:18 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

What allegations? 

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/23649/legal-filings-show-frustration-of-clipper-gms

and

http://deadspin.com/5727545/last-nights-winner-donald-sterling-looking-at-those-beautiful-black-bodies

To add on top of that, these:

http://deadspin.com/5398936/donald-sterling-continues-to-get-away-with-being-the-most-evil-man-in-sports

If I was DeAndre Jordan, Blake Griffin, Bledsoe, and Eric Gordan I'd be wearing a tape recorder and digging around for evidence after practice.  Anything to get this guy out and have a legit chance with so much young talent.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
What's the story with the old Hornets owner? I haven't really read or heard anything about what exactly happened, but didn't he just kind of bail on the team and leave it to the NBA to run?