Author Topic: Lakers blown out by the Grizz at home  (Read 12068 times)

Lakers blown out by the Grizz at home
« on: January 03, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They look like the C's last year. Let's hope they don't have a strong finish. Kobe, Fisher and Artest are really looking old.

Re: Lakers blown out by the Grizz at home
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:35:18 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Great!

I still expect to see them in the Finals.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:39:56 AM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Well, you guys did lose 2/3 games yourselves, so I wouldn't be throwing the confetti yet. Anyway, I know you guys will like this quote from Phil:

"We get behind early in the 3rd quarter, and then Kobe has to go and screw up the game..."

Referring to dominating the ball, etc. Can't say I disagree with him. The team is just not utilizing Pau and Bynum. Just how it is.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:49:29 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Well, you guys did lose 2/3 games yourselves, so I wouldn't be throwing the confetti yet. Anyway, I know you guys will like this quote from Phil:

"We get behind early in the 3rd quarter, and then Kobe has to go and screw up the game..."

Referring to dominating the ball, etc. Can't say I disagree with him. The team is just not utilizing Pau and Bynum. Just how it is.

With that said, how many of the main Lakers are out w/ injuries? You can't compare a team with a number of key pieces missing to a healthy team.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 01:30:06 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Tony Allen was in the starting lineup, Or Shall I say Kobe Bryant's kryptonite. Way to go Tony.

Good recovery by Tony from that debacle against Utah the night before. He had one squence where he bricked a shot, turned the ball over 2wice, got a techincal foul, and committed 2 personal fouls in span of 1:30 minutes. Lionel Hollins yanked him, and he never got back in the game. Much better game against the Lakers.

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 03:07:28 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Lakers will probably be the 3rd seed unless the Mavs totally fall off the map due to injuries.  I expect them to lose in the conference finals to the Spurs or Mavs.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 03:08:29 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
What is going on in Lakerland? Didn't they just get blown out at home by the Bucks? I think they should replace Ron and Fish ASAP or start the rebuild..

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 03:20:30 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

With that said, how many of the main Lakers are out w/ injuries? You can't compare a team with a number of key pieces missing to a healthy team.

I can only assume you share that optimism about our team.  :D

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 03:34:05 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
HAHAHA Fisher and Ron have been terrible
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 03:35:15 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I have a feeling the Lakers are headed for another mid-season trade (a la 2008) to revamp themselves.  They need another play-maker.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 05:26:43 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1714
I have a feeling the Lakers are headed for another mid-season trade (a la 2008) to revamp themselves.  They need another play-maker.

Honestly, I disagree.  They just need Kobe to remember that his power forward is arguably the best in the game and to stop jacking up off-balance, fadeaway, contested shots.  He makes them more than any other player in the game, but that still doesn't make them smart shots.  And there's no excuse for Pau taking only 9 shots in 32 minutes.  Gasol needs to demand the ball more, and Kobe needs to give him the ball more. 

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 06:24:11 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 985
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Tony Allen was in the starting lineup, Or Shall I say Kobe Bryant's kryptonite. Way to go Tony.

Good recovery by Tony from that debacle against Utah the night before. He had one squence where he bricked a shot, turned the ball over 2wice, got a techincal foul, and committed 2 personal fouls in span of 1:30 minutes. Lionel Hollins yanked him, and he never got back in the game. Much better game against the Lakers.
Nice to hear Tony is thriving, but I see he's getting less PT than he did in his last two years with the C's.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3842

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 06:48:55 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Nice to hear Tony is thriving, but I see he's getting less PT than he did in his last two years with the C's.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3842

I think it's because he's on a new team learning the system.  When he learns the system and they see what he can change the game defensively on a regular basis, he will get his time.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 08:43:03 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

ahh good tony, bad tony
man i don't miss that

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Yes this is just the regular season but you can only say "wait til the playoffs" so many times.  Some of these losses are UGLY and there is more to it when Kobe looks old.  Last night you could tell he was going into "take the team on my back" mode in the 2nd half and they still got blown out despite 21 he scored there.  There are cracks in the Lakers that are showing this year and you can't just write them off. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they are the Western Conference Champs at all but I'm not that scared of them in the Finals.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford