Author Topic: 3 way trade idea - boston, cleveland, washington  (Read 6651 times)

Re: 3 way trade idea - boston, cleveland, washington
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 12:35:44 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
I think a lot of teams in the league would like to have Andy V. He's only slightly over paid (years are the real problem.) The C's could use him - but I think they'd want to move Perk and JO if they did that. (No way they'd be resigning Perk with Andy V on the books for that much.)

CLE should consider trading JJ Hickson to ORL with Bass out... they might be able to get something of value back (maybe in a three team deal):

CLE gets Picks
ORL gets JJ Hickson
West team gets a wing / guard

I don't think Hickson fits into Orlando quite as well as Bass does because Hickson can't space the floor and knock down a mid range jumper as well.  Would Orlando prefer Jamison?  Cleveland should have no interest paying Jamison all that money for being a lottery team.  Any teams with large trade exceptions that could get involved here?

CLE gets Rodrigue Beaubois, ORL 1st, DAL 1st, exceptions from Dallas
ORL gets Jamison
DAL gets J-Rich

Dallas has $11M in exceptions to work with and would love to get a Butler replacement I'm sure.  My one question... some of those Dallas exceptions might expire before Orlando is eligible to trade away J-Rich.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I believe ORL can trade him right away, but only if he is not traded with other players...

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 04:20:28 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I don't think Hickson fits into Orlando quite as well as Bass does because Hickson can't space the floor and knock down a mid range jumper as well.  Would Orlando prefer Jamison?  Cleveland should have no interest paying Jamison all that money for being a lottery team.  Any teams with large trade exceptions that could get involved here?

CLE gets Rodrigue Beaubois, ORL 1st, DAL 1st, exceptions from Dallas
ORL gets Jamison
DAL gets J-Rich

Dallas has $11M in exceptions to work with and would love to get a Butler replacement I'm sure.  My one question... some of those Dallas exceptions might expire before Orlando is eligible to trade away J-Rich.

Unfortunately, exceptions cannot be combined. Dallas would have to use Butler to get his high-priced replacement.

The above would work if it were Butler instead of Beaubois going to Cleveland, plus a little more salary ($1.5 mil) leaving Dallas.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 05:03:57 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 83
No matter what you think of Sideshow as a player, a lot of teams would be interested in his services (high demand player).  On the other hand there is currently zero interest in JO and AB.