Author Topic: Predictions: The Return of Sheed  (Read 9670 times)

Re: Predictions: The Return of Sheed
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 08:42:49 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I've seen a lot of dump Wafer, dump maybe Erden

Now that Erden has played some, is there anyone still on the dump Erden train?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 09:57:20 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178

No way we dump Erden. Big men who have even half a clue are too valuable and rare. OTOH if we could get something of value using him as a trade piece, I wouldnt put it past Danny to use him in a deadline deal.

No way Shaq and JO stay with Gasol (that will be up to KG). If they are on the floor, it will be against the 'other' Laker bigs like Bynum. Gasol would just run away from them for layups at the other end, Erden has a better chance of running the floor with him.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 11:25:25 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

No way we dump Erden. Big men who have even half a clue are too valuable and rare. OTOH if we could get something of value using him as a trade piece, I wouldnt put it past Danny to use him in a deadline deal.

No way Shaq and JO stay with Gasol (that will be up to KG). If they are on the floor, it will be against the 'other' Laker bigs like Bynum. Gasol would just run away from them for layups at the other end, Erden has a better chance of running the floor with him.

not to mention you can see a lot of potential in Semih, if we can pull out a good season 55-60 wins, i say rest the big 3, big 4 w/e, and have semih play like a 30 minute game for him to get more experience.

I see so much potential in him, and unless we can get a potential good trade piece, no way should we dump semih

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2010, 02:01:13 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
 NBA Rumor: Is Rasheed Wallace's Return To Boston a Good Idea?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/553732-nba-rumor-is-rasheed-wallaces-return-to-boston-a-good-idea

Sheed has to come back and win the ring with Boston, he would be a great help for the playoff.
Need for Sheed¡¡¡

Shaquille can not play all the time.
 JO's not right in his knee.
 Perk return from injury is a mystery.
 Erden is not a player for the playoff .

Only Big Baby and KG are physically well.

I think Sheed would be a great help for the rest of season

"I told him, 'Go ahead, do all you need to do. Take the kids everywhere. We'll see you in February. Said "The Truth"

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 02:17:27 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

I'm sure there are still some "Semih's just a soft, flopping Euroball kind of guy" people out there  ::)

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 02:24:36 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
We needed Sheed the most in the past couple months.  Now that JO's back he needs to get his minutes.  I still think Sheed could be more useful than Wafer since both O'Neals will likely miss more time, but when Perk comes back we should be all set.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 02:41:08 PM »

Offline itsthatbradguy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 0
I say bring 'Sheed back! His role this season would be dramatically different than last. Last year he was our first big man off the bench (if not the 1st guy off the bench period) for the entire season, playing alongside a gimpy KG and an injured Big Baby. This year, KG is healthy, we've got Shaq, Perk, from all reports, is looking great, Big Baby has got to be the favorite for 6th Man of the Year, Semih Erden is a promising rookie, and Jermaine O'Neal keeps the bench warm.

I think JO is done. He's coming apart quickly. Scrap JO, bring in 'Sheed. Then have a rotation where Perk/Shaq start at center (backed up by the other), KG starts at PF, obviously, and is backed up by Big Baby. Then, if one of the big men get hurt or find themselves in foul trouble, Sheed is the guy who steps up for them.

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 03:30:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3782
  • Yup
no thanks
Yup

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Cause, you know, we definitely need 8 big men on the roster.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2579
I really don't see a downside to signing Sheed assuming he has the time to get into basketball shape by playoffs.

I would put him in the same camp as JO -- let them fight it out for whatever remaining minutes are left (and be grateful both are there if/when injury or foul trouble beset Perk/Shaq).  Note that if we had a healthy JO to spell Sheed for about 10 minutes in Game 7, the result might have been different.   

Sheed also brings something to the table, albeit often annoying, that the other bigs don't -- 3-point capability and abilty to pull an opposing big outside.  Allows more lineup flexibility and frankly if Sheed contributes to one playoff win, it will be worth it (same goes for JO).

Regarding chemistry -- in Doc I trust to keep this team together and focused. 

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2010, 03:44:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If we were to bring Sheed back we'd have to cut Erden for it to make sense.

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Come playoffs, who is likely to contibute more to a banner this season (which, IMO, is all that matters):
Harangody
Erden
Sheed

I think it's Sheed by a mile.   If Sheed comes on, I think Luke, rather than Erden or Wafer, will be gone.   We'll continue to be thin at the 3, but very deep at 4/5.   I think Wafer survives due to Bradley's youth and DWest's fragility. Delonte's return means a lot to balancing the bigs/smalls on this team.

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
BTW -- is this rumor source a good one?  I am not savvy at all in knowing reliable media v. unreliable.  Any other sources reporting this?

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2010, 05:01:22 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
We needed Sheed the most in the past couple months.  Now that JO's back he needs to get his minutes.  I still think Sheed could be more useful than Wafer since both O'Neals will likely miss more time, but when Perk comes back we should be all set.

I'm with you.  Presuming DWest comes back ok and AB shows he can deliver 5 minutes of defense a game, it is Wafer who'd go if Sheed were signed.

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »

Offline DinTN

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
BTW -- is this rumor source a good one?  I am not savvy at all in knowing reliable media v. unreliable.  Any other sources reporting this?
Here's one article I found, but don't know how much about the reporting source:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/553732-nba-rumor-is-rasheed-wallaces-return-to-boston-a-good-idea