Author Topic: Trade idea for Rudy Fernandez  (Read 1941 times)

Trade idea for Rudy Fernandez
« on: August 11, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »

Offline Ace_Geraci

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
I would try to trade Davis and a 1st rounder(with a 2nd thrown in if need be) to Portland for Rudy and Babbitt. I know Danny liked Babbitt and Portland could use a big guy with Pryzbilla on the shelf and Oden's injury history. Not only would we add much needed youth, but Babbitt would provide a much needed 3 off the bench with Rudy as a versatile 2.

I just think it would be foolish for Danny not to get Rudy while he's available. It sounds as if he really would like to play for us and with our aging roster, getting a young quality player like him would be ideal. I like Davis, but with the O'Neals and Perkins eventual return, we have more than enough bulk in the middle. Not to mention Harangody who I think will earn minutes at the 4. Harangody, while not ideally tall for a 4, has good size coming in at about 250 pounds. So I think now is the best time to move Davis.

Re: Trade idea for Rudy Fernandez
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 06:32:08 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2576
If Danny is thinking of trading Baby, he must think that Harangody is NBA-ready now.  Since I am dubious of that, I suspect Baby is not going to be offered. 

It is not sound thinking, in my opinion, to expect that Perk, KG, Shaq and Jermaine will be healthy throughout the regular season and the playoffs -- especially if minutes are high for the others for the major part of the regular season without Perk. Perk coming back healthy is a question mark. KG health throughout is a question mark, Jermaine and Shaq -- the same. 

Baby is extremely important to this team.