Poll

Author Topic: Ultimate Draft II (Congrats to Roy for winning Best Overall)  (Read 188130 times)

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3781
  • Yup
Congrats, Redz!

I'm going to nominate Bahku for funniest.  Andy Kaufman, Chris Farley, Dana Carvey, and Hobbes is a pretty funny bunch.

I'll throw StartOrien and Wdleehi into the Funny pile as well

Everyone's rosters are here:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=40117.msg817659#msg817659

Yup

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Start Orien's Wonderporium

Yuck-Yucks squad:

The Funny Guys
TV Host: Troy McClure

WILDCARD: Charlie Kelly

Philosopher: The Genius

The Straight Guys
Explorer: Michael J. Fox

80's TV: Uncle Jesse

The Unintentionally Funny
Celtic: Leprechaun from Leprechaun in the Hood

Author: L. Ron Rubbard

Re: Ultimate Draft II (Poll is open VOTE for World Conquerors now)
« Reply #602 on: August 02, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
Well...a big fat congrats to me and my Godzilla inspired World Conquerors!    Glad to see the sparse voting crowd saw through Dora's antics.  ;D

We will now take entries for the "Funniest" category.  People may nominate others for this category as I'd like to think part of being funny is not having to stand up and say "hey, I'm funny and this is why"...sort if like having to explain a joke ruining the punchline.

Congrats Redz and please spare myself and my team on your next terror path.  Imagining having to decide between cowering in fear or running for my life when Godzilla came through is what earned my vote.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: Ultimate Draft II (Poll is open VOTE for World Conquerors now)
« Reply #603 on: August 02, 2010, 09:56:36 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Well...a big fat congrats to me and my Godzilla inspired World Conquerors!    Glad to see the sparse voting crowd saw through Dora's antics.  ;D

We will now take entries for the "Funniest" category.  People may nominate others for this category as I'd like to think part of being funny is not having to stand up and say "hey, I'm funny and this is why"...sort if like having to explain a joke ruining the punchline.

Congrats Redz and please spare myself and my team on your next terror path.  Imagining having to decide between cowering in fear or running for my life when Godzilla came through is what earned my vote.

Congrats for winning now.   My team has not given up it's plans to rule the world.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Congrats, Redz!

I'm going to nominate Bahku for funniest.  Andy Kaufman, Chris Farley, Dana Carvey, and Hobbes is a pretty funny bunch.

No.

I gave up that chance when I drafted Jay Leno.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup
Congrats, Redz!

No.

so you're team is unintentionally funny  ;D
Yup

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Congrats, Redz!

No.

so you're team is unintentionally funny  ;D

Don't look now, but my team is stealing that bit.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup
soooo...any other funny folk?

To make the poll interesting I'll throw myself and IP on there (Bill the Cat and Al Bundy surely qualify us)...

My teams sort of funny in the "funny taste in your mouth" kind of way.
Yup

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
My team should be in poll as well as I have the most funniest person of all:

His talk show was hilarious. Sure, the people were laughing at him, not with him, but everyone who watched the show (12 people?) won't forget that experience as long as they alive (and they tried, believe me they tried but even electroshock therapy is useless).
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

The Bahku Dahek M.I.'s

Though this wasn't the primary category I was shooting for, I have to throw it out there that I've got a pretty solid team when it comes to the humor department:

Philosopher: Matt Foley (Chris Farley)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_V1c7qTzwQ&feature=related

(Be patient - the volume gets better around 1 min - thanks!)

Chris Farley ... one of SNL's best ... and Matt Foley was priceless!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Comic Strip Character: Hobbes  

Wisdom and wit of the highest order ... how can you not smile or feel happy when reading C&H?!?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Celtic: Len Bias  

Len had a reputation of being very funny, and he loved practical jokes to play on his friends and team-mates ... and look at that smile!

80's TV character: Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjK9GJMBpt0

(Many hilarious episodes and characters he played)

Explorer: Indiana Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YXw7BxYGMU&feature=related

TV Host/Announcer: The Church Lady (Dana Carvey)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ByoJ7amKs&feature=related

Dana Carvey's best incarnation! Comedic genius of the highest order!

Professional Wrestler: Andy Kaufman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKqiLCtF8I8&feature=related

Also a comedic genius ... and no one will ever come close to his unique style.

Monarch: Yoda (Jedi Master)

While not a funny personality, you have to admit, he's pretty funny looking, and the way he talks is unique, to say the least! (He was much funnier in his youth, though little is known about that period)

Author:  J.K. Rowling  

Needless to say, a sense of humor is one of the traits that make the Harry Potter series so successful.

Wild Card: Doc Rivers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGu7kGXAa-E

Doc can be witty at times, and mixes it up with the team and the press on occasion.

:)

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Yup
Matt Foley was a really funny character!
Yup

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This guy thought "The Decision" was a good idea.

That might be the most unintentionally funny decision ever made!!!

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
IP's Sophisticated Hooligans:

While not a comically well rounded team, it is star-driven. Al Bundy leads the way with his deadpan style and undeniable talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1srAHbBrpw

Close behind him is Tupac Shakur, whose humor while not of the genial "Jerry Seinfeld" variety, uses degradation and insult of his opponent to get both laughs and spontaneous outburts of "OHHHHHH!!!!" from the crowd. Tupac might not be much for higher tier more intellectual humor, so he needs to be close in to work the body as it were.

While Al and Pac get the dirty work done, Abe Lincoln and Ernest Hemingway camp out on the perimeter and pepper the opposing squad with erudite yet scathing zingers of a time long since gone; both men using their talent with the English language to maximum efficiency.

Huey Freeman uses his ability for observation and social insight to comment from afar how stupid all these white people are acting.

Neil Armstrong and Hacksaw Jim Duggan are on "absurd" duty, with Hacksaw running around with his 2x4 screaming about his love for Amurika.

Neil will be taking giant exaggerated steps on the ground imitating his alleged moonwalk, counting each step as "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. Two small steps for man, two giant leaps for mankind...three small steps for men, three giant leaps..." and so on, until mysteriously at number Fifty Seven he will exclaim "and that one went wee-wee-wee all the way home!" and run out of the building giggling. Its a long run joke, not a short one. 

Tommy Heinsohn will do what he does best, and sit in an announcing booth with a tumbler of scotch heckling the other squad for not trying hard enough with its set ups and punchlines.

Bill the Butcher will as always be on "cleaver duty". That's where he walks around and explains in his salty yet verbose style that if people don't think he's funny, he'll show them how to laugh with the sharp end of a cleaver.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
Did I hear unintentional comedy?

"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."

“Tracy McGrady is doing things we’ve never seen from anybody—from any planet!”

"Greg Ostertag is one of the top centers on this planet!"

From the one, the only:

If you haven't seen this yet, you are missing out. (See how much time elapses until he actually starts talking about the game)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1YI06ZTNOk
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Bill Walton is sauce-ome.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner