Author Topic: Those Fakers Stole My TPs!  (Read 15876 times)

Re: Those Fakers Stole My TPs!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 07:34:14 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
100,273 TP's washed away. The question is, are TP's even more meaningless now or do they carry more weight?

Very few here have over 100 TP's.

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 07:38:30 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Here's another one: How many days until Roy Hobbs regains the #1 spot as TP king?

For a 30 day Over/Under? I'll go with under ;)

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
ahhh, a fresh start :)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 07:48:41 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
ahhh, a fresh start :)

CB founder? TP.

Re: Those [Bleeps] Stole My TPs!
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 03:11:44 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Just sayin', not only did the Lakers win the title but I bet all my TPs on the Celtics. And those were hard to earn because nobody likes me very much.

Here's one from me. I'd like you more if you'd answer my PM's  :D

As far as the TP thing went, I'd feel more like a fool to not have given them away. Oh, well. I had almost 1800 beneath my screen name and I guess they just mean more now, or... I really don't know. I mean, some people did not give up their TP's and they now have more than some other people who did, so where does that put the value of the TP's? It confuses me. At least now I won't have to post in the 100 and 1000 Tommy Points threads. I liked to do it but it just seems obsolete now.

I hate you, Lost Angeles!

8)

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 03:24:42 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Just sayin', not only did the Lakers win the title but I bet all my TPs on the Celtics. And those were hard to earn because nobody likes me very much.

As far the TP thing went, I'd feel more like a fool to not have given them away. Oh, well. I had almost 1800 beneath my screen name and I guess they just mean more now, or... I really don't know. I mean, some people did not give up their TP's and they now have more than some other people who did, so where does that put the value of the TP's? It confuses me. At least now I won't have to post in the 100 and 1000 Tommy Points threads. I liked to do it but it just seems obsolete now.

8)

Yeah, I was just thinking today about how those threads have disappeared, and how much fun they were ... oh, well, that's life, I guess.

I gave up almost 3,400, but as you say, I'd rather that than be one of those who missed out on donating ... to be fair, some of those people may never have seen that thread, or not have been around to do so.

Regardless, it was an awesome idea, (thank you, Roy ... and I mean that), and showing such combined devotion to our team is pretty cool ... I mean, almost 100,000 Tommy Points donated by this one group of fans? Awesome!

Whether TP's mean a lot to someone, or not so much to others, all our blood runs a little greener now, I think ... and our hatred for the Lakers grows exponentially!

Pretty cool that we even had such a way to show our love ... I don't know whose idea they were, but despite all the controversy, this donating idea made the whole TP thing very worthwhile. :)

(Can't believe I said "maked" ... ugh!)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:48:23 PM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2010, 03:29:44 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

As far as the TP thing went, I'd feel more like a fool to not have given them away. Oh, well. I had almost 1800 beneath my screen name and I guess they just mean more now, or... I really don't know. I mean, some people did not give up their TP's and they now have more than some other people who did, so where does that put the value of the TP's? It confuses me. At least now I won't have to post in the 100 and 1000 Tommy Points threads. I liked to do it but it just seems obsolete now.

8)

When did you send me a PM?

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2010, 03:33:47 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

8)

When did you send me a PM?

I'm sorry, I got you mixed up with someone else. My bad. I like you fine now  ;D

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 03:56:48 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
perhaps a 3rd annual TP Pageant is in order
You have already built back up 45 TP's.  Sweet Holy Moses!

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2010, 03:58:29 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Seriously, though, after that series, TP's were the last thing on my mind.  I quite possibly need counseling.

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2010, 04:01:14 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
perhaps a 3rd annual TP Pageant is in order
You have already built back up 45 TP's.  Sweet Holy Moses!

Here's one! We need to get you goin' again ... haven't been around much or you would have a few more from me. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2010, 04:14:05 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
How am I supposed to intimidate everybody here without my overwhelming TP count?

You guys probably just think I'm a joke now... ;D

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 04:17:12 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
How am I supposed to intimidate everybody here without my overwhelming TP count?

Remember who played in jersey # 6?  ;) Pretty intimidating.

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2010, 04:18:23 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Remember who played in jersey # 6?  ;) Pretty intimidating.

Hmmm... 7? Dee Brown? Quis? Nah, we'll just have to get you to 8. TOINE!!!  8)

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I hadn't seen this thread when it first started.  I was wondering if anyone else felt as disappointed as I did when all the TP's were gone.  here I was loading up people before hand to get the donations up and all for naught.

188 gone -- nothing compared to the heavy hitters here but oh so close to 200 I could almost taste it.   :P