Author Topic: Cavs (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) Game 6 5/13  (Read 150665 times)

Re: Cavs (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) Game 6 5/13
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 08:18:46 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
james told the cleveland media that the cav fans shouldn't even worry tonight

“I’m the leader and they’re supposed to follow me,’’ James said. “At the same time, other guys got to be aggressive, too.’’

Recent history is not on Cleveland’s side.

With James, the Cavaliers are 0-3 in elimination road playoff games.

They lost at Detroit in Game 7 in 2006, at Boston in Game 7 in 2008, and at Orlando last season in Game 6.

However, James said Cleveland fans should count on the Cavaliers to force a Game 7 Sunday at Quicken Loans Arena.

Why?

“Uh, cause they got me,’’ said the two-time MVP

...“I’m never disappointed in my play,’’ James said. “I mean, I feel like I could do more, but I’m not disappointed at all.’’

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 09:00:24 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I want to dedicate the following song to Elbow James:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlJl1LfDP4

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
The Garden Crowd must show up tonight energized (and drunk if old enough). It does help the players. None of this "Everybody clap your hands" phoniness. Need to boo every Lebron touch (Or a Lebron ______s chant).

Tonight is a must win not so much for this series but for our future series against Orlando and than presumably the Lakers. A big win here gives us momentum for the key series against Orlando.

Good Luck, and yes I promise to make the Celtics win at the risk of causing a major earthquake by jumping on the faultlines too hard during the game. Not even 9:00AM here and this Q is locked in.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 11:49:52 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

“I’m the leader and they’re supposed to follow me,’’ James said. “At the same time, other guys got to be aggressive, too.’’

They lost at Detroit in Game 7 in 2006, at Boston in Game 7 in 2008, and at Orlando last season in Game 6.

However, James said Cleveland fans should count on the Cavaliers to force a Game 7 Sunday at Quicken Loans Arena.

Why?

...“I’m never disappointed in my play,’’ James said. “I mean, I feel like I could do more, but I’m not disappointed at all.’’

Typical Smugness and Disrespect from Lebron. No matter how hard I try to like him.

He has to develop a sense of Urgency. He has none.

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 12:08:40 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
This is one of the biggest games in NBA history since Game 7 of the '84 Finals.  If the Celtics win, Lebron probably leaves for NY or Chicago and murders the NBA in Cleveland.  Jordan would probably get angry at everyone involved in the NBA from fans to media questioning his will and destroy the Celtics tonight. We're not sure Lebron has that in him.  If anyone claims to know for sure what will happen tonight, then they are lying.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 12:25:27 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
David Stern has announced that tonight's refereeing crew will be Tim Donaghy, Earl Hebner, & Stevie Wonder  ;D

Seriously can't wait for this thing to get started.  Go Celtics!  Shock the world!

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 12:49:20 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!

Why?

'

Wow, LeBron is such a cocky SOB. Does he realize that we blew them out twice this series?

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »

Offline 3ptAndOne

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
We must win this game tonight.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:21 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
a win gets boston to the next round..BUT it also will create doubts about a LBJ led team not being able to win big series...and it possibly could end basketball in cleveland once and for all.

anyone else feel like the celtics aren't even involved in this game? seems to be all about james vs james. the celtics are like the 5th story....and i do believe james wants to go hero mode tonight but physically will not be able. i get the sense that james is almost a decoy out there right now. but yet he is still a punk

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 01:28:35 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I don't care who counts us out or doesn't have us in the storyline for this game.  Just win and move on.  Do not let down and give Cleveland life.

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 01:35:17 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
looks like cavs are going small and the cavs look to be in high spirits

From Celtics Hub:

The Cavaliers are debating several line-up tweaks, ranging from going small (with J.J. Hickson seeing more time) to going big (with Jamison at the small forward position so as to remove the horrific KG-Jamison match-up) and LeBron James at the point guard position (so as to remove Mo Williams entirely).

This is according Brian Windhorst, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer’s ace beat guy.

So: everything is on the table for tonight. The Cavs are a like a Major League Baseball gearing up to bring its starters out of the bullpen in Game 7.

Windhorst adds this assessment of Cavs:

The Cavs players were very loose and laughing and joking before shootaround. No one more than James, who isn’t exactly starting the day off with a tone of focus. When he played very well in Game 3, James put headphones on and said nothing before shootaround as he got ready to work. Not sure what is so funny. There is a detached mentality with the team that is remarkable over the last week. We’ll see if they are laughing later tonight.

And:

There is zero doubt of the under current within the team right now. There is frustration with the coaching staff because of some of the substitution patterns and perhaps the game plans. There has been grumbling behind the scenes for days now.

Eight hours till tip-off.

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 01:50:23 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 622
looks like cavs are going small and the cavs look to be in high spirits

From Celtics Hub:

The Cavaliers are debating several line-up tweaks, ranging from going small (with J.J. Hickson seeing more time) to going big (with Jamison at the small forward position so as to remove the horrific KG-Jamison match-up) and LeBron James at the point guard position (so as to remove Mo Williams entirely).

This is according Brian Windhorst, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer’s ace beat guy.

So: everything is on the table for tonight. The Cavs are a like a Major League Baseball gearing up to bring its starters out of the bullpen in Game 7.

Windhorst adds this assessment of Cavs:

The Cavs players were very loose and laughing and joking before shootaround. No one more than James, who isn’t exactly starting the day off with a tone of focus. When he played very well in Game 3, James put headphones on and said nothing before shootaround as he got ready to work. Not sure what is so funny. There is a detached mentality with the team that is remarkable over the last week. We’ll see if they are laughing later tonight.

And:

There is zero doubt of the under current within the team right now. There is frustration with the coaching staff because of some of the substitution patterns and perhaps the game plans. There has been grumbling behind the scenes for days now.

Eight hours till tip-off.

They're in desperation mode now. They can change the line-up all they want, they still do not have an answer for how to shut the whole team down.

We've taken their best shot and they didn't have an answer for us after game 4. I don't think they have anything thats going to help them. The only way the win is if Leroid has a big night and the rest of the team shoots like it did in game 3. But I don't think the odds of those 2 happeing at the same time again are very good.

I think we win in big fasion again.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 02:00:39 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
looks like mo williams will see the bench more than anyone tonight..so that is good. he is one guy that can get hot quick...

i guess the cavs play this way:

parker on rondo
james on allen...allen run james into the ground
jamison on PP
hickson/varaejo on KG
shaq on perk

other than parker...don't see ANYONE who can hit the outside shot in the line up...i think it plays to boston because they can pack the lane and make james make jumpers...

defensively..i would gander rondo would have to play parker and ray would get the bulk on LBJ..PP would have to play jamison and then KG on hickson/varaejo

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 02:07:19 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
hope we see this tonight:

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 02:13:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Who can Jamison defend if he plays the three?

I can't see him being able to stick with Pierce or Ray and certainly not Rondo.

Anyway, if they do make that change, I don't think it changes anything for the Celtics. They still have an advantage against the Cavs starting lineup + Mike Brown is still lost and not close to finding a winning solution.