Author Topic: Chad Ford "C's like Luke Babbit (Nevada) a lot"  (Read 51149 times)

Re: Chad Ford "C's like Luke Babbit (Nevada) a lot"
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I'm interested in George as well. I'm less interested in Hayward or Babbitt. I hope both are gone by the time the Celtics pick because that means somebody better will have slipped.

you know one thing Danny could do is make a promise to Donatas Motiejunas if for no other reason than to keep him in the draft. Someone really should draft him earlier based on the scouting reports, but some boards show him slipping which could mean he takes his name out of the draft.

players leaving the draft is bad for us, plus in the case that he did drop I certainly wouldn't mind coming away from this draft with potentially the next Dirk...

I don't think 19 is a high enough promise to keep him in the draft.  If he doesn't get a promise in the lottery, I think he is going to have to decide how much he really wants to go to the NBA next year, because from that point on down, it doesn't matter all that much when he is drafted...in fact, he would be better off going in the second round at that point.

« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2010, 05:17:27 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
In Ford's latest Mock Draft, he has Babbitt, Henry, Hayward, George, and Anderson all being off the board, but pretty much all of the non-lottery big men still on the board (including Patterson, Whiteside, and Motiejunas).  So he has the C's picking Alabi.  I really hope Ford is wrong on that one.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-100526

« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2010, 06:40:28 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I'm interested in George as well. I'm less interested in Hayward or Babbitt. I hope both are gone by the time the Celtics pick because that means somebody better will have slipped.

you know one thing Danny could do is make a promise to Donatas Motiejunas if for no other reason than to keep him in the draft. Someone really should draft him earlier based on the scouting reports, but some boards show him slipping which could mean he takes his name out of the draft.

players leaving the draft is bad for us, plus in the case that he did drop I certainly wouldn't mind coming away from this draft with potentially the next Dirk...

I don't think 19 is a high enough promise to keep him in the draft.  If he doesn't get a promise in the lottery, I think he is going to have to decide how much he really wants to go to the NBA next year, because from that point on down, it doesn't matter all that much when he is drafted...in fact, he would be better off going in the second round at that point.

I think most teams picking at 19 might not keep Montiejunas in the draft, but with the Big 3 still playing but getting older and Rondo coming along, this could look like a really appealing landing pad for the kid.....

not sure how much money difference there is between 14 and 19, but I do think a promise from the Cs could keep him in.

« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2010, 06:52:51 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
In Ford's latest Mock Draft, he has Babbitt, Henry, Hayward, George, and Anderson all being off the board, but pretty much all of the non-lottery big men still on the board (including Patterson, Whiteside, and Motiejunas).  So he has the C's picking Alabi.  I really hope Ford is wrong on that one.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-100526

If it breaks this way, I would be very happy to take Patterson or Montiejunas....although definitely bummed that the wings are gone (George, Hayward, Babbitt).

That said, I would be shocked to see P and M not picked higher. These guys are really good prospects.

« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If it breaks this way and Alabi and Damion James are both on the board for Danny, I am convinced that 100 times out of 100, Danny would take James.

« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2010, 07:26:10 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
If it breaks this way and Alabi and Damion James are both on the board for Danny, I am convinced that 100 times out of 100, Danny would take James.

any way you slice it, James is a solid pick....That's why I am so interested in this draft. I think the chances of there being a really good prospect available at 19 is really high.

« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2010, 07:50:09 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I am not sold on James, however, I would prefer him over Alabi, or any other project big man.  I don't see James having the potential be the the star that some of the other wings have, but I think he is definitely an NBA player.  I don't think you can say that for sure about any of those projects like Alabi.

« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2010, 07:53:32 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

yeah, it seems that both Hayward and Babbitt will be off the board, so someone should drop.

I'm also a bit fearful that George will be off the board too. and not sure who that will means will be slipping.

maybe guys like Avery Bradley, James Anderson, or Xavier Henry....

Unfortunately all three of those player's stocks are rising, especially Henry
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2010, 07:54:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I am not sold on James, however, I would prefer him over Alabi, or any other project big man.  I don't see James having the potential be the the star that some of the other wings have, but I think he is definitely an NBA player.  I don't think you can say that for sure about any of those projects like Alabi.
I think James when he reaches his full potential will be Gerald Wallace.

« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
According to Chad Ford "Big winner of combine scores? Luke Babbitt. 37.5 inch max vert. 3.19 second sprint. 10.98 lane agility. He's a good athlete."
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2010, 12:04:54 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

yeah, it seems that both Hayward and Babbitt will be off the board, so someone should drop.

I'm also a bit fearful that George will be off the board too. and not sure who that will means will be slipping.

maybe guys like Avery Bradley, James Anderson, or Xavier Henry....

Unfortunately all three of those player's stocks are rising, especially Henry

The thing is that not everybody's stock can rise.

This seems to be the consensus top 20 guys. That means that at least two of these guys should be available when we pick. more than two if other players move into the top 18.

1) John Wall
2) Evan Turner
3) Derrick Favors
4) Wesley Johnson
5) Greg Monroe
6) Patrick Patterson
7) DeMarcus Cousins
8 ) Al-Farouq Aminu
9) Cole Aldrich
10) Ed Davis
11) Donatas Motiejunas
12) Ekpe Udoh
13) Luke Babbitt
14) Gordon Hayward
15) Xavier Henry
16) Paul George
17) Hassan Whiteside
18) Avery Bradley
19) Daniel Orton
20) James Anderson
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:11:19 AM by winsomme »

« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2010, 07:11:03 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
athletic measurables:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=Draftchart-100526

let's add Terrico White to our list with a 40 inch vert. I'm gonna take another look at him. He could be really interesting as a combo guard at 6-5 with the ability to score and play both the point and SG.

Babbitt and Hayward also tested really well athletically.

« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2010, 07:19:12 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
this is Ford's report on White from the combine:

Summary: May 24 Update: Mississippi's Terrico White shot the lights out on both days at the Chicago pre-draft camp and showed the type of handle that had some scouts calling him a point guard earlier in the year. I know the New Jersey Nets and Memphis Grizzlies both like him in late in the first round. Given his athletic ability and solid measurements, more teams may come around.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/draft/tracker/player/_/playerId/19357/terrico-white

« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2010, 08:22:50 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
with Chad ford reporting Babbits athletic measurments I no longer think he will be around for us at 19. 37.5" vertical and 3.19 sprint are very similare to jow alexanders a couple of years ago. Alexander went #8 based on his athletic abilities. My prediction is babbit to the jazz at 9.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2010, 08:26:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
According to Chad Ford "Big winner of combine scores? Luke Babbitt. 37.5 inch max vert. 3.19 second sprint. 10.98 lane agility. He's a good athlete."
Damion James had almost identical numbers to Babbitt. Given James is a better rebounder and defender and played against better competition, I would take him.