Author Topic: Chad Ford "C's like Luke Babbit (Nevada) a lot"  (Read 51153 times)

Re: Chad Ford "C's like Luke Babbit (Nevada) a lot"
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2010, 04:14:03 AM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Well I like GORDAN HAYWARD myself. He fits our system, I would like to get a big too somehow or someway, this draft has alot of hidden gems my friends.

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2010, 05:35:42 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I want Danny to simply go for the highest potential, preferrably at the wing. Please donīt waste this Draft to "fill some holes".

If heīs young, talented and loves the game thatīs good enough for me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:42:21 AM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2010, 07:04:37 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Looks like someone else agrees with me: http://dimemag.com/2010/04/dime-nba-draft-profile-larry-sanders/

Sanders has really grown on me. He measured out pretty good at the combine, as well. I think about 6'9 without shoes or so. Some of the biggest hands and longest wingspan in the draft, as well.

It's funny how the article you posted also meantion Jason Thompson, I was talking with my friend yesterday about how if there's a Jason Thompson-type player (at least in a small comparison over divisions way) that Larry Sanders is that guy.

I'm hoping either him or Udoh will be a Celtic in the near future.

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2010, 10:12:08 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The Celtics should buy a late 1st from Memphis and grab Jarvis Varnado. He'd be a GREAT fit with both Rondo and Perk. Those who doubt, see the following. The left handed block at the 3:25 mark is just absurd....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiUU-RcE_2g
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2010, 10:21:44 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Celtics should buy a late 1st from Memphis and grab Jarvis Varnado. He'd be a GREAT fit with both Rondo and Perk. Those who doubt, see the following. The left handed block at the 3:25 mark is just absurd....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiUU-RcE_2g

I was always more impressed with Varnado than I was with Sanders. Kid had an epic SEC tourney this year. He measures out at 6'10" has a 7'4" wingspan and has one of the longest standing reaches in this draft at 9'2". Plus, he knows how to use all that length as he led the country in block shots averaging nearly 5 blocks per game IN THE SEC!!!!

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
nick -- in fairness, miss state's strength of schedule tends to be poor. but they play in the SEC -- there's no getting around that. He's got a very limited offensive game, but he has really good form on his jumper. if he can develop it into a relaible option, and get two or three basical face up moves, Varnado is going to be a really good NBA player.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I'm a Kentucky fan, so i saw a lot of Varnado this year.  The player he reminds me of is Kenyon Martin.  I remember him being a nasty finisher, incredible leaper, and defensive presence in college too.

Might be a steal if he develops like Martin did...

« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2010, 11:16:07 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I have no interest in any of these project big men with the #19 pick.  If the C's can get a second pick late in the first round, or in the early second, fine, but they can't afford to miss on that one pick, and guys like that are notoriously risky.

My board at #19 would consist of Henry, George, Babbitt, Haywood (although I am skeptical about him), and then keeping an eye open for guys who might slide.  The only big men I am intrigued with at all at 19 are:

Ed Davis (has been sliding a bit lower than I ever expected)
Udoh
Monroe (incredibly unlikely, but he may not do great in individual workouts, which could lead to a slide)
Montiejunas (OK, he is a risk, but he is highly skilled and has a ton of talent.  I much prefer him than just a human pogo stick without much basketball skill)
Patrick Patterson He is an NBA player.  The only question is whether he is Carl Landry/Paul Millsap or Big Baby.

If none of those slide, then I go with a wing who can knock down a shot, and knows how to play basketball.

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2010, 11:50:10 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I have no interest in any of these project big men with the #19 pick.  If the C's can get a second pick late in the first round, or in the early second, fine, but they can't afford to miss on that one pick, and guys like that are notoriously risky.

My board at #19 would consist of Henry, George, Babbitt, Haywood (although I am skeptical about him), and then keeping an eye open for guys who might slide.  The only big men I am intrigued with at all at 19 are:

Udoh
Monroe (incredibly unlikely, but he may not do great in individual workouts, which could lead to a slide)
Montiejunas (OK, he is a risk, but he is highly skilled and has a ton of talent.  I much prefer him than just a human pogo stick without much basketball skill)
Patrick Patterson He is an NBA player.  The only question is whether he is Carl Landry/Paul Millsap or Big Baby.

If none of those slide, then I go with a wing who can knock down a shot, and knows how to play basketball.

I agree with everyone you mentioned except for Monroe (which is a moot point because there is no way he last that long). I think he is not that athletic and soft.

I think we'll probably end up with a project big man unless someone slides down to us.
To ad another project big man to the list (not sure anyone mentioned him yet) Kevin Seraphin out of France. I would obviously rather have someone who can contribute immediately but I'm not sure that's realistic.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2010, 11:59:20 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Udoh

I agree with everyone you mentioned except for Monroe (which is a moot point because there is no way he last that long). I think he is not that athletic and soft.

I think we'll probably end up with a project big man unless someone slides down to us.
To ad another project big man to the list (not sure anyone mentioned him yet) Kevin Seraphin out of France. I would obviously rather have someone who can contribute immediately but I'm not sure that's realistic.

Why don't you think that is realistic?  There aren't a lot of big men like that, but there are plenty of wings that could step right in.  I think guys like George, Babbitt and Henry could all step right in and be productive NBA players, and I think they are all very real possibilities at 19.

« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2010, 12:16:26 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Udoh

Why don't you think that is realistic?  There aren't a lot of big men like that, but there are plenty of wings that could step right in.  I think guys like George, Babbitt and Henry could all step right in and be productive NBA players, and I think they are all very real possibilities at 19.
I'm not sold on George, I'm on the fence on Babbitt (who could be gone when we pick) and I doubt Henry will be there.

I would love Henry, if he is available I would love him. However, I'm not sure he'll be available. I hope I'm wrong.

« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Udoh

I'm not sold on George, I'm on the fence on Babbitt (who could be gone when we pick) and I doubt Henry will be there.

I would love Henry, if he is available I would love him. However, I'm not sure he'll be available. I hope I'm wrong.

Fair enough.  At 19, pretty much everyone is going to be an eye of the beholder type prospect.  But in general, I just have more confidence in most of the wing prospects than the project big men.

« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Udoh

Fair enough.  At 19, pretty much everyone is going to be an eye of the beholder type prospect.  But in general, I just have more confidence in most of the wing prospects than the project big men.
Don't get me wrong I prefer a wing to a project big man. This is because I feel like BBD and Perk could make a solid front court combo in the future and we have no young wings.

However I would be happy with a long and athletic project big man. KG is the heart of our defense. Once he retires we are going to need someone long and athletic enough to successfully blitz the pick and roll.

« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2010, 01:00:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Paul George and Larry Sanders are the two guys I am the most interested in.

Kevin Seraphin sounds very interesting too. I would be willing to take a chance on him also.

« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

Udoh

I would add Orton to the bigs that I'm interested in...Not sure what to think of Sanders at this point, but his reported skill set is very intriguing.