Author Topic: Paul Pierce gets it, KG doesn't... (booing)  (Read 16197 times)

Re: Paul Pierce gets it, KG doesn't... (booing)
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2010, 08:24:32 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Imagine a whole garden booing you. How many people is that? Tens of thousands? All of them booing.

Now imagine the adrenaline (seriously, adrenaline is a big thing when you play sports) you get from a Garden that's cheering you on. Calling your name. Chanting MVP. Arguing every call made by refs.

You guys think Sheed can sway the momentum? Just one person? But it's impossible for tens of thousands to do the same thing? You're definitely kidding yourself.

To me, cheering is productive, booing will make matters worse.
I still stand by this, and I love KG for speaking his mind. Where the fans have the right to boo, I think KG should have the right to call the booers out as well. After all, he works his behind off every night to give you guys his very best.

What do players on the bench do when the team plays bad? Boo them? No of course not. They're part of the team. You cheer them on for what they do well, bring energy, energize.

But no, Bostons crowd has to sap whatever energy is left by booing. Very productive indeed.

This to me is what we should all aim for...kind of an ideal for fans to follow...or should be imo.  Then, if a situation calls for booing (needs to be extremely obvious transgression for me personally to do it), then the booing should come from some primordial place within us, like a belch we couldn't control, with a bit more sustain....

What I can't stand or tolerate is someone hanging up his cell to boo, missing action while gabbing away with friends and then booing, and generally not caring very much about what's on the court until things get really ugly, then piling on in free-for-all to something that should be seen as a necessary evil...

I hate when fans try to become part of the story instead of letting the story be on the court.  I hate when people strive desperately for their however many seconds of fame (unless they have something positive to offer, like that freaky dance performance by one fan earlier on)...Once in a while some booing is inevitable....but I'm fine if a player bites back in the media.  People are saying KG should know he wasn't being booed individually.  Well, I for one know he wasn't slamming back at me individually.  He singled out no one, and that's why you let it slide imo.....

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2010, 12:29:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Imagine a whole garden booing you. How many people is that? Tens of thousands? All of them booing.

Now imagine the adrenaline (seriously, adrenaline is a big thing when you play sports) you get from a Garden that's cheering you on. Calling your name. Chanting MVP. Arguing every call made by refs.

You guys think Sheed can sway the momentum? Just one person? But it's impossible for tens of thousands to do the same thing? You're definitely kidding yourself.

I still stand by this, and I love KG for speaking his mind. Where the fans have the right to boo, I think KG should have the right to call the booers out as well. After all, he works his behind off every night to give you guys his very best.

What do players on the bench do when the team plays bad? Boo them? No of course not. They're part of the team. You cheer them on for what they do well, bring energy, energize.

But no, Bostons crowd has to sap whatever energy is left by booing. Very productive indeed.

this is coming from a guy who made Baby cry by yelling at him, no? =)
Kiorrik made Baby cry??

You big Dutch bully you!!!!! ;) ;D

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2010, 01:03:03 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

The difficult question is how much of a negative effect the booing has in future games. It is a much more dangerous act when we are talking about a team that will make the playoffs. If we were the Knicks or Nets, it really wouldn't make a difference if we boo.

The non-Sheed act that I consider most boo-able is Rondo's newfound love of being fancy that leads to unnecessary turnovers. For some reason, a few weeks ago he decided to try to show off fancy dribbling and passing and this has led to him just losing the ball at times. Since the cheering the fans do when this works is positive reinforcement, this does seem like it needs to be balanced by the fans calling him out.

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2010, 01:56:18 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The difficult question is how much of a negative effect the booing has in future games. It is a much more dangerous act when we are talking about a team that will make the playoffs. If we were the Knicks or Nets, it really wouldn't make a difference if we boo.

The non-Sheed act that I consider most boo-able is Rondo's newfound love of being fancy that leads to unnecessary turnovers. For some reason, a few weeks ago he decided to try to show off fancy dribbling and passing and this has led to him just losing the ball at times. Since the cheering the fans do when this works is positive reinforcement, this does seem like it needs to be balanced by the fans calling him out.

A few months ago Rondo decided to show off his fancy passing with some crazy behind the back bounce passes. Now it's an effective weapon.