Author Topic: Shows you wish your wife wouldn't watch leading you to spend more time on CB  (Read 8768 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Pretty much all the reality shows.

In no particular order

Fringe

American Idol

Dancing with the stars...tolerable for two minutes

So you think you can dance...tolerable for 5 minutes

Wife swap...it was funny the first 15 times but not anymore

That show they make over each other's home

Ugly Betty...tolerable for 10 minutes....and I insist it's insulting they call it Ugly Betty cause she's not ugly.  She's just a little below average with a lot of personality. It should be called You could learn a lesson from this Betty or Nice, smart, hard working, kinda cute Betty

Kiorrik

My girlfriend doesn't watch that kind of nonsense.

We watch movies though. Lots of 'm.

And I'm a thankful man for that.

/partypooper

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
My fiancee just said "As if the shows I watch actually has anything to do with how much time you spend on your blog."

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Kiorrik

My fiancee just said "As if the shows I watch actually has anything to do with how much time you spend on your blog."
Hahahaha, one nil for the fiancee :)

When was the big day again? And where? At what time are we supposed to arrive? ;)

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1649
  • What a Pub Should Be
I don't have a wife or girlfriend at the moment so I pretty much do and watch whatever the heck I feel like.  ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

When was the big day again? And where? At what time are we supposed to arrive? ;)

October 23, in northern / western Maine.  It's going to be really small, though, so sadly the Celticsblog contingent will be limited.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
My anorexic wife won't stop watching Biggest Loser.  Hate that show.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3782
  • Yup

October 23, in northern / western Maine.  It's going to be really small, though, so sadly the Celticsblog contingent will be limited.

That'd go over big Roy.  Honey, I invited 3000 friends from CelticsBlog.  I haven't ever really met them before but they promised me they'd behave themselves.
Yup

Kiorrik

That'd go over big Roy.  Honey, I invited 3000 friends from CelticsBlog.  I haven't ever really met them before but they promised me they'd behave themselves.
Hahahaha, TP, I was thinking of a way to word exactly that, but couldn't not make it sound rude :D

Well played :D

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I am worried.  My girlfriend implied just a couple of hours ago that she will not have anybody to watch "Twilight: Eclipse" in Boston, meaning I will most likely be the one to watch it with her.  I already made the effort to see the last one and I was ready to punch myself in the face.  I told her she can always find an exciting group of 12 year old girls to watch it with her... she wasn't buying it.
Baby Jesus!

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Thanks for telling me in advance before I bought my ticket. ;D Good thing I own a tux.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Pretty much all the reality shows.

In no particular order

Fringe

American Idol

Dancing with the stars...tolerable for two minutes

So you think you can dance...tolerable for 5 minutes

Wife swap...it was funny the first 15 times but not anymore

That show they make over each other's home

Ugly Betty...tolerable for 10 minutes....and I insist it's insulting they call it Ugly Betty cause she's not ugly.  She's just a little below average with a lot of personality. It should be called You could learn a lesson from this Betty or Nice, smart, hard working, kinda cute Betty

Mis-reading that post, it looks like you're putting Fringe in a list of reality shows.

My wife loves dancing with the stars. She's also getting big on Grey's anatomy. Not the new episodes, but the old ones on lifetime or some similar network. It's on for 2-3 hours in a row.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Misreading that post also...it seems like you're putting Fringe on the list of shows you don't want to watch. That dog just won't hunt!

My girlfriend and my TV schedules actually never coincide...she doesn't make me watch crappy reality TV or idol, I don't make her watch the awesome shows I watch religiously (Fringe included), or Celtics games. We make dinner together, we eat it, we talk about stuff, then she goes upstairs to fall asleep watching something and I go down to the mancave.

Plus since I learned about Binge-ah Rid-e-oh if I do miss something I wanna watch I can always catch it later. Celtics games are however non-negotiable.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:15:14 AM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

"What did I tell you guys! This cannot degenerate into a back and forth bi-partisan bickering fest! That's it, you're both banned from the beer garden! It is a zero tolerance policy in the beer garden!"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I made no such promises.