Author Topic: Deadline Needs: SF/PF  (Read 1226 times)

Deadline Needs: SF/PF
« on: February 17, 2010, 01:19:06 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
When the playoffs roll around we will be horribly mismatched with teams of the likes of the Magic, Hawks, and Lakers. Players like Josh Smith, Rashard Lewis, and Lamar Odom give them extremely young, and athletic front courts. Having Rasheed, Baby, or even Garnett trying to chase those players around the perimeter will be nothing short of a disaster.

This is why i'm surprised that getting an athletic, young wing/PF hasn't been discussed much on this blog.IMO, there are still alot of good options on the market that Danny should go after.

Some trades that would address these needs:

Ray Allen, Giddens, and a draft pick for Hinrich and Deng.
This one has been beaten to death but would be a steal for us. We get an athletic 3/4 who will help tweek the starting lineup and help the defensive cause, along with a proven back up PG.

Tony Allen or Eddie House for Brandan Wright.has one more year left on his deal after this and has yet to reach his potential. Would be a decent defensive fit.

Scals, House, and a 2nd rounder for Shane Battier Will this happen? probably not. but if i were danny, i'd at least make the call. Battier has proven that he is a defensive beast.

Tony Allen for Hakim Warrick. Warrick is a dunk waiting to happen. Along with providing that kind of energy off the bench, he can help guard the likes of Josh Smith. We may need to throw in a 2nd rounder to make this deal work.

Scals, Walker, and a pick for Ryan Gomes
I can dream, right?

Eddie and a 2nd rounder for Julian Wright.
Alot of people are low on Wright but the guy is big, athletic is still only 23. It could end up being a steal for us.

Scals, House, and JR for Nocioni. This one is self explainatory. Nocioni would bring a tremedous amount of energy to this team and there is a good chance that SAC would buy out Eddie.

Re: Deadline Needs: SF/PF
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
chicago would be my favorite

Rondo/ Hinrich
Pierce/ House/ Tony
Deng/ Daniels/ Pierce
Garnett/ Davis/ Deng
Perk/ Wallace

the only problem would be Hinrich and Dengs salarys....

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
battier!  he'd be perfect sf/pf defender, good team player

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 03:25:13 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Wright is out for the year I believe and I have no interest in Hakim Warrick. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers