Author Topic: Who NOW are our natural trading partners for Ray, and what can we get?  (Read 6193 times)

Re: Who NOW are our natural trading partners for Ray, and what can we get?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 12:42:02 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I don't think anyone can prdict what will happen if they make a Ray Allen trade.

But we can predict with relative certainty what will happen if they do not make a trade.

Yeah no arguments here.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
The Celtics main problem is that Ray by himself will not yield much.  Teams that ae looking for a pure salary dump have role players with huge contracts that they would like to move (Troy Murphy comes to mind).  The problem is Boston needs a better player than that (let's use Kevin Martin as an example), but is missing the young talent that they would need to add to the trade

Yeah it's too bad the C's don't have a player like Hickson to bring in some talent...
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
The Celtics main problem is that Ray by himself will not yield much.  Teams that ae looking for a pure salary dump have role players with huge contracts that they would like to move (Troy Murphy comes to mind).  The problem is Boston needs a better player than that (let's use Kevin Martin as an example), but is missing the young talent that they would need to add to the trade

Yeah it's too bad the C's don't have a player like Hickson to bring in some talent...

I'm not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic or not, but Hickson is a 20 yr old altheltic player who has mde major progress since last year and has a very high ceiling.  It's nothing to brag about too much, but his combination of youth and athleticism makes him more marketable than anyone on the Celtics (outside of Rhondo)

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 12:54:06 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

I'm not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic or not, but Hickson is a 20 yr old altheltic player who has mde major progress since last year and has a very high ceiling.  It's nothing to brag about too much, but his combination of youth and athleticism makes him more marketable than anyone on the Celtics (outside of Rhondo)

I obviously know a bit more about Hickson than you do Rondo but, let's just say our opinions with regard to Hickson's 'ceiling' are a tad different.  Although I guess from PHX perspective if he's the best they can get for dumping Amare (who probably believes he's a max guy) it's not a horrible move.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Spelling mistakes aside, I agree that Rondo has a very high ceiling.  I loved watching him at UK, and was very hopeful h would fall to the Cavs in the draft (although that wasn't a very realistic hope at the time). 

As for Hickson, the guy has made rapid improvements this year, mostly due to working and training with Lebron.  He has a very high ceiling.  He has the natural athleticism to be great.  He just needs the right guidance

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
There are no natural trading partners for Ray Allen.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Ray isn't going anywhere...I'm convinced the Ray Allen talk probably died somewhere around Monday afternoon...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 05:21:47 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Ray isn't going anywhere...I'm convinced the Ray Allen talk probably died somewhere around Monday afternoon...

AJ,you may be right, but I hope you're wrong, and reports out of Houston on RealGM talk about the Rockets now not trading TMac. Now, what first  comes to mind is that this is just a ploy to extract more from the Knicks. If it is true, however, and not just a ploy, this makes Ray Ray's contract even more valuable as the only mega expiring on the market and enhances our leverage with the Bulls and the Knicks, not just for Ray but also for our other expirings. Let's keep our fingers crossed.