Author Topic: cavs talking w/sixers about iggy  (Read 9366 times)

cavs talking w/sixers about iggy
« on: January 31, 2010, 10:19:15 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
is this new? danny has to have made an offer by now, right? the cavs can offer more though, is that correct?

Re: cavs talking w/sixers about iggy
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:25:56 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Does he even think AI is an upgrade for this team over Ray?

I think Cleveland is more pushed by the panic of Lebron bolting.  They could trade for AI and Brand with Big Z and Wally and deal with the cap issues later.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 10:28:24 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i'm sure danny sees him as an upgrade. i love ray but i think this is our best possible deal. if cleveland gets iggy i'd say they are the favorite.lebron and iggy on the break... way to many espn highlights.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
please let them make this deal. imo it would hurt the cavs chemistry and really grind ball movement to a halt.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 10:36:19 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
if cleveland gets iggy i'd say they are the favorite.lebron and iggy on the break... way to many espn highlights.

Thankfully, an ESPN highlight reel does not a champtionship make...
(just ask Gerald Green)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
please let them make this deal. imo it would hurt the cavs chemistry and really grind ball movement to a halt.

It would hurt team chemistry for Iguodala to play instead of jamario moon and anthony parker?

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 10:52:45 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I think Cleveland is more pushed by the panic of Lebron bolting.  They could trade for AI and Brand with Big Z and Wally and deal with the cap issues later.

In order to do this they would need to build a time machine...Head back to the offseason and sign Wally because he isnt on the team, and as far as I know has no money or contract still in association with them team.

Also, it appears that Cleveland is going after anyone who is available. They've got a smart thing going... Trying to build a nucleus around young players. (Well, except the Shaq ordeal).

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 10:58:36 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

In order to do this they would need to build a time machine...Head back to the offseason and sign Wally because he isnt on the team, and as far as I know has no money or contract still in association with them team.

Also, it appears that Cleveland is going after anyone who is available. They've got a smart thing going... Trying to build a nucleus around young players. (Well, except the Shaq ordeal).

They have his Bird rights still.

Think Van Horn a few years ago.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 10:59:40 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

it's actually a little quirk, i believe. Cleveland still has his bird rights because they never renounced them and he hasn't signed with another team. They can technically sign and trade him with his permission on a one year deal for whatever they want as long as it's about equal or less than last year's salary.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

It would hurt team chemistry for Iguodala to play instead of jamario moon and anthony parker?

iggy needs the ball, a. parker and moon are role players. they don't need the ball to have an impact.

so yeah i think this is at best a sideways deal for the cavs.
they would be do much better to land a low post threat like boozer or stoudemire or a vet point like miller.

lets hope none of those guys end up in cleveland.

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 11:26:08 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't think it would work so well because of shooting issues, but it's worth trying for the Cavs if they don't lose much.

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
i'm sure danny sees him as an upgrade. i love ray but i think this is our best possible deal. if cleveland gets iggy i'd say they are the favorite.lebron and iggy on the break... way to many espn highlights.

Sure, with Iggy pulling up and watching LeBron finish every time. Cleveland's not really a running team, and Mo's not really a good transition pg, is he?

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Iggy is a very good player, but he is not a good fit next to Lebron.  Iggy is best when he has the ball in his hands, and can create for himself and others (much like Lebron).  Really, if I was going to describe Iggy, it would probably be as a homeless man's Lebron.  

I would be much more worried about the Cavs getting a versatile PF like Jamison, than a go-to wing like AI.

I also don't see why Cleveland would take on the other contract that Philly wants to package with Iggy, unless they think Brand has enough left to be rejuvenated in Cleveland (he might scare me a bit there).

Moral of the story?  I think this is a non-story.  Just like Hinrich is not going to the C's, Iggy is not going to the Cavs.

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 11:40:35 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Iggy and LeBron are twins. That would get real confusing.

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 11:44:27 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Iggy is a very good player, but he is not a good fit next to Lebron.  Iggy is best when he has the ball in his hands, and can create for himself and others (much like Lebron).  Really, if I was going to describe Iggy, it would probably be as a homeless man's Lebron.  

I would be much more worried about the Cavs getting a versatile PF like Jamison, than a go-to wing like AI.

I also don't see why Cleveland would take on the other contract that Philly wants to package with Iggy, unless they think Brand has enough left to be rejuvenated in Cleveland (he might scare me a bit there).

Moral of the story?  I think this is a non-story.  Just like Hinrich is not going to the C's, Iggy is not going to the Cavs.

Brand and Shaq don't really fit either.