Author Topic: I am not for trading Ray but...  (Read 9128 times)

I am not for trading Ray but...
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:56:26 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I was on the Detroit board at Realgm.com and saw that they would do a Ray for Prince and Rip deal. Now i am not a guy that usually says trade one of our core players away but how about we do

Ray, Scal, and Williams

For

Rip,Prince, and Maxiell

How would you feel with something like that?

Re: I am not for trading Ray but...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 12:05:03 AM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Not messing with the best starting 5 in the L, with the best chemistry in the league.

Not messing with the starting 5 that won the championship

The thing thats different from the championship year and this year is the bench. not the starting 5 and not the coaching staff,  the bench. All transactions between now, and the  trade deadline, should be to better our bench.

I'm not touching the starters

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 12:07:01 AM »

Offline Mad Hatter

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 75
TP, fanofgreen. we need a better bench.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:07:32 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im not one for the idea of trading ray, rather i would keep him and let his contract run out.  after the season, decide whats best for the team and go from there.

however......

i really like this deal and would seriously consider it.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 12:17:47 AM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183
Given how Rip has sucked at the 3 point shot this season, and how he and Prince have been injured so often this season, this trade would absolutely kill floor spacing and not add much.

And, in the end, we'd still be a team that would need KG back to realistically have a shot.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 12:32:25 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I am saying we need a better bench too but would Prince off the bench not be an upgrade?

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 12:57:07 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Maybe we should have a poll. Great starting five or better bench?

I'll go with the guys that'll be playing 38 minutes a game in the playoffs.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 01:10:48 AM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
im not one for the idea of trading ray, rather i would keep him and let his contract run out.  after the season, decide whats best for the team and go from there.

however......

i really like this deal and would seriously consider it.

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 01:59:17 AM »

Offline federico

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Not messing with the best starting 5 in the L, with the best chemistry in the league.

The thing thats different from the championship year and this year is the bench. not the starting 5 and not the coaching staff,  the bench. All transactions between now, and the  trade deadline, should be to better our bench.

We can't improve for real our bench without givin up a starter, and Ray is the best that we can offer (except for Pierce, but he is untouchable!); i don't like this trade because the players proposed are aged and always injured, but i think that we need a change in our roster, especially because age and lack of athleticism (and injury, ok..) are becoming a factor in our losses when we are opposed to teams like ,for example, Atlanta and Chicago.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 02:11:55 AM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown

We can't improve for real our bench without givin up a starter, and Ray is the best that we can offer (except for Pierce, but he is untouchable!); i don't like this trade because the players proposed are aged and always injured, but i think that we need a change in our roster, especially because age and lack of athleticism (and injury, ok..) are becoming a factor in our losses when we are opposed to teams like ,for example, Atlanta and Chicago.

I believe,We can improve our bench without giving up a starter.

we can trade for Sasha Pavlovic (better than Scal and JR, maybe Billy, more offensively gifted than Tony)

We can trade for Keyon Dooling (better than Eddie House, Jr, Scal, Tony, Billy)
[or we can wait ans see if he gets bought out]

We can sign Sean Williams (athleticism on the front line, something that Scal/Shelden/Baby will never be able to bring to this team.) athleticism is what could be used against the Atl's and Chicago's like you said.

We can also try and trade for Dominic McGuire (athleticism on the front line also)

There are ways we can strengthen our bench without giving up a starter . We dont need a complete retooling, we need to change out the parts that are ineffective with parts that bring effectiveness in areas where we are weak.

Sasha's contract is something like $1.5 for 1 year
McGuires contract is $825k for 1 year
Sean Williams is currently a free agent
Dooling is $3.2 for 2 years.

we dont have to get all of these, guys but at least 2.

but this is more of a suggestion or an example of the things we can do w/o tearing up our starting 5

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 02:45:29 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
No, mainly because Tay and Rip are old and clearly on their way to being washed up.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 08:26:38 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If those two can pass a physical, yes, I would make this trade. 

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 09:32:31 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
No way.  Those two are both hurt and Hamilton looks washed up.  Have you guys checked out their numbers?  Rip is shooting 38% from the field and 21% from 3.  Prince is average 8pts, 3 rebounds and shooting 42%from the field and 21% from 3.  Just horrible.  These guys are declining way faster than Ray.  That deal would be just horrible.  Sometimes I think Celts fans live a few years in the past when it comes to guys on other teams since we don't see them very often.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 08:39:53 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

I believe,We can improve our bench without giving up a starter.

we can trade for Sasha Pavlovic (better than Scal and JR, maybe Billy, more offensively gifted than Tony)

We can trade for Keyon Dooling (better than Eddie House, Jr, Scal, Tony, Billy)
[or we can wait ans see if he gets bought out]

We can sign Sean Williams (athleticism on the front line, something that Scal/Shelden/Baby will never be able to bring to this team.) athleticism is what could be used against the Atl's and Chicago's like you said.

We can also try and trade for Dominic McGuire (athleticism on the front line also)

There are ways we can strengthen our bench without giving up a starter . We dont need a complete retooling, we need to change out the parts that are ineffective with parts that bring effectiveness in areas where we are weak.

Sasha's contract is something like $1.5 for 1 year
McGuires contract is $825k for 1 year
Sean Williams is currently a free agent
Dooling is $3.2 for 2 years.

we dont have to get all of these, guys but at least 2.

but this is more of a suggestion or an example of the things we can do w/o tearing up our starting 5

I really would like to get Damien Wilkins along with Sasha. Both give us youth, athleticism, and talent. Plus the options of having them play G and F...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjyzfpf

Throw in draft picks for each team and its done.
We would then have 2 open roster spots to sign a couple bigs and our championship squad would be complete. IMO
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
This is one of the few Ray trade ideas I think I'd pull the trigger on, but I'm not sure Detroit would move both guys solely for expirings.

Wouldn't they be better off packaging them each in separate deals, trying to pick up some assets along with them?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions