Author Topic: PATS vs RAVENS (1.10.10) AFC Wild Card  (Read 37455 times)

PATS vs RAVENS (1.10.10) AFC Wild Card
« on: January 04, 2010, 02:03:49 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The New England Patriots (10/6) host the Baltimore Ravens (9/7) at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA, at 1PM on January 10, 2010, in the first round of the NFL Playoffs, AFC Wild Card game. The game will be televised nationally on CBS.

GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 02:19:32 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: PATS vs RAVENS (1.10.10) AFC Wild Card
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 07:21:32 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Let me echo that sentiment...

GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!          GO PATRIOTS!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 09:33:06 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I agree, go Pats.

I think the Pats win this game because a healthy Wilfork and Warren stuff the Ravens run game while the Pats double Mason (their only good reciever) and shut down the Ravens offense.

Expect a big game from Brady, a lot of quick passes to Edelman and Moss to difuse the Ravens blitzes.

Also for anyone interested I have an extra ticket to the game that I am looking to sell, please pm me if interested.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:22:11 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
As a Ravens fan I'm going on record with a prediction of a 4 point Baltimore win.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 11:21:54 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
this was the one matchup I didnt want to see.  I keep flip flopping about who will win, so I am not going to even attempt to predict, but this is going to be very very close.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 11:25:06 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
this was the one matchup I didnt want to see.  I keep flip flopping about who will win, so I am not going to even attempt to predict, but this is going to be very very close.

Yeah ... I think it will be close, too ... we're going to need some of that old Brady magic to get through this one, just not sure if he's got enough in his "Bag of Tricks" this time. If Moss and Maroney want some redemption, now's the time. ;) (TP) (And Edelman needs to step up in a big way).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 12:47:17 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Tossup game.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 01:24:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Am I the only one that thinks the Pats destroy the Ravens Sunday? I just don't think the Ravens have the type of offense to beat the Pats with lots of points and I don't think they have the type of defense that will severely limit the Pats when they are at home, Welker or no Welker.

I say a 31-14 game is what we see come Sunday.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 01:43:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Am I the only one that thinks the Pats destroy the Ravens Sunday? I just don't think the Ravens have the type of offense to beat the Pats with lots of points and I don't think they have the type of defense that will severely limit the Pats when they are at home, Welker or no Welker.

I say a 31-14 game is what we see come Sunday.
I think the Pats need to stop the Raven's rushing attack. I'm not sure that happens.

Also the weakest link of the Raven's defense is that their CBs suck. But with just Moss remaining as a top flight threat they can slap two players on him and probably be okay with covering teh rest.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Pats win.  
It won't be easy (sorry, I disagree with you nick), but the Pats will eke out the win.  I have faith in BB, Brady, Pats at home in Gilette in the playoffs.  There will be someone random who steps up big and surprises (Aiken on offense and Butler on defense/special teams).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 02:04:54 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 618
Pats win, but it will be a very close game.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 02:49:09 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'm not worried about the Pats winning at home against a very inconsistent and flawed Ravens team.  I think we're going to win, though I don't know for sure whether it'll be really close or not close at all.

That said, I have very little faith in the Pats' ability to win on the road in the playoffs, especially against San Diego or Indianapolis.  I fully expect to get embarrassed in the second round.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 03:03:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm not worried about the Pats winning at home against a very inconsistent and flawed Ravens team.  I think we're going to win, though I don't know for sure whether it'll be really close or not close at all.

That said, I have very little faith in the Pats' ability to win on the road in the playoffs, especially against San Diego or Indianapolis.  I fully expect to get embarrassed in the second round.
Well, if by embarrassed you mean they will come out play great first half ball, surge to a good lead and then squander it in the second half, especially the fourth quarter, then yeah, I agree, they might be embarrassed in San Diego or Indy.

But I expect every game they play after Sunday against baltimore to be extremely close.

Pats Ravens 1/10/10
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 11:47:14 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Pumped for the game.  Should be a tough one.  I think the pats will win, but I think it will be very close.  Stanback is inactive today so I think the only receivers are aiken, edelman, and moss.  I expect to see the tightends catching passes and Kevin Faulk catching alot of passes.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Pats Ravens 1/10/10
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 11:48:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Pumped for the game.  Should be a tough one.  I think the pats will win, but I think it will be very close.  Stanback is inactive today so I think the only receivers are aiken, edelman, and moss.  I expect to see the tightends catching passes and Kevin Faulk catching alot of passes.
That's not good, the Ravens CBs is their biggest weakness on defense.

We'll see what the Patriots do with their backs and heavy sets I guess.