Author Topic: KG Update from Bill Simmons  (Read 17170 times)

Re: KG Update from Bill Simmons
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 02:51:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2742
I know he's fine- not a feeling- I know.  Stop all this nonsense and speculation.  KG will play.

ho do you "know"?
Because I do.  You all can leave it at that or continue to be one of the above doom and gloom types...

I'm not too doom and gloom, I'm actually excited to hear you be so positive that he is healthy, jut wanted to see if you knew anything else. I personally think that this year's team is going to go slowly in the regular season, get the new guys adjusted to the system, let Walker develop a bit like Davis did, and then blow everyone away in the playoffs. The other contenders are not even close.

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 02:58:21 PM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
Is "injury expert" Will Carroll, the baseball guy who's never right about anything?

I suspect it is.

Seriously.  Plus, he never cited actually speaking to anyone within the Celtics front office/medical staff (anonnymous or not).  There is alos no evidence of him having any degrees/certifications in the medical field.

SUSPECT!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I know he's fine- not a feeling- I know.  Stop all this nonsense and speculation.  KG will play.

ho do you "know"?
Because I do.  You all can leave it at that or continue to be one of the above doom and gloom types...

Cool thanks for the information.  TP for the good vibes.  We need him.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2009, 04:46:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Is "injury expert" Will Carroll, the baseball guy who's never right about anything?

I suspect it is.

It is indeed.  The same "injury expert" that reported that Manny Ramirez had a torn meniscus in 2008.  He could be right, but his information hasn't always been solid.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2009, 04:59:56 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
This is all speculation, but it is very annoying that we get no solid updates on what is actually happening with KG's knee. If there were two surgeries (I don't even know that much), and they're trying to say he had tendon surgery as a result of damage from bone spurs, then I think that statement is as suspect as the phantom "injury expert." And if there was a surgery on the knee tendons, one that was not discussed or was just brushed under the rug, then my concern would certainly be heightened, though I'll wait for my own eyes to see what's what.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
There was only one surgery, and it was after the playoffs, and it was to take out the bone spurs. What's this about a second surgery? I can say right now I've heard of no such thing.

I'd hate to take a high road on both of these guys (Simmons and @injury"expert"), but I wanna know where either of these guys heard of something.

I'd also hate to say this, but if KG isn't even "close" to ready after 5 months of rehab and rest from having bone spurs removed, then something tells me he may as well be closer to retiring altogether. Point is, if something's wrong with KG, I honestly doubt the Celtics can hide it this time around and get away with it. I do think that they're just taking their time with him. Although, I would like to know this "training" KG is doing.

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 05:26:51 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
I am so confused!!!

Some reports say that Kevin is almost ready to play basketball, and that he is allready shooting

Some reports say that they had to staple his tendons to his bones and that he has a long way to go... TERRIFYING!

I hate this!

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 05:46:51 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Call me a pessimist if you want, but the Rasheed Wallace signing was definitely made with a "this could be KG's replacement" feel to it. The team didn't hesitate to throw the third year to Wallace, which we all know, was too much to give to him. Wallace has one good year left, tops. The Wallace signing had the "this is a desperate move because we don't know what will be happening with KG" feel.

But, nonetheless, sure, I'd to have Rasheed coming off the bench as a sixth man power. But, if KG goes down, having Wallace starting with Baby coming off the bench, which is where he should be, isn't all that bad. But, remember, Wallace only has one good year left.  The other 10 million of Wallace's contract is going to be spent on placating the team for next year, not for his skills.

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

I suspect it is.

It is indeed.  The same "injury expert" that reported that Manny Ramirez had a torn meniscus in 2008.  He could be right, but his information hasn't always been solid.

FWIW, Carroll's also been WAY off base about the injury to Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford. I take NOTHING he says seriously.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »

Offline BBS

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 11
Will Carroll is gonna be on 98.5 the sports hub in a few.

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2009, 06:35:49 PM »

Offline gustusias

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
I have learned not to trust the Celtics management to tell the truth all the time. Remember last spring and how they handled KG's medical condition reports. NO ONE REALLY EVER KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON. THEN COME PLAYOFF TIME WE WERE ALL SHOCKED TO DISCOVER THAT HE WOULDN'T EVEN PLAY.

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »

Offline newdusk

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I have learned not to trust the Celtics management to tell the truth all the time. Remember last spring and how they handled KG's medical condition reports. NO ONE REALLY EVER KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON. THEN COME PLAYOFF TIME WE WERE ALL SHOCKED TO DISCOVER THAT HE WOULDN'T EVEN PLAY.

Look at what the Celtics are not saying right now. There are not even pictures of KG lifting weights. There is only about a month left before preseason.

The other thing is that KG has a somewhat "exotic" knee injury its not like a torn ligament it's something that people don't really know a lot about. I just hope we don't hear the kiss of death known as "Micro fracture surgery". Simmons is not a journalist but he was right about KG's status for the playoffs. I think he should be commended for at least asking the question. The Celtics are actually the most secretive and least accessible organization even more so then the Patriots.

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2009, 07:15:50 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
checked with my own source - this is all nonsense
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2009, 07:34:07 PM »

Offline newdusk

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
checked with my own source - this is all nonsense

CAN you give us photographic evidence? anything even KG lifting a dumbbell while standing up? How about KG running? Did your "source" break the news that KG would miss the playoffs last year? Sorry Jeff I don't mean to question your credibility I hope your right. You cannot disagree that this subject though has been swept under the rug by the mainstream media.

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2009, 07:54:32 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
I'll take danny's word for it. The question is whether we should be concerned that they are being so cautious at this stage in the game. Again it could be sensible caution or signs that things worse than anticipated. But he is working out he is getting therapy and he is shooting. They are not committing to the beginning of training camp. There is no sense pushing for the beginning of Training camp if that puts him at risk. So makes sense.

"Kevin looks good, he's in here working out every day," Ainge said today from the team's practice facility in Waltham. "He's doing his training but he's not playing fullcourt basketball, yet. We're taking it as slow and as cautious as we can with him. He's anxious and he has a ton of energy, but I think he gets it. We don't have bodyguards on him to keep him from working too hard. He's on the program with the staff. We don't have timetables on this. We are going week to week and we'll make a decision on where he is."