Author Topic: Walter released from Pats. Does this mean a move?  (Read 5736 times)

Re: Walter released from Pats. Does this mean a move?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 10:18:16 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Garcia is the target they should go after.  It will not cost them a draft pick or player.  He gives them the best chance of winning if Brady was to go down.

He is solid and limits turnovers.

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 10:28:58 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Garcia is the target they should go after.  It will not cost them a draft pick or player.  He gives them the best chance of winning if Brady was to go down.

Disagree, he has played in the west coast offense almost his entire career, I dont think he would be very effective switching over at this point, or that he would want to. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 11:39:16 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1797
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Disagree, he has played in the west coast offense almost his entire career, I dont think he would be very effective switching over at this point, or that he would want to. 

Well, there's nothing to show he can't adapt...besides, we have the best long ball receiver in the league...I don't consider our running game so great that we have to use it first to open up the passing game. I know we don't run a west coast offense, but we are not that traditional either...Brown and now Welker have been catching passes off the line on first down for years...

Either way, in terms of talent and success, Garcia is by far the best option...but Bill does like younger QBs and I could see him going that direction, too...